What's new

Origins Of The Species....by R.C.Clarke (Excellent Read)

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
This was a recently published article...
Many of you have seen it I'm sure but for those who haven't you should definitely check this one out as it is excellent and informative info!

I hope you are able to read the text,it seems like they are printing in a way that makes it hard to scan(blurry)....The more recent articles seem to be the ones that blur somewhat..

I hope you all enjoy this one as it is one of the better articles explaining genetics plus other stuff....Rob Clarke is one of the most knowledgeable people out the where breeding/genetics are concerned(as most of you already know)...

Take care and grow safe.........................................CC :wave:

Bravo Capt. Cript !! I can't wait for my copy of "Hashish!" to arrive ...

I really like the "scanned" threads you're making. Keep it going!

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Babbakush
Yes it might be the same one....
It might some other stuff added,I have not compared...I just ran across and posted it.....
Take care.....................CC

Yes it is the same but many people do not have the book so it will be of use to many here.....

Last edited:

Baba Kush

Capt. Crip said:
Babbakush
Yes it might be the same one....
It might some other stuff added,I have not compared...I just ran across and posted it.....
Take care.....................CC

Yes it is the same but many people do not have the book so it will be of use to many here.....

right on man... and the scans are much appreciated, too!

the Cannabible does have his nifty timeline of seed company introductions, which alas this article does not...

oh, and ganico: this was in Skunk magazine about six months back.

G

Baba Kush said:
this was in Skunk magazine about six months back.

Maybe, but it was also in Cannabis Culture mag too - thats where I read it.

ws

(Edit - yup, CC. It says so on the bottom of the pages)

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Babba
Cannabis Culture.........Not Skunk......We all miss sometimes.......
Take care..........................CC

Tom Hill

Veteran
Rob Clarke has always been my favorite read re cannabis.

However,:)

I felt a narrow leafed bias oozing from this article, anybody else pick up on this?

Capt. Crip

Veteran
YeaTom,
I can see what your saying.....
We all have our preferences,mine just depends on how i feel...I love both sides of the spectrum equally ,each for a different reasons...

It's does seem the older the individual the more of a preference for the narrow leaf................ :chin:

Theres all kinds of cool shit to post up just trying to spread it out somewhat.......

Cool thing on potency next........"It's all about the resin"

Thanks for the comments,everyone take care.........................CC

Tom Hill

Veteran
Thanks Capitan,

I'm sure Mr Clarke wouldn't mind, for he knows perceptions change with geography etc,
He's not flying solo with the sentiments either, DJ and others have expressed the same. Newsflash, most of us would still be up schwagg creek without a paddle if not for the short fats. For one thing, big brother drove emerald triangle growers so friggin far under the trees between 1983 & 1996 that nothing else would grow to an acceptable finish but the broadleafs-they see all, the notion that indicas value has something to do with it not being seen over the fence or from the air ect is ridiculous imo.. The ability of the broads to produce under low light conditions is perhaps their most valuable trait (this applies equally to bud density lower in the canopy of the plant). A fact i've only seen Vic High touch on. The old mother sats & even most of the Dutch hybrids produce nothin but bags of lumber in these relative lowlight conditions. This as well as their copious resin production makes cannabis indica (broadleaf) invaluable to the whole spectrum of growers out there, friggin period. These valuable traits are not linked to the undesirable traits by any means. They may, and should be taken advantage of ,, even by the sativa freak. I'd hate to be lamenting about the loss of the pure ghanis in a few years as we lament about the loss of the pure thais etc now..

Its not about one or the other folks, is it?, thats not where its at..
Best Regards,
Tom

Capt. Crip

Veteran
One other rarely touched on is the fact that you have to grow such a large population of pure sativas to find a special plant...I would say at least 3 times the population of indicas for a special plant...At least!High quality plants are few and far between when dealing with pure or nearly pure sativa genetics..............

illin

Yes I see alot of bias tword sativas in alot of articles, and it has been this way for ever. Its like politics in the news media, No matter how much they try to stay independant you can usually tell which side they are on just by how they read a story. What we have to do is see past that.

I love reading these articles you have been posting Crip, keep em comin.

P.S. R.C. Clark is the man a true EXPERT. Far beyond the knowledge of most hacks that make a living in this buisiness.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts