What's new

Excellent Vietnamese Dalat Article (Dr. Dalat)

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Article by Dr. Dalat.....I think he was an OG member??Maybe you guys can help there....
Personally,,I wish I was there right now!!!What a beautiful country!!One day for sure...
I hope this one is readable as I know you sativa freaks should like this one....
Please let me know if you are enjoying the articles......If yes,I will keep posting up things of intrest....
Thanks fellas,oh and you ladies too!

Take care and grow safe..................................CC :wave: Enjoy!

:wave:

alaeddin

Thanks Captn,
I didn't know about the harvesting windows being at so precise days. Very nice pictures especially on the first page and the lady in the field and the hill. I'd like to live in a place like that. I think we need more words to describe things, stoned and high aren't enough.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

I just borrowed that hightimes from a friend, I think it is absolutely best article of that mag. So nice pics and a great + informative storie! Are those Dalat beans still available somewhere? Very interesting strain, I would definitely want to get some Vietnamese sativa genetics, they just sound so interesting & potent. I think I have to try hook up with old Vietnamese friend whose father used to grow here but was busted. He must have some idea how to score beans of Vietnamese herb!

I think spice brothers had some vietnamese strain, can´t remember for sure was it pure Vietnamese but they got this cross of Nevilles Haze & Vietnamese Black(??? or some other vietnamese) that sounded very potent strains but I think I readed sometime ago that they dont have it anymore! Dont know for sure, the cross was named Lieu Han or something.

Thanks for these and other scans captain!!!

Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

G

alternating nodes a week after seedling my ass.....

he refers to family tradition in one line

then calls them wild on the 4th page...

Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
wow capt.crip, I have to send you a load of thank you ! posting all these hightimes article I decided to go get my pile of old issue in the warehouse. As I was grabbing one of the last on the pile, I noticed something squeezed between it and the one below, damn... it was... a ziplock ! and what's inside ? yay ! buds ! :woohoo: That is one pretty good surprise ! Most probably they are from my 2003 grow, one of the Parvati sativa. opening the ziplock, the scent was quite yucky. extremely musky, very animal one. breaking up the buds, it's till musky as hell, but with a nice little fruity slightly orangey scent. Will check them more toroughly soon heheh.

by the way, do you have this centerfold called "Field of dreams" ? That's a damn nicely drooly one !

Irie !

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
YES!
I have field of Dreams!
Another good article.....
I love that pic!Man if I could just have that....I would go out and dance in it every day.....
I will get the article up soon.........

Take care..............................CC

killa-bud

Veteran
wow,i love indicas,but i really really miss the strong sativas i used to get,i would do anything to try this stuff,but holy shit thats a long flowering time damn

G

Anyone else wonder about the part where he says that 2 or 3 Dalats under a 1000watt hps can yield over 3lbs when trained? Am I the only one that sees that as like 1.5+ grams per watt on a sativa? Huh?

idk, but i seem to recall from another thread on here or a ukgrower site or somewhere that dalat was teh schwag. not potent at all compared to alot of strains. the only potential the guy said it had was for breeding because it's a 20ft landrace.

G

DiWeeDalat is one who has the original gear and been tendin' for years..............may share some of his thoughts if he jumps aboard...............

ndnguy

Was one of my finest memories of OG when Di Wee showed up and the tale of the Dalat started, awesome story telling. :woohoo: Then Marksmurfs indoor grow of this massive Sativa was spellbinding, huge balls to get that done and even get to 20 weeks, remember it snaking all over his growroom. lol
That and Reapers grow shows were alot what OG was all about , sharing some amazing grows step by step. Sure miss that. :wave: ...ndnguy

southwind

Lets hear it for the Captain

Lets hear it for the Captain

These articles are what I look forward to everyday.

Priceless my, friend.

Thank you!

Keep them coming they are appreciated.

"Just when I spent the last piaster I could borrow..."

jojajico

Veteran
do a search on dalat on this forum ive been trying to get this train for months. di wi seems to have droped off the face of the earth and only gave the beans to a select few then told them to not give them to anyone else. go figure. so the hunt continues. another thing to consider is this strain really hasnt been worked with so its phenos are of a wide range. there seems to be two one that yeilds like a monster colas like 2 liter soda bottles (literally) and they are dense. the other one is a lot more sparce but still a decent yeilder and seems to be a bit stronger. another thing there are almost no pure females or males. these things are hermi by nature. pure females and males do exsist but are super rare. one of the things you have to do everyday is pick off the male balls (ouch).

if i were able to score some bean i would love to work with the strain. keep track of how many balls the females produce and record this and bred the ones with the lowest hermi traits with a true male if i could find it. the search for these continues but i think i may have to vacation in vietnam, not that that wouldnt be an awesome trip.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I had the pleasure to grow dalat 3 years ago. DWD sent me good quantity of seeds and i moved them between different experienced growers here.

Dalat grows like the classic SE Asian sativa pheno.Vietnamese seeds are big and whitish. Pure vietnameses landraces are very similar to pure thais in structure, aromas, high and flowering times. They are tall and thin sativas with light green color. But i have found pure vietnameses more high yielding and vigorous than pure thais although they share many traits. Vietnameses sativa are also quite leafy but ovary and trichomes are real big. Buds are very voluminous but not dense. They are very mold and cold resistant plants.

The aroma is sour, lemony, floral, slighty woody and spicy.

The high is very clean, happy and warm for a pure sat, without paranoia. It's the kind of high that makes shine your day.

We grew different dalat plants being most of them initially females. Half of them become hermie later. It's very hard to find pure males. We initially find 2 males, one became hermie and the second one was used to produce some P2 dalat seeds.

We grew one dalat female in soil and it reached 3.5 meters finishing in early January outdoors. She's a long flowering tropical sat and it must be flowered for 16-24 weeks (10/14 photoperiod is better).

I experimented a little bit with dalat hybrids but i found her too dominant in the hybrids (producing very tall dalat dominant plants with a very long flowering) and the hermie issue.

Vietnam black is different genetics than a simple vietnamese landrace. It's a hybrid using different vietnamese/chinese genetics. VB flowers faster producing real big dense colas. The aroma is deeper and more organic. VB flowering time is around 12-16 weeks depending on the pheno. The colour is darker than pure vietnameses.

I have grown this year a new vietnamese landrace coming from Nah Trang coast. She grows like classic landrace viets, light colour, tall thin appearance. She's good yielding and has the good clear and happy high of pure nams.

She has been hermie free. She started to flower one mounth earlier than other tropical plants (thais, columbians, hazes). I harvested here in late december and im smoking the first joints now after some drying :yummy:

Sorry for the quality pics. I havent got a good camera the harvest day.

First pic is the whole Vietnam Nah Trang plant. I tied her down horizontally so she recived better light and was more discreet.

Cola pics close to harvest.

Last edited: