What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

on Daniel Cormier...

Katsu

Veteran
I never really liked the guy, but he was really earning my respect in spite of my misgivings, especially after he knocked out Miocic.

Now, however, he's not giving Miocic the rematch he was promised and my sentiment is swinging back the other way. I like fighters that will fight "anyone, anytime" with a "kill or be killed" attitude. When you start dodging guys, I lose all respect...

Last edited:

Katsu

Veteran
If you want to go down as legendary and one of the GOT, you really need to fight all comers and be willing to take rematches when you upset a legit champion. If you're for real, you can do it twice.

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
Meh...he beat him once already and it wasn't a back and forth war so I'd rather see him fight someone else. The Lesnar fight sounds more intriguing because of Brocks size. Miocic will just get starched again imo.

bish0p

He's prolly gonna retire soon... he's looking for the biggest payday and I don't blame him. Take away his loses to bones since he's a cheat and he's never been beaten.

With that said, ideally I think stipe should get the next shot at the belt, tho.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
IIRC, miocic got some decent shots in but never really hurt cormier. And cormier at heavyweight has tons of power, not sure a rematch would end up much different. Plus Scrappy and bishop are right, DC is in his 40s and wants to retire soon, that's why he wants a big money matchup with Brock lesnar. He wants to pocket a few million dollars and stay home and raise his kids, not keep getting punched and kicked in the head by 200+lb men. Even training for fights you keep getting battered in the head, even with headgear it probably takes a toll on your brain.

But yeah katsu, i wouldnt mind seeing another miocic-cormier match, it'd probably be a better fight than cormier-lesnar. Brocks a great wrestler but so is DC, and his stand up sucks for high level MMA.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Yep, DC has said he wants to retire after he turns 40 in a couple of months. That will most likely make his next fight in UFC the last match of his career. Saying no to a rematch against a guy he KO'd in the first round some 8 months ago.. Not really dodging a guy.

Especially if they are still trying to make that DC vs Brock Lesnar match happen, which it prolly won't.. Whatever the case, it's still a bigger match with more money on the table than DC vs Miocic 2, so worth waiting for.

Don't know how strict DC is with his retirement @ 40. If Dana White makes him a big offer for one more match against Lesnar, and Lesnar is out from the WWE after Wrestlemania (April), then maybe..

Katsu

Veteran
Daniel Cormier on UFC Fight Night 8/5:

“(Miocic) should (get an immediate rematch), but three’s a lot different than 11,” Cormier said. “And also, if Brock Lesnar was staring at Stipe, that would happen.

“But I’ll tell you this right now on record: Brock Lesnar doesn’t make it to the fight for any reason, I’ll fight Stipe again. That is not a problem. There is no reason I wouldn’t fight Stipe. I’m only fighting Brock because I’m fighting Brock. But if he doesn’t make it, I’ll fight Stipe again.”

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I thought 3 vs 11 meant how many millions DC would make fighting brock vs fighting stipe again, but i see he was talking about title defenses and getting a rematch. If demetrious johnson with a record 11 title defenses couldnt get an immediate rematch, why should stipe with 3 title defenses?

It's interesting that both jon jones and daniel cormier want to fight brock for the money it would make them, when the best fight would be between them at heavyweight. I think DC's power at HW would make a difference in a 3rd fight between them, assuming bones isnt juiced up again...

I really like Cormier as a guy, he seems like a nice person. I also totally understand wanting that last big pay day before he rides off into the sunset. That being said, does it seem like belts don't really mean anything in the UFC anymore? Get a belt, then call out the guy who will give you the biggest payday. How about cleaning out your division first, then going after another weight class or big money fight? Has anyone heard anything from Brock if he has any actual interest in fighting D.C.?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, DC said he hurt his back when he sneezed, no joke. So i think he's still rehabbing that and also has a nagging thumb and wrist injuries (arthritic wrist, not going to go away). So he's not going to be able to fight by his 40th bday in march, even if an opponent was lined up.

I think a lot of people agree with you Lame, that it's not about belts anymore, it's about money. Top fighters care more about the size of their bank account than their legacy.

Brock's got a good deal now, shows up at WWE ppv events, wrestles for 5 mins, shouts at the camera for 10 mins, and then walks away with a mil or two.

Im sure if dana waved 10mil in his face, brock would agree to fight DC, or jon jones, or whoever.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Get a belt, then call out the guy who will give you the biggest payday. How about cleaning out your division first, then going after another weight class or big money fight? Has anyone heard anything from Brock if he has any actual interest in fighting D.C.?

They were building to a Lesnar vs DC feud when Brock showed up in some UFC PPV a while ago, with Lesnar hitting the octagon after a DC fight, showing him around and calling the UFC heavyweight division "boring" or something like that. Also, I think Brock wanted to go back to UFC for one last run (read payday) in the spring of 2018 after his WWE deal was done. That's until Vince McMahon felt his roster of wrestlers wasn't that good and made Lesnar an offer he couldn't refuse. Something like show up every other month, act like you care at least 50% of the time and get paid more than anyone else on the active roster. And you get to use McMahon's private jet and his private bathroom at WWE HQ in Stamford, CT.. Both of which are really nice from what I hear.

Like I said before, rumors say that Lesnar is out of contract with WWE after Wrestlemania in April this year. And damn I hope he makes his UFC return after that. 1st, to get him of my damn rasslin' show. And 2nd, to fight and get beat by DC. Haven't followed UFC in years with much interest, but I'd bet good money on DC to beat Lesnar. So Dana White, please give Lesnar a lot of money for the fight, you can afford it. After all, they got paid like 4 billion when they sold UFC. Sure it was at least 3 ways with that money, and Vince McMahon has that Saudi money and new TV-deal money to counter with if they do a bidding war.

All these rich fucking guys have money coming out their butt cracks, must be great for them. But damn it sure ruins a lot of stuff for the fans. Getting paid seems to be number 1 on the list of priorities for everyone, nothing wrong with that. But DC has a TV job lined up for him after he's done with MMA, he's set for life. Lesnar hides away at his Canadian ranch and shoots animals, that's not that expensive of a life and most (if not all) of it is already paid for. Dana White has a couple of billion dollars to buy old swords and new mach3 razors. And finally Vince McMahon is an out of touch millionaire (billionaire?) who thinks fart jokes are the pinnacle of comedy. All of these dudes seem to think a million or two makes a difference like they would to a regular dude.. Show me the money! I mean, c'mon!

Katsu

Veteran
Next up for DC?

Next up for DC?

Francis?

Attachments

• freegifmaker.me_2ewDB.jpg
    freegifmaker.me_2ewDB.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 30
I never really liked the guy, but he was really earning my respect in spite of my misgivings, especially after he knocked out Miocic.

Now, however, he's not giving Miocic the rematch he was promised and my sentiment is swinging back the other way. I like fighters that will fight "anyone, anytime" with a "kill or be killed" attitude. When you start dodging guys, I lose all respect...
Mcgregor is that type of guy - anyone, anytime, anywhere

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G `day K

I`ll help with some perspective .
DC has fought for 10 years . Won the Strike Force GP at HW .
Became UFC champ at LHW . Champ at HW .
Is ready to retire .Wants one more big pay day before going back to commentator / coaches wages .

Prolly his last ever fight ...Who are we to dictate who he fights

If Stipe wants the fight he better get off his ass and create some hype to sell PPV. Love the guy as a fighter . But he is sadly lacking in charisma to help sell himself or his fights .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Katsu

Veteran
G `day K

I`ll help with some perspective .
DC has fought for 10 years . Won the Strike Force GP at HW .
Became UFC champ at LHW . Champ at HW .
Is ready to retire .Wants one more big pay day before going back to commentator / coaches wages .

Prolly his last ever fight ...Who are we to dictate who he fights

If Stipe wants the fight he better get off his ass and create some hype to sell PPV. Love the guy as a fighter . But he is sadly lacking in charisma to help sell himself or his fights .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Agreed, but I don't have to like it :)

Vital

I have to disagree. Cormier took on anyone and everyone. Miocic lost by first round KO. Brock made sense for Cormier who is due a nice payday IMO. Be that as it may, they now have their fight "Cormier and Miocic"! I'd love to see Cormier KO Jones at HW!