What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The “Cheech+Chong / Bill+Ted / Spicoli” phase of cannabis

White Beard

I got to thinking about this due to a conversation elsewhere, in which “dependable roadside testing” wandered into a dispute about whether ANYONE could in fact drive safely under the influence of cannabis.

I’ve been smoking weed since before I learned to drive. I know in my case, getting stoned started off *being* the entertainment back when I was new to it, and stayed that way for awhile, a few years, probably.

But over time, I got familiar with it, I learned how to use it for things. Being high turned into another way to pay attention, learn things, and process information.

I have been stoned as much as I could be for 35-36 years, and haven’t yet been as stoned as I want to be, perhaps ever. I have been able to do everything ‘just as if’ I were unimpaired. Zero bounce back, never a ticket or accident while stoned, *never* lost a job or an apartment or a relationship due to being stoned.

But, who cares about that - I wanted to know if y’all know what I’m talking about?

PDX Dopesmoker

Hollywood types have been trying to force the concept of that potheads are braindead, irresponsible retards on us ever since right around when Nixon decided to demonize drug use. Maynard G. Krebs wasn't all that bad, but after that there there was Cheech & Chong and Christopher Lloyd in Taxi. Did you ever see the movie More with the Pink Floyd soundtrack? Guy graduates from college and smokes some hash at a graduation party, next thing you know he overdosed from heroin on Mallorca. All that shit is just propaganda, its not real life. Real life is the stuff you see between watching TV shows and in that world the potheads all seem pretty much just as together as everyone else (which is to say not very much) or maybe even better than average or maybe I'm just biased in favor of potheads.

X

xavier7995

I do know what you are talking about. I see it as one of the downfalls of legalization, the fun of tracking down and scoring weed and then consuming your illegal substance is gone. I have been trying to get a bit of the "giggle" back into my pollen chucks, i figured most of the weed was mexican so always interested in seeing how those varieties do.

Another big part is that it is now possible to consume a shitload of weed, yet still live a pretty normal life. If you smoked weed everyday that sort of limited what you could do and who you hung around in the past, now its out there in all walks of life. Those folks may have always smoked, but it was a secret so the only people talking about weed were the cheech and chong crowd. I fall into the professional people that smoke every day category now, its weird. Never thought that legalization would catch on so i went to school studying finance and intl business with the plan to move to the netherlands. Turned out to not be necessary and here i am, smokin weed and doin math.

This post sucks (points i am trying to make are all confusing), i blame staying up late taking bong hits and watching nice dreams.

St. Phatty

One of the best compliments I ever got on pot I grew was from a friend who was normally THE designated driver, since he was good at driving Under the Influence.

Shared some double G, G13 x Hashplant crossed with BCGA Killer Queen, G13 x Cinderella.

We were driving to the friend's FAVORITE Dim Sum place in San Diego. In the Kearny Mesa-Clairmont Mesa area. He had been there dozens of times.

He got lost. Ended up driving past the Clairmont Mesa Home Depot and the rest of us finally told him - dude you're slightly lost.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i've lost jobs over weed. not because i could not do my job, but because i was given a "random" drug test after having conversations about drugs & testing with fellow employees. telling people the truth puts you square on the bullseye if you point out how policy is lunacy & counterproductive to boot. no one wants their employees to know that their company management is full of shit...i used to weld parts for nuclear plants while doing red dragon blotter. striking the arc created such PRETTY colors...:woohoo::biggrin:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I turned down a $150k job..

I turned down a $150k job..

It was a V.P. job for a trucking company..

Then they surprised me with the “piss test”, but I should have known. I turned them down.

I wouldn’t have been driving :party:

Gry

Dearly love smoking, and will not ever willingly up doing so, but what rings the bell for me is the combination of eating or drinking extract, and then doing bong hits.
That's how I get I how get the real comfortable, well toasted state of mind thing going.
Bong hits feel like icing on the cake attitude adjustment.

Last edited:

White Beard

I too love smoking my herb, but I’m being pushed away from it by my lungs...even through water, and sometimes vapor is too much.

Part of my plan is to figure out how to make effective edibles. Lucky me, I love the taste of cannabutter...another thing that requires more herb than I can comfortably buy.

The loose board is that I’ve never had a for-sure edible experience...still, reason for edibles, as part of my first harvest will go into live-resin sufficient to give me a gram a day for thirty days. Yes, I’m going to take the cannabis cure, even though I have no cancer signs; I’m not even especially sick (although I caught some rotten bug the kids have been passing around at school), but I am old, and the more familiar I become with cannabis as a medicine, the more convinced I become of the value of a fully-activated endocannabinoid system. I want one!

Gry

Sounds more than sensible to me. I expect we will see more prophylactic use with the passage of time.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I too love smoking my herb, but I’m being pushed away from it by my lungs...even through water, and sometimes vapor is too much.

Part of my plan is to figure out how to make effective edibles. Lucky me, I love the taste of cannabutter...another thing that requires more herb than I can comfortably buy.

The loose board is that I’ve never had a for-sure edible experience...still, reason for edibles, as part of my first harvest will go into live-resin sufficient to give me a gram a day for thirty days. Yes, I’m going to take the cannabis cure, even though I have no cancer signs; I’m not even especially sick (although I caught some rotten bug the kids have been passing around at school), but I am old, and the more familiar I become with cannabis as a medicine, the more convinced I become of the value of a fully-activated endocannabinoid system. I want one!

smoking is more difficult for me too these days. but i enjoy the rich flavors of good weed. don't get that with THC oil extracts in vape pens, not in edibles either. it has been YEARS since my last bong hit, i'd like to keep my lungs in my chest.:) i reckon it is little one-hits for me from now on...:comfort:

redlaser

Veteran
I’m with Gry and believe that edibles in combo with smoking produce the ideal results. Not eating for at least two hours before ingestion and not eating for two hours after for maximum effect.

White Beard, I take one part concentrate and add it to two parts coconut oil add 10% approx lecithin and blend. ( decarbed concentrate).
I keep that mixture in the fridge to keep it workable, then weigh out what’s needed. Start at .2 grams and max out at maybe .5 gram per dose. .5 is almost too much, .2 quite manageable.