What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese fantasy watts

Superauto

Bought two Chinese LED-lamps last year and used it for seed production. One claimed to be 80 watts and the other 50 watts. When I unpacked them they looked just the same so I had no idea which was 80 and 50 watts. Anyway, used it for 4 female autoflower plants + 1 male and the result was seeds for a lifetime. This week I bought a watt meter and both lamps consumed the same, 32 watts. Seems like they just put a random wattage number just to sell, but for me I like to know the real wattage consumed to control the electricity bill and lower the risk for fire. Cheap Chinese LED's can be used for seed production, next grow I will try it for budding, can I hope for 1g per W?

BerrySeal

It is 80 watts max pulse at 440v and 80% thd.

Only legitimate companies are honest, giving continuous rms ratings at line voltage. Making money isn't about providing anything to most retailers, just about tricking people.