What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24/0 to bloom

Superauto

Is it possible to trick a photoperiod to bloom in summertime by first letting it grow inside 24/0 and then take it outside and make lots of stress trigger the blooming? Like drought stress, cold stress, hunger stress etc.
Going from 24 hours of light to 18 hours, or do they really need 12 hours of darkness to bloom no matter what?

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In Northern Cali, growers keep plants in veg outdoors during fall and winter by interrupting the night cycle with an hour of bright light. That suggests that plants pay more attention to the length of the night than to the day. So, I'm going to guess that it wont work.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it possible to trick a photoperiod to bloom in summertime by first letting it grow inside 24/0 and then take it outside and make lots of stress trigger the blooming? Like drought stress, cold stress, hunger stress etc.
Going from 24 hours of light to 18 hours, or do they really need 12 hours of darkness to bloom no matter what?

I'm pretty positive that a lack of water will cause flower to set and a continued watering of just enough to get through a day will keep a plant in flower.

Quite a few of my brothers plants went into flower pretty early in the year and they would get watered once he could see the plants visibly wilting (he is also blind so sees w his hands).