What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lyme disease

WelderDan

Veteran
OK, so my brother's girlfriend was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia some time back due to, well they couldn't really figure out what was causing the pain. So fibromyalgia was the diagnosis.

Anyway, she's been exhibiting some bizarre behavior, moody, etc. for some time now.

My family is kinda whack anyway, as my other brother is schizophrenic, so my mom and my brother bear the brunt of both of their shenanigans (I'm in another State).

Anyhow, after reading about Kris Kristofferson and Darryl Hall being diagnosed with Lyme disease, and comparing her symptoms with theirs, a bell kinda went off. So I told my brother to have her checked for Lyme disease. I mean what the hell, right? It can't hurt, and if I'm right, she at least knows what's up and has some treatment options that she didn't have before.

Well sonofabitch, they had her tested, and it's Lyme disease.

Now they have to figure out how long she's had it, and what the best treatment options are. I guess it depends on the person and how well they respond to a given treatment. But knowing is half the battle, and she can look forward to some relief once treatment starts.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
my sister spent a fortune 15 years ago on my niece with lymes...
bottom line.. hyperbaric chamber for a week in Canada.. done.. but took 4-5 years to get there because at that time most didn't even know it existed or it was diagnosed as something else.. GL

WelderDan

Veteran
That's the bitch of Lyme disease. The symptoms are common for a number of other things. Hell, Kris Kristofferson was first diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and then Alzheimer's. Poor bastard basically spent the last 10 years being treated for Alzheimer's. He was so out of it they thought his mind was gone. He hardly knew who he was. Then some doctor saw his muscle spasms, and decided to test him for Lyme disease. He's made an amazing recovery and has fully regained his mental facilities.

G

I am sorry for your familys bad news.
Earthclinic.com has a fairly thorough section on Lyme disease.
I really like the idea of the hyperbaric chamber...

M

mugenbao

It's been my experience that many (most?) doctors outright refuse to test for Lyme disease, so it's good to hear that at least your brother's gf can now move forward and get treatment.

Best of luck to her!

Max Headroom

Veteran
not sure if it will work but i remember that i watched a video on YT once of a guy who got rid of his lyme disease with japanese knotweed of all things. do a search on YT for lyme and knotweed if you wanna know more.