What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20 practical uses for coca cola

idiit

Veteran
To prove Coke does not belong in the human body, here are 20 practical ways you can use Coke as a domestic cleaner:

1. Removes grease stains from clothing and fabric
2. Removes rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil. Also loosens rusty bolts
3. Removes blood stains from clothing and fabric.
4. Cleans oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
5. Kills slugs and snails; the acids kills them.
6. Cleans burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
7. Descales a kettle (same method as with burnt pans)
8. Cleans car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
9. Cleans your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
10. Makes pennies shine; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
11. Cleans tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
12. Dissolves a tooth; Use a sealed container…takes a while but it does work.
13. Removes gum from hair; dip into a small bowl of Coke, leave a few minutes. Gum will wipe off.
14. Removes stains from vitreous china.
15. Got a dirty pool? Adding two 2-liter bottles of Coke clears up rust.
16. You can remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it.
17. Remove marker stains from carpet. Applying Coke, scrubbing and then clean with soapy water will remove marker stains.
18. Cleans a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
19. Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
20. Strips paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
Now can you imagine what is does to your stomach lining?

Furthermore, have you ever wondered what exactly Coca Cola is?

After 10 minutes: The sugar contained in a glass of Cola can cause a devastating “strike” on the body. The cause being the phosphoric acid which inhibits the action of sugar.
After 20 minutes: A leap in insulin levels in bloodstream occurs.
After 40 minutes: Ingestion of caffeine is finally completed. The eye’s pupils are expanding. Blood pressure rises because the liver disposes more sugar into the bloodstream. The adenosine receptors become blocked thereby preventing drowsiness.
After 45 minutes: The body raises production of the dopamine hormone, which stimulates the brain pleasure center. Similar to the reaction Heroin creates.
After 1 hour: Phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in the gastrointestinal tract, which supercharges metabolism. The release of calcium through urine takes place.
After more than 1 hour: Diuretic effects of the drink enters in “the game”. The calcium, magnesium, and zinc are removed out of the body, which are a part of our bones, as well as sodium. At this time, we can become irritable or subdued. The whole quantity of water, contained in a coca cola, is removed through urination.
When having a cold bottle of Coke and enjoying its undeniable freshness are we aware of what chemical “cocktail” we are putting into our bodies? The active ingredient in Coca-Cola is orthophosphoric acid. Due to its high acidity, cisterns used for transporting the chemical have to be equipped with special reservoirs designed for highly corrosive materials.
Now can you imagine what is does to your stomach lining?

Furthermore, have you ever wondered what exactly Coca Cola is?

After 10 minutes: The sugar contained in a glass of Cola can cause a devastating “strike” on the body. The cause being the phosphoric acid which inhibits the action of sugar.
After 20 minutes: A leap in insulin levels in bloodstream occurs.
After 40 minutes: Ingestion of caffeine is finally completed. The eye’s pupils are expanding. Blood pressure rises because the liver disposes more sugar into the bloodstream. The adenosine receptors become blocked thereby preventing drowsiness.
After 45 minutes: The body raises production of the dopamine hormone, which stimulates the brain pleasure center. Similar to the reaction Heroin creates.
After 1 hour: Phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in the gastrointestinal tract, which supercharges metabolism. The release of calcium through urine takes place.
After more than 1 hour: Diuretic effects of the drink enters in “the game”. The calcium, magnesium, and zinc are removed out of the body, which are a part of our bones, as well as sodium. At this time, we can become irritable or subdued. The whole quantity of water, contained in a coca cola, is removed through urination.
When having a cold bottle of Coke and enjoying its undeniable freshness are we aware of what chemical “cocktail” we are putting into our bodies? The active ingredient in Coca-Cola is orthophosphoric acid. Due to its high acidity, cisterns used for transporting the chemical have to be equipped with special reservoirs designed for highly corrosive materials.
https://www.intellihub.com/20-practical-uses-for-coka-cola/

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Endurance running. At every Ultra marathon I've ever competed in....I've found Coca Cola at all the aid stations.

Been guilty of swigging it down at times...when all else was failing and the sugar spike was needed to push on. It hits the system fast....especially when I've been faded out. Mix that with some gels...bam bam bam...feel the power blast

Pretty disgusting stuff...it'll tear your stomach apart. Nothing good about it.

I stopped using it. Straight out refuse it....even when I'm dying. Makes me sick just thinking about it

armedoldhippy

Veteran
great for cleaning bug-streaked windshields too. my dad used to keep a bottle under the seat of the cars/trucks just for that purpose...:)

Green Squall

Ever wonder what coke looks like when you boil it down? There's a few videos on youtube. It will make you think twice about ingesting that swill.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe Coca-Cola can reinvent itself as an industrial paint stripper?

Like most recreational drugs I have 'dabbled' in it at times, but am now old enough to know that Coca-Cola is not only VERY ADDICTIVE, but also COMPLETELY CAUSTIC to the human body.....and it's a complete disgrace that every bottle or can does not come with a government health warning.

B

Baron Greenback

It is utter filth, the one with the sugar replaced with aspartame especially. It's provenance is especially awful, poisoning of water supplies and so on.
The blame for the obesity crisis has been laid at the feet of soft drinks manufacturers - the whole free refill thing is making people lardy. I've had a bucket of sugar, keep 'em coming.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I notice drinking it isn't on the list :)

Fkin orrible stuff, I remember when I tried to drink it as a kid it gave me raging heartburn.

mr.brunch

Veteran
The wife likes it with the occasional vodka- although that's Pepsi..... Same meat different gravy, I suppose.
Bit of a coffee fiend myself- that, milk n water is about all I drink

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
A friend used to make a great BBQ Sauce with Coke:

1 6 pack of Coca-Cola
2 Bay Leaves
1 bottle Frank's Hotsauce.

Boil and reduce... one wicked BBQ rib sauce!

Max Headroom

Veteran
it's a perfectly designed drug.

here is how it works:

caffeine, besides being habit-forming, is a diuretic (makes you piss).
there is quite a bit of salt in coke (a lot of the sugar is in there to cover it up)
the caffeine makes you expel water, consequently the salt level in your body rises and guess what?
you get thirsty!

rinse and repeat.

it didn't become the most famous drink by accident.

mr.brunch

Veteran
The fact that it also contained a kick of cocaine for the first 30 years or so of production probably helped the famousness too....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

agreed, Coke isn't good for you, but you're gonna compare what it can clean and do as a guide for what should or shouldn't go in the body???

water would qualify in there somewhere.......

Betterhaff

Veteran
A friend used to make a great BBQ Sauce with Coke:

1 6 pack of Coca-Cola
2 Bay Leaves
1 bottle Frank's Hotsauce.

Boil and reduce... one wicked BBQ rib sauce!
A mix of Coke and Dr. Pepper works well too. A bit sweet and salty but very tasty. (Recommendation...don't salt the meat prior).

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
DILUTING MY RUM A BIT...yeehaw...cause that's the only time I drink PH DOWN...phosphoric acid/aka coca cola....