What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bruce Banner #3

TheMan13

Veteran
Nice job !!
Looks almost ready to cut.
When do you cut and have you ever cut early/how was it?

I'm aiming for nine weeks, so yes they're coming down shortly. I've only sampled BB3 harvested around 9 weeks over the years. I'd worry cutting her early would hinder potency and possibly give a racy effect.

TheMan13

Veteran
Bruce Banner #3 at 9 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mtntrogger

Veteran
63 is the magic number for max terp profile...trust me . Guy who passed me the cut gave me stern instructions, I have tried longer several times, did not enhance the overall buzz.

TheMan13

Veteran
I shut the lights off on day 63, but they took me more than a few days harvest. Definitely achieved outstanding flavor and potency, but fresh dry seemed a bit racy. I assume it will only get better with time in jars. All in all, I am pleased and Bruce Banner #3 has definitely earned a permanent spot in my garden ;-)~

BillFarthing

Veteran
After GSC and Gorilla Glue, everyone is trying to make hype for their strain of choice. People are paying other people not to grow or distribute it. The Bruce Banner variants seems to be the next one for the hype train.

You should pay for a lab report on it and post the results here to prove it's worth the hype.

TheMan13

Veteran
After GSC and Gorilla Glue, everyone is trying to make hype for their strain of choice. People are paying other people not to grow or distribute it. The Bruce Banner variants seems to be the next one for the hype train.

You should pay for a lab report on it and post the results here to prove it's worth the hype.

The two phenotypes of Bruce Banner (#3 & #5) have been around for nearly a decade now after originally being bred out of Colorado by the now defunct Delta 9 Caregivers in 2008. There is no lack of lab reports or proof of these strains worth, the "hype" has already been written into the history books IMHO.

high-times.jpg

I love it. I love BB3 and if there is anyway to get that BB5 cut, please point me in the right direction. The few Clubs I am able to get ahold of cannot seem to help.

mtntrogger

Veteran
The two phenotypes of Bruce Banner (#3 & #5) have been around for nearly a decade now after originally being bred out of Colorado by the now defunct Delta 9 Caregivers in 2008. There is no lack of lab reports or proof of these strains worth, the "hype" has already been written into the history books IMHO.

View Image[/QUOT

Straighten him out man ! BB3 was the shit way before cookies or glue. Great looking buds my man. Makes me proud as Banner fanatic, Round these parts my name and Banner are synonymous ! I got 1 seedling of a cross I made with the BB3 going now, looking great, and very Bruce like. I have hit her with several males, lots of seeds to play with. Also got seeds of the parents (male side) to play /bx with ( Strawberry D, and also kksc bx1).

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Let me tell you a little story....

You refd a thread by treetroit.....he got the cut thru me....

we both got a cut from the same source...

Treetroit admitted when the cut was in isolation it had too many short days...and began to flower.....I had no troubles like that with my cut....

Well I harvested recently and one of my patients fell in love with bb3...

I didnt smoke much myself.... she says she prefers it over GG4

My plant had a very captivating smell.... very floral.....

she said she loved the taste.....

Here is the kicker.... my plant and the buds are very distinctive.....

and really looks nothing like the bud you are holding....

If I were a betting man.....Im thinking I have banner.....

its certainly a keeper...

I currently have several in flower at about wk 5....

Well as it turns out the cut budley sourced is definitely not BB#3. Tested multiple times at an average of around 13% thc. Tested along with my regulars that hit mid/upper 20's.

I will say it is a flavorful cut whatever it is but not the BB#3.:tiphat:

TheMan13

Veteran
Well as it turns out the cut budley sourced is definitely not BB#3. Tested multiple times at an average of around 13% thc. Tested along with my regulars that hit mid/upper 20's.

I have seen some questionable BB3 cuts/flowers floating around southeastern MI of late. They lack the potency/density of the clone only, but oddly carry the very unique flavor of BB3 that you note. My guess is that someone had done a phenohunt of Dark Horse Genetics' Bruce Banner project (aka Bruce Banner 1.0) seeds and their pick is now being passed around the state as the original clone only BB3. I have seen similar lab results as yours from these beans over the years.

http://www.darkhorsegenetics.com/banner-1.0.html

Budley Doright

Veteran

Very interesting..... to me its still a keeper..... it has a wonderful smell and taste....

I respect your opinion and the tests...... I suspect its a relative of bb

IMO .....no issue with the density..... rock hard buds.....

I refer to it as sort of a ladies drink....... my female patients love it..... 13% or not

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
To be sure our cut is very nice. Great flavor and aroma. My patients like it a lot and there is certainly more to a flower than just thc percentage. Just figured I'd post my results here to clear up any confusion.

And to be sure, no hard feelings, the search continues...

Budley Doright

Veteran
To be sure our cut is very nice. Great flavor and aroma. My patients like it a lot and there is certainly more to a flower than just thc percentage. Just figured I'd post my results here to clear up any confusion.

And to be sure, no hard feelings, the search continues...

Let me say that the tres dog you gave me....might be my favorite(screw my patients...lol) in my garden......I wish it yielded just a bit more.....