What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 on the Chernozem - Panama, Zamaldelica, Thai, Nepal Jam, Sweet Tooth, Stardawg

yoss33

Veteran
Hi, people! :tiphat:

I'll use this thread as a diary for my outdoor grow this 2015 season. Anybody who has photos of the same strains, preferably grown outdoors, is more than welcome to share these photos here, so that we can compare the growing characteristics of different phenos.

I'm in the Balkans, at 44 degrees north, climate is semi-continental, semi-Mediterranean, season usually ends around the middle of November when the frosts come after a not very rainy autumn. Let's see what this year's weather will bring...
I started my seeds indoors on the 10th of March, I also have a few clones, and the plan is to transplant outdoors in the second half of April.

-----------------------------------------------
UPDATED: The grow in short

2 x Panama (by Cannabiogen) - 2 clones - one green pheno (#4) and one red pheno (#5); #4 was transplanted outdoors on the 15th of April; #5 was transplanted outdoors on the 23rd of April, harvested on the 13th of October; #4 harvested on the 21st of October
1 x Nepal Jam (by Cannabiogen) - small Nepal-pheno plant given by friend, transplanted outdoors on the 15th of April, harvested on the 28th of September
1 x Zamaldelica (by Ace Seeds) - 2 standard seeds started on the 10th of March; transplanted outdoors on the 23rd of April; both show female preflowers; Zam #2 is culled; Zam #1 harvested on the 21st of October
1 x Thai freebies (by Nirvana Seeds) - 5 standard seeds started on 10th of March, 3 germinated, #3 turned out male, #2 was given to a friend, #1 was transplanted outdoors on the 23rd of April; harvested on the 22nd of November
1 x Sweet Tooth #3 (by Spice of Life) - 1 clone received in March, transplanted outdoors on the 23rd of April, harvested on the 3rd of October
1 x Stardawg (by Top Dawg Seeds) - 1 clone received in March, transplanted outdoors on the 23rd of April, harvested on the 28th of September
1 x Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (OJD cut) - 1 clone received in April; transplanted outdoors on the 12th of May, harvested on the 3rd of October

yoss33

Veteran
The strains:

Those who've followed my previous grows know that I like sativas, the more pure, the better. My plan was to grow Nirvana/Sativa Seedbank's Eldorado, which supposedly is very inbred Oaxacan. I have very good memories of one Oaxacan-leaning Royal Flush (i.e. Eldorado / Jock Horror) pheno. But all I received from Nirvana's site for 73 euros was a pack of unknown freebie seeds. Bad experience which I will not repeat.

Charlie Garcia's Panama
Fortunately, a few months ago, a friend started an indoor grow of 37 feminized seeds of Charlie's Panama via Ace Seeds, bought in the end of 2013. We took clones of several promising plants - all of them vigorous, branchy and smelling. I grew one Panama plant in 2014 and wasn't very happy with its high - it was too dreamy and calm. It had a specific stem smell I describe as "organic rubber" (could be described as "incense" I guess). I had no intentions to grow other Panama plants because of the experience with this plant, but I changed my mind upon smelling the 37 Panama's - it turned out this "organic rubber" smell is not dominant and actually only 2 of the 37 ones have it so pronounced as in the plant I grew.... some have more hashy notes and in general, the stems smell more pleasantly citric. Some plants have very-appealing sweet fruit smells mixed with the citric. Attractive to the point you simply cannot stop sniffing your fingers. That's exactly how I remember the Oaxacan Royal Flush pheno smelled, which got me very excited that after all I'll grow something which is very close to the Mexican.
So we took clones of the very pleasant sweet smelling Panamas, as well as of the 2 plants that had the strongest hashy smell. Since my friend's plants are just starting to flower now, I cannot wait for them to finish and I already chose a clone to run outdoors - #4. It's one of the sweetest smelling clones, with superb branching and vigorous thick roots. It's among the paler in color and has minimal purpling on the stems, so it looks like a "green" Panama pheno.
Here it is, a day after being tranplanted in a pot from a 400 mL cup:
picture.php

I also keep 2 other Panama clones that I'll soon give to friends, one to be grown at a balcony, the other - indoors.

The second one (on the last photo) is the most smelly of all 37 plants - it smells very hashy/coffee, like a good indica.

yoss33

Veteran
Ace's Zamaldelica
The Zamal/Thai phenos of this hybrid are very interesting - strong and adrenaline-drenched but without (or is it very little) heart problems and anxiety/paranoia. I had 6 seeds left from the first standard version of Zamaldelica, and decided to try my luck with 2 of them. The first one to sprout has promisingly-thin leaves, hope it's a female. Here they are:

yoss33

Veteran
Nirvana's Thai freebies
All I received from my order from Nirvana was a 10-pack of standard unlabeled freebies. Upon investigating the forums, it turned out that all accounts for them were quite positive, and what's more interesting is that in all cases these freebies grew into very lanky sativas with leaves that look quite Thaish - very thin blades yet strong serration. The most lanky sativa I've seen from Nirvana was Haze 1, yet these freebies have slightly different structure and stronger leaf serration than Haze, so they are not Haze. I'll call them "Thai freebies". I like taking the risk with unknown seeds, reminds me of my bagseed days :)
I started 5 seeds, only 3 of them sprouted, and all 3 have some malformations - they all seem like infected by mosaic virus to different degree. #1 sprouted only a single leaf on its second node, #2 is very mosaic and #3 had very malformed first-set of leaves. I hope it's not really mosaic virus but some harmless mutation. Anyways, they are more vigorous than the 2 Zamaldelicas, and #1 has the most elongated first set of leaves I've seen.
Here they are:
#1 #2 #3

yoss33

Veteran
Charlie Garcia's Nepal Jam
The friend that's growing the feminized Panamas received many freebies from Ace and he started a few seeds of each strain to see what's what. He gave me 2 very small Nepal Jam and Tikal plants which had the same age as the Panamas but lagged 2 months of vegging behind them because of being eaten by rats. They were left with cotyledons only and it took them 2 months to sprout new growth from the cotyledons' node. The Tikal turned out male and the Nepal Jam - female.
I read good reviews of the Nepal Jam, I need it (as the indicas I'm going to grow) for medical purposes for a family member. And the reviews tell of a nice, calm effect, which sounds medically promising, if the potency is enough. We'll see. My NJ is columnar, with fat dark leaves, seems like Nepal dominated. It too had just been transplanted to a pot from a 400 mL cup.
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And here are the clones I received from an ICmag member of 2 indicas that I hope will work fine medically. 2 clones of Sweet Tooth #3, through a 15-year-old clone coming from Switzerland. And one clone of Stardawg selected by another forum member here.
The clones were infested with thrips when I received them 10 days ago, especially the Sweet Tooth, so it looks quite pale, but fortunately they survived. I'm waiting for them to root. My box is a bit cold (20-21*C) but I hope sooner or later they'll bring out the roots.

Carraxe

Veteran
Good luck man. Panama looks like a fantastic strain. I have some of them growing indoors. I spent some time in the Balkans years ago and I remember how many happy weed smokers I found there. Fantastic places, fantastic people, it is significant after all the shit that rained there. Best wishes :D

Koondense

Veteran
And so it begins:)
Good luck with the Panama selection and all the others, wish you a great season especially the late autumn weather.
I feel this will be one of the best IC outdoor threads this season;)

:plant grow:

Pragma

Gluck with your grow :D

Thrips are a fucking bitch around these parts arent they heh.
Its good theyre easy to kill.

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you for the nice words, people! :)

Pragma, yes, the Stardawg cut I got from Everlast is your #6, thanks :tiphat: Can you share your impressions from it? The clone smells, I don't have to rub it, just stick my nose in it and it smells hashy and sour, very promising! I was told it's a strong smoke, that's what is needed, I only hope it's a positive (not paranoid) type of smoke.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Nice line up..ur gonna be glad u gave Panama a go...one plant aint no judge..i got n heirloom panamared keeper so i just popped 100 hella ace gear Panama malawi backcongo tikal nepjam nephigh mangobich . st3 is far from indica in effect great nonetheless but the sd is heavy ko meds top notch indica...

Pragma

Thank you for the nice words, people! :)

Pragma, yes, the Stardawg cut I got from Everlast is your #6, thanks :tiphat: Can you share your impressions from it? The clone smells, I don't have to rub it, just stick my nose in it and it smells hashy and sour, very promising! I was told it's a strong smoke, that's what is needed, I only hope it's a positive (not paranoid) type of smoke.

Yep its strong. Not paranoid at all, atleast not for me. Very relaxed kinda stone. The flowers have a dank sour acidic kinda smell.. very chemmy. I think you will like it.

You might want to get your hands on #8 as well if you have the chance :)..

Can't wait to see her outdoors.

Gluck again :) I'll be keepin an eye.

MostlyMe

Veteran
My Panama had a nice citrussy smell. It's high was calm and dreamy as you describe, but cleaner than an indica. Relaxing yet functional - I call it my perfect indica :) Also a great sativa for people who don't like anxiety.

This one had reddish pistils btw.

Uchi Mata

Subbed for the Zamaldelica....

Mine had me reaching out to friends to fb chat the first time I smoked it because I felt physically uncomfortable being alone in the house with it. Tough to explain, but it's a FUN plant in a haunted house type of way.

yoss33

Veteran
Hi people!

The temperature has been a bit on the low side in my grow box for the last week - about 19*C, so progress is not as fast as possible, but still we are fitting in the schedule.

Panama:
picture.php

Zamaldelica #1 and #2, both of which seem on the Zamal/Thai side with thinner leaves. I compare to the photos of the 6 seedlings I had in 2013 from the same pack. That's great because I want to select a plant with minimal Malawi influence in the high.

yoss33

Veteran
Here are the Thai freebies, which are growing out of their deformities and are quite vigorous.

I recently saw (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6849010&postcount=1423) that Nirvana most probably reworked their Full Moon strain and now it looks much more lanky. Me and my friends grew 3 Full Moons in 2011 and it looked much chunkier (like a hybrid Thai x White Widow). Now they seem to have backcrossed it to the Thai parent and it looks just like Thai weed should look. Having read a comment by Nirvana's frontdesk that their freebies were from the best weed they had that year, I guess what I'm growing now is Full Moon, which I'm very happy about because I have very good impressions from it.

yoss33

Veteran
Nepal Jam:
picture.php

And Sweet Tooth #3:
picture.php

There was a mishap during transplanting the Stardawg clone to a pot and it lost its biggest root and now it's making roots and not growing again. I'll post a photo when it recovers and starts growing.

yoss33

Veteran
The temperature in the grow box continues to be around 19*C. All plants are fine though a bit slow to grow. I plan to transplant outdoors the Panama and Nepal Jam after a few days, they are big enough, day's length is growing and temperatures are rising.

Panama:
picture.php

I have another clone of Panama rooted, it's from a plant that's among the stinkiest of the the 37 ones at my friend's place. Dark thin leaves, medium height, some of the pistils are red-orange while still fresh. I'm very tempted to grow both a green and a red Panama plant, the greens are supposed to have more energetic effect, but the reds smell so dank that I can't resist. I've limited myself to growing only 3 sativa plants this year, due to security reasons, but maybe I'll transplant this Panama #5 somewhere in the bushes to have at least a little strong-smelling evening stash from it:
picture.php

Nepal Jam, which is having some pigmentation and deformation problems (mutations) on the leaves closest to the light, but is still healthy and perky:
picture.php

Sweet Tooth #3 is gaining momentum:
picture.php

Stardawg is resuming its growth after the torn-root mishap. I hope it will be a vigorous vegger as it is falling behind in size. It will be transplanted at a single spot in the bushes with the Nepal Jam and the Sweet Tooth, the 3 plants 20-30 centimetres away from each other.
picture.php