What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Puna Haze

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
wondering if you all have any info on this line ......?

got these from old friend ndnguy who always seems to come up with winners...........

appreciate any thoughts/facts....:tiphat:

ganj on..........

bigbag

Veteran
i have some of the from zoeronerer, but he spelled it puna hayes. it's an acclimitized hawaiian haze, i believe. imagine she's a long flowerer....

H

highsteppa

I think zoer's puna hayes has some of esbens early strains as part of its make up. Wonder if they are the same?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
thanks......I got these along w/ Ace's Purple Haze f3 and PH x Thai along with T.Hill's Haze for a small grow off......hopin' for a long Indian summer once again......

ganj on.............

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have some of the from zoeronerer, but he spelled it puna hayes. it's an acclimitized hawaiian haze, i believe. imagine she's a long flowerer....

If it's acclimitized to Hawaii then it probably wont flower too long as Hawaii has multiple short grow seasons as opposed to one long one.

JOJO420

Veteran
If it's acclimitized to Hawaii then it probably wont flower too long as Hawaii has multiple short grow seasons as opposed to one long one.
This is mis information, totally false. Hawaii has a definite "Long Season". If its a haze, and its from Puna, it will go long..
Now, since you don't know how long, it might be worth a shot because it still might finish in time for your season wherever you are. I would not however put in a whole garden of this haze cause it might not work out. Man, what a conundrum..
About the strain itself, I live in Puna, and there are a bunch of different Hazes. There is no one "Puna Haze'. Chances are it was grown here and that's the reason for the Puna in its name..
I wish you luck, and may the force be with you :)

TheFlyinHaWyn!

alright brother, good to see you trying out some Hawaii named strains again :) incidentally i am running some beans you made last season. i got them from braddah seakay. ;) i haven't heard of the puna haze, but it doesn't surprise me that something like that would be out there. there is so much different stuff out in puna, you never know what you are gonna get. good luck bro, you take care and aloha

puna boy

Thats was sup, jojo and the hawaiian are correct. It would be hard to put a real pedigree behind it. More so if it came out of hawaii during the 70s and 80s. as hawaii was cash croppers. And breeding was no science. Alot would breed whattever they could get their hands on. just to have seeds for their next crop.

Their were only a few that really worked or developed strains. And even those were harder to get. These were usually kept close and held tight by that grower.

Puna haze if it came from here, as mentioned hawaii was a melting pot of strains. We had almost every type known to man at the time. Regaurdless of what people may say we had alot. And cause of the way breedings were not a serious practice back in those days. It just one type of variety of the haze from puna. And for sure is a hibred that has some indica in it. As most hawaiian strains do.

There are only 2 growers that i knew of that were close family friends, that really worked what they had. To have something special. One grower on maui and one on big island. During that time tons of people grew. So to only know of 2 people, shows how few true breeders there was.

For sure work tha gem you have, and have fun bra!

M

MrSterling

Mr. Nectar that's a lot of Haze! Good luck in your grow; I hope you'll keep us posted.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
much thanks for the replys folks..........

no doubt these PH have some indica from the looks of the five I have going.....one looks very much Haze like and one very indica like...the rest combo's .......

good hearing from ya TFH...also have KW goin' from CK2..lookin' for the rank .....
and hopin' something from my chuckin' will do ya good.....they untested as of yet.....

much thanks puna boy for the info.......always appreciative to hear the real deal from the source........

yes Sterling only 5 of each to look at, but w/all else I got to tend it's pushing it.....will do my best to keep ya informed........

ganj on.................

Buddle

Veteran
Huh..I have a few of Zoes Puna Haze going as well.Theyh are pretty Haze looking so far..Thx Zoe

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
not fer sure if zoer's stock or....?..as haven't heard from ndnguy in many moons.......anyone else.....?

ganj on.....

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
well folks lost lots of sat from late freeze at higher elevation over Memorial weekend......so brought back down to 2500'.... still got a very nice PH f3 and THH along with niiice Puna Haze.......after some close observations of the Puna they all ended up very much the same.....slower to get established with a finer root system, but very close internodes and bushy/branchy structure.....

hopin' to hit up with bodhi's BSHB sat pheno male....

hope alls well with your gardens......

ganj on...............

Buddle

Veteran
Hi Mtn Nectar..I haven't heard from Ndnguy in ages.I have written him but didn't hear back.i hope everything is good with him and his family. We used to be fairly close..I miss him :( and you are right..he always had killer genetics and was very generous.

JOJO420

Veteran
Here is some Haze and its grown in Puna, so I guess that makes these Puna Haze.
Not really, I know the difference,LOL Enjoy the pics anyway of some Puna Hawaii Haze.

JOJO420

Veteran
Pics

Attachments

• latest 244.jpg
    latest 244.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
  • latest 200.jpg
    latest 200.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 13
  • latest 016.jpg
    latest 016.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 14
  • latest 195.jpg
    latest 195.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 9
  • latest 223.jpg
    latest 223.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 12

vapor

Veteran
I can post some dry nug pics, as they come. Here is pheno 4. There are maybe 5 or 6 or so. This is real nice herb keepers for sure. Some are medusa like and others hard nugs. Both have similar profiles but a bit different each, in smell/flav, everything so far has had a good high. All in all very good work who ever did this one...I will keep her to grow for ever and ever amen....

Attachments

• ph4.jpg
    ph4.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 27

bigbag

Veteran
^ sweet ! I popped 10 a month ago and they all look real haze like and multi pheno's but all exotic looking/smelling. @ vapor, what was the flowering times...? cray said one was tested over 20%