What's new

whats causes purple stems??

cheebman

my clones which are in 24/0 and my flowering girl both have deep purple stems.. they havent always had them. whats going on?
here a pic of my girl that is flowering. u can see the puple stems on the fan leaves stems

Might be a magnessium deficency. I get it alot .Try some epsoms salt at 1tsp per gal of water.The purple wont go away but the new growth wont have it.

Consider that a deficiency could be caused by too much of something else as opposed to a lack of something. So be wary of any recommendation to simply add more of whatever.

For example, I've seen an imbalance of N (too much) which locked out K. This was exhibited by red color running down the center vein of leaves. My solution may be different than what you need hence I do not promote a remedy. That should be your decision based on careful evaluation. Searching and learning more about common nutrient antagonisms may be helpful.

However, if you merely have red petioles and the red color does not continue down the center vein of each leaf, then I would "ask your plant" for more information. It could be a genetic trait, of course, if otherwise healthy. Any other signs of a problem?

good luck!
Sat

Latest posts

Latest posts