What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just supercropped, wonder if i did it right

pmsskg

Tell me what you think and if I have done it right, did the bends about 3 hours ago and have not returned upright

my question is should I do the other nodes as well, and how long to wait after supercropping if your ready to put into flowering?

Looks like you did a fine job. You may have to bend it down a couple more times to get it to stay down. That is normal. I would wait a couple of days to let the stem heal before flowering. If the side shoots are above the canopy then bend them over to level it out.

Boondocks

Looks from here like you did a good job on cropping answer to your question if you should crop the other nodes depends on your requirements, size of the grow area height, width, or number of plants, the more your crop the bushier the plant will be
also like floro said wait a few days i usually wait a week after i crop to throw into flower let the plant regain its strength

s0cK3y3

Thanks for posting these pics. I am gearing up to supercrop some plants in veg and have never done it, only in flowering. Keep posting pictures of it so we can see it bounce back?? thanks in advance bro

pmsskg

thanks guys that is my first super crop ever, came home from work today lol they are up right bout to pop them back down.

pmsskg

k all the branches have been super cropped. The advanced picture looks odd and I will explain why, I will update as the days go on! BTW thanks for the pointers on atleast letting it heal. To me I dont realize the recovery factor; that is proboly my most flawful thing to do with a green thumb.

well my friend comes over and

I said help me supercrop this more so he goes and actually breaks the limbs!!!!
Man did I get mad I was like WHAT THE **** MAN!!, He went off all scientifical; he said he broke them at a 60% break 40% remaining ratio. The plant will heal he tells me, especially since I use one thing, its a humidity factor. I keep a normal plastic drinking cup full of water at all times. When it goes down i fill the remainder. I dont know I think my friend has ordered to many spore syringes cause he is wacked. Plz tell me if you have ever heard of a thing such of this degree?

R

Relik

Although your friend went a bit far, the plant will heal. Usually supercropping simply requires softening the stem until you feel it snap on the inside, then soften it a bit more to get it down to the height that suits you. Breaking the stem open is unnecessary but can happen when stems are thick/"veiny".

Something to remember when supercropping/LSTing, is that a thirsty plant will break less easily than a watered plant. Ever noticed how floppy thirsty plants can get?

Peace

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
chicagobender said:
if I were you, I would stand those back up and put a splint on it.

If all the stems are broken like that, I wouldn't think it could repair itself that much without a long recovery time but I don't really know much about suppercropping. :confused:

I tie mine down, I couldn't imagine trying to twist and bend or break my stems to fall over like that. :nono:
they'll repair fairly fast n/p ive had them almost break off ive inspected at lights on to find some branchs supercroped themselves because of heavy tops

main reason for doing this method is because ppl run outta height space pluss this helps to just fatten them buds up 15-20% more

very nice job idea is to gently crush the inner main stem so you can bend the branch over, few hrs the top will be growing back upwards again i will some times do this 2 or 3 times if needed.
28215DSCF0760.JPG

little extream but should prove n/p
28215DSCF0763.JPG

Last edited:

Kongaxul

I would grow single cola at a previous house. Ran 2 1000 watts on track and covered 10 by 21 feet. I had to rotate the plants to use the secondary light which means I had to keep them short. I would put the clones into flowering at 5 inchs. I would twist the bottom of the stem to thicken it up. Give them a few days to heal before you do it again. I would only do it until the hairs came out. The plants would finish at 12 inches with a single cola starting two inches from the soil. Not only do shorter plants flower faster they are easier to trim with single colas. The bottom stem would be the size of my thumb. In a one gallon when the soil is fairly dry I would lift them by the stem and play dj. Spinning the pot gently one way then the other. Back and forth to loosed the stem. Cracking is not the best and will split the stem. You can heal it with dental floss though keep an eye on it as it will grow into the stem.

There is another method. When the top leaves begin to emerge. When they are only a mm or two long, cut the leaf off. This compacts the nodes and reduces the height. On some clones I would do this until I had ten nodes in under a centimeter. I would give them a week to start growing before going into flower.

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
this grape krush was supercropped 3 times to keep the main top down yield was
oz and a half

if i dont SC i average 1-1 1/4 oz on the grape krush