What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eating small ammounts of dried flower.?

lovehaze

Thoughts opinions? It was a habit of mine back in the day smoke a bowl then pinch some fresh and eat it. Good idea?...Bad idea? You hear a lot about cooking it but what about eating the oil straight with some plant matter?

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been pressing rosin from flower and eating an oil suspension made from it. I dissolve 1.5 grams of rosin in 15 ml. of coconut oil. Got lots of friends and family on it too, people love it. I've been setting the plates at 165f, which probably means the rosin is un-decarboxylated. One friend drops 5-6 drops into a cookie and says it gets him pretty baked, so to speak, so I guess cooking the drops ups the potency. Another friend said he thinks his drops got more potent from carrying around in his shirt pocket, so maybe it doesn't take much heat. In any case, rosin is great for eating!

CowboyTed

Thoughts opinions? It was a habit of mine back in the day smoke a bowl then pinch some fresh and eat it. Good idea?...Bad idea? You hear a lot about cooking it but what about eating the oil straight with some plant matter?

I eat dried bud all the time, but I toast it first to activate the THC. (ten minutes at 300 degrees F) Toasting it also makes it crunchy, which is sometimes a nice addition to food. My typical practice is to simply grind a toasted bud, and sprinkle it on ice cream. I also blend them into smoothies.

Everyone will be different, I suspect, where tolerance is concerned, but for me, I can smoke or eat the same bud, and experience a similar high. If I eat it, the high takes longer to get here, and lasts muuuuuuch longer.

CowboyTed

I've been pressing rosin from flower and eating an oil suspension made from it. I dissolve 1.5 grams of rosin in 15 ml. of coconut oil. Got lots of friends and family on it too, people love it. I've been setting the plates at 165f, which probably means the rosin is un-decarboxylated.

Thanks for the recipe!

Are you the same Mr Greengenes I subscribe to on youtube?

Latest posts

Latest posts