What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heres something you dont see every day...

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
In my time of growing I have never seen this happen. A few plants (maybe 3 out of 80) started showing the purpling/yellowing around the 3rd week of flower. Its in isolated areas, such as a single branch tip is affected, everything else is perfectly fine on all the other plants. At first i thought it may be from mold forming in the buds, but the crop is almost done now, and theres no signs of mold on the affected pieces.... The whole crop is in decent health if you wanna check my sig.

Can someone who knows what they are talking about please chime in on this? Thanks.

mr. gt

whats your ph? did nutes change? have you ran her before? Possibly genetic ,but higher probability if it was a nute/water or root issue. Are all 80 the same cut/clone?

please more info for ones that could help more

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
All the same cut. Ive had her for almost 10 years.

Plants are in 5gal coco.
The nutrient runoff has stayed between 1.2-1.5ec.
The direct soil reading ranged from 0.6-1.0 ec @ full saturation.
Samples (50ml) from runoff using r/o water ranged from 1.2-1.7ec depending on stage of growth.
Slurry tests revealed similar results as direct soil readings.
Ph stays between 6.0 and 6.4 in when checked using r/o to achieve slight runoff shortly after feeding.
The regular nutrient solution runoff ph is ranged from 5.9-6.2ph.

I measure ph/ec using several methods to give me a well rounded idea of whats going on.

I feel like this problem is caused by some sort of root pathogen. I use a lot of organic substances in my drip system. I only feed about every other day, or every 3 days. I have a theory that the organic stuff sits, and rots in the drip lines until the next feeding. Then when the system is pressured, it pushes all that anerobic bacteria into the rootzone. Theres definately a funky smell coming out of the drip lines when the system is being pressured up. Im not saying this is the culprit, but i would like to know what other think about the possibility of this happening?

vostok

Veteran
Have you a fan ..blowing close on this piece of the plant?
as it then it will reduce the plants internal temp,
causing lock out and this?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Please dont respond unless you have some legitimate input please. This is not caused by ph.

Im chalking it up to some form of mutation/variegation.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I was just trying to help... And if you look in the coco thread, you will see few people run as high a pH as yours. Sorry guy

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Re-read his posts, he differentiates between substrate pH and nutrient solution.

Edit: Hah, eat my own words. It was nutrient solution run-off.

Interested to see how this one goes.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I apologize Bob. I was in a bad mood, i shouldnt have taken it out on you. Im just trying to get past the knit pickers taking a wing at it, and instead, have someone that has seen this or something like this give input.

Weed grows just fine in coco with those ph ranges i posted. If you dont believe me, check out the top link in my sig. Quite often you will find that the true ph of your coco is actually much higher than you thought. The more buffering capacity is filled up, the higher the true ph will be, regardless of what your nute solution ph is. Also, i purposely feed at higher ph in later flowering. A lot of people do. Especially with sativas.;) Also, most sources recommend having a ph range n coco between 5.8 and 6.5 ish. Im right in between them...

Latest posts

Latest posts