What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Certain I have root rot! Anyone have any advice on how to pull through?

Manondamoon420

My reservoir temp is always between 68-72 degrees. And pH 5.8-6.2. Running Oxygen Pots, an ebb and Flo system. I'm using Mills Nutrients, Some Cal Mag, hygrozyme, photo +, and protekt silica. I am also running a different strain on a different reservoir and they look completely healthy. Clearly root rot has infected the other system. Love to know the best remedies anyone has used. Went out and got Hydroguard and added to the regimen but wasn't sure if I should just flush the medium with hydroguard and no added nutes. Just RO and ph'd? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

My reservoir temp is always between 68-72 degrees. And pH 5.8-6.2. Running Oxygen Pots, an ebb and Flo system. I'm using Mills Nutrients, Some Cal Mag, hygrozyme, photo +, and protekt silica. I am also running a different strain on a different reservoir and they look completely healthy. Clearly root rot has infected the other system. Love to know the best remedies anyone has used. Went out and got Hydroguard and added to the regimen but wasn't sure if I should just flush the medium with hydroguard and no added nutes. Just RO and ph'd? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Had a touch of it starting in a 5Gal bubble bucket, running GH Bloom and Flora (lucas formula) with 1ml/L Calmagic

temps never cross 70 in my setup but there it was. Picked up some Physian 20 and added it at literally 1 drop per bucket. now run it at 1/2ml per 5 gal feed and have had nothing but pure white roots since.

bron2k

Hey manon, guarantee it's the hygrozyme. There's been many threads about root rot or the slime and it was cuz of the hygrozyme. I've done many strains over the years and some strains are just more prone to root rot. That's probably why you're getting it with one strain and not the other. But definitely get rid of the hygrozyme. Good luck bro!

mr. gt

^^^ I was just going to say stop using the hygrozyme and use h202 (hydrogen peroxide). I used hygrozyme myself and got root rot/slime.

look up h202 on here for dosage/gallon water

Manondamoon420

Thanks everyone! Out with the hygrozyme. I have always been suspicious about the stuff in recirculating systems. Makes everything so scuzzy. Might try hydroguard, pretty inexpensive and heard can do the trick

growteam

Heizenberg tea if you want good bacteria.

Otherwise bleach it 0.5ml per gallon. Run it sterile. No problems.

Meison

Heizenberg tea if you want good bacteria.

Otherwise bleach it 0.5ml per gallon. Run it sterile. No problems.

learn your stuff right please, richy rich's made that tea back in 09 in this forum after doing heavy metal research during 2+ years... and that heizenberg stole his recipe (free in this forum) and claimed his own

btw, tea is the best! Otherwise use 1ml of regular bleach every 60Gal, like snype uses. Over 2ppm it won't be any good

growteam

learn your stuff right please, richy rich's made that tea back in 09 in this forum after doing heavy metal research during 2+ years... and that heizenberg stole his recipe (free in this forum) and claimed his own

btw, tea is the best! Otherwise use 1ml of regular bleach every 60Gal, like snype uses. Over 2ppm it won't be any good

Heizenberg stole the tea?! get out! I used to love that tea. So its Richy Rich tea? Dam. Im shocked.

Why isnt over 2ppm of chlorine good? Ive read people using 4ppm to fight an active root rot problem. Fatman used to use 2-4ppm.

Meison

Heizenberg stole the tea?! get out! I used to love that tea. So its Richy Rich tea? Dam. Im shocked.

Why isnt over 2ppm of chlorine good? Ive read people using 4ppm to fight an active root rot problem. Fatman used to use 2-4ppm.

Please refer to Snype RDWC thread, its been discussed non stop. Also the use of H2o2 in 29% and 35%, its great thread for info, kinda long

Plants take up chlorine, so excess is bad. Is better to stick to 1-2 ppm and add back chlorine every 5-7 days, works great!

Latest posts

Latest posts