What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I am buying a house!But its within 1,000 yards of a school

Goingindoors

Markets down, and I am basically buying my dream house, but its within 1,000 yards of an elementary. I was planning on growing in my garage with 5KW, I live in California and was worried about Infrared from helicopters seeing my grow..Should I be?

:thank you:

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Check Norml's website for applicable laws. I am pretty sure CA. does have the whole school thing. And from what I am told, you have more to worry about people seeing or smelling your grow than a random fly by and FLIR picking it up.

I don't think it will stand up in court if they just pick it up randomly without some sort of warrant or evidence prior to them doing a fly over.

but I am sure people from CA. can be much more than of a help.

And if you are in CA. Why not go legal..than you really have nothing to worry about.

superbolan

Your lucky enough to live in a state where you can grow and you couldn't pick out a house that isn't in one of the forbidden areas?? Be responsible

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
The gov is gonna own said dream house if you grow there and get caught.

Either buy the house and don't grow or keep on lookin.

idk why you even asked this question, its pretty straight forward.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
The pleasure and the pain!!!

Happened to me too.I guess I was grandfatherd in, when they first started that shit.
Stupid law passes,and one day I woke up being in the zone by a couple of yards!

SD:tiphat:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't do it dude!

Location, location, location, location, location, location!

:yeahthats

R

Rysam

a thousand yards is still 2000 feet in the good zone.

You only need to be 1000 feet from a school, not yards.

Dont push it though, the fuzz has a variable tape measure that only works in their favor.

..and dont worry about infrared ..this state is so fucking broke do you think they randomly send up expensive helos on a maybe mission? I guarantee beyond a fiber of my being that your 5k is small potatoes and there are far larger growers without their tinfoil hats on. If they are over your house, you're busted anyways..they already know and are providing surveillance for the ground guys.

Red Fang

Veteran
I wouldn't do it, you can't find a house away from a school?

And starting a thread with "So", that sounds SO yummybuddish! He started every thread with the word SO I think!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i thought it was 1000ft from a school?

and if you really have your heart set on this *cough* unsmart *cough* buy,
at least you have a whole building full of potential custies 1000 yds from you :D

Dankgravy

It is 1000ft. And there is no way to "go legal" in CA. Even if you have all your bases covered on the legal aspect, all that means is that after everything is confiscated, after they have taken you to court, after all the lawyer fees etc., you will walk free with nothing.. But don't let anyone fool you into thinking they aren't going to take everything and put you through the wringer

That doesn't take into account the effect it has on your personal life. I'm sure your day to day job will love to hear you got caught growing weed..

That applies for pretty much anything over 6/12, but the higher you go above that the more you are risking.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i wouldnt do it....theres PLENTY of houses on the market, just be patient. i found what i thoght was my "dream house" and it was 1000ft from a school, ended up passing on it, and what do you know, a much better house with a MUCH better view came up on the market a few weeks later for cheaper!

think of things this way, your are a district attorney or prosecutor for your local court. you have a dozen marijuana grow house cases come across your desk every month...you go through the files and boom up comes one close to a school, its gonna be much easier to prosecute and convict that. more importantly, the fines/penalties are worse so they will for sure use the 1000ft penalty to get better leverage for a plea deal....DONT GIVE THEM THAT LEVERAGE! find another house man...or blow up the school..

picture.php

rogerw

Markets down, and I am basically buying my dream house, but its within 1,000 yards of an elementary. I was planning on growing in my garage with 5KW, I live in California and was worried about Infrared from helicopters seeing my grow..Should I be?

:thank you:

I think it's feet not yds? you would be 3000 ft if it was yds

Kuroth

Dumb queston but how do you know if your house is 1,000 feet within a school??? I am sure people would look at me strange if I tried to measue it..

O

OrganicOzarks

Go buy one of the wheel measuring tapes. They sell them at Harbor Freight. Then roll it from the edge of your property to the edge of where you think the school property starts. Then don't buy the house. You can go and measure it, but it is not worth the risk.