What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

500 grow bags @ 44N 2011

5th

Veteran
Howdy folks,

Its 500, 3gal. grow bags, over the summer, at 44N. It's going to be an interesting grow for me as anything outdoor's for me has always been a backyard grow where everything is monitered. This is taking place in the middle of goddamned nowheresville.

The first plot was started yesterday, unless something goes wrong (...ha..ok when something goes wrong) the plan is to continue to put out plants weekly until its to late in the season to do so.

This may or may not be a perpetual grow as I'll be staggering the grow to suit my needs. I'll be growing sativa's n' indy's all from clone. I'll be changing up and trying different things with soil. (so suggestions of course are always welcome)...ha...I keep forgetting to shut up n' start with the pics...

*As soon as I stop buying grow gear I'll get a better camera...promise..

Last edited:

5th

Veteran
Plot 1

Plot 1

Everything's onsite about to get set up.

This plot will be running Fast Pine.

I read here about using fishing line as a deer deterent...so I strung some up to try it.

...I left 3 clones on the deck...cuz I'm an idiot...so there is only 27 at this location.

cliffy

3 gal. bags are really small to put a plant in for the entire summer. Before you know it, it'll be root bound and suck up water REALLY quick. Better hope it rains like every other day otherwise you'll be hauling 5 gal. buckets of water a few times a week.

Canada

i belive 3 gal grow bags should be used like mid july . you should try and get some 7-20 gal pots from a nurssary there alot more durable and can get used pots usally for free form the garden centres or landscaping companys .

ijim

You need at least 8 hours of full direct sun a day. Even if you can get out and water regularly with the stress the restrictions of the three gallon bags cause you will have a good chance of being in hermaphrodite hell by fall. Usually an open spot in the woods is open because of lack of sun, poor soil, critters grazing or bedding down there. It is just my personal opinion that some of that energy spent hauling bags and water would be better spent digging holes at or near the tree line where there is an abundance of other vegetation already growing.

5th

Veteran
@SchweppesG, Nope their staying right there. In the last pic the sun is setting in the west. So I wanted the trees on the background.

@cliffy, I'm hoping they aren't out there all season. While hardening them off I changed their light cycle from 24hrs to 14 on 10 off hoping to induce flowering.

@Canada, I see where your coming from...but if the clones are flowering like I'm hoping for...3 gal bags are more then big enough.

@ijim, I've plots that receive 6 hours of direct light, others that get twelve. I like the smoke from the pine. I just want to try a few different soil/light combo's to see whats achievable with this strain under different conditions.

Thanks for checking in guys. :)

My areas are on the side and the top of a small mountain. After testing the ph in the native soil grow bags were the way to go. I'll put up a few more pics of future plots so you guys get a better understanding of what I have to work with.

5th

Veteran
Plots 2&3

Plots 2&3

This is where I'll be putting 33 fast pines next week. Inbetween the brambles. I want to use a heavy vermiculite mix as I was going to scrape about an inch of existing ...soil?...so the roots have a constant supply of water hopefully reducing trips with water.

I bought chest waders specifically for this spot. Its a small island surrounded by standing water. Nice n' dry suprisingly enough.

I'da had more pics of those two...but figured I'd takem when I stuck the plants out there.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice one 5th,

will be tagging along with this, looks like you ave quite a big project planned. my first though on the first pics was also that you might not have enough light there. did some similar looking spots myself last year and the outcome was hardly worth it. but you know best how it is. i do think choosing the most open spots will be the most worth it. but what ever, looking forward to see how things go.

good growings :wave:

rogerw

nice looking swamp. Should give you a endless supply of water just keep a eye on the ph if the water is coming from a peat bog. I did what your doing for years in northern Minnesota. The only problem I had was keeping the ph right. Best of growing and luck.

SchweppesG

Honestly dude, you need more sun. Put all of them in the yellow flowers patch. It's a good spot...better than deep forest spot.

good luck tho. it's look good so far.

5th

Veteran
@ SchweppesG...honestly dude...its a few plants...fuckem' See the pic of the island....the tree coverage is the same...when I get back out there I'll snap a pic of east to west n' it'll all make sence.

There it is again dude.

K it's been hot as fuck lately and I'm slacking hard....

damn things are growing way to fast...(yeah I know...its a good thing) They shoulda been put out two days ago...

Cracked some seeds (check link in sig)

Cut this bitch up pretty good. I've a 99% strike rate with peat pucks...

Thats 100 on the right, sativas. Bagseed I call Plan "B" It's good shit. Left is just filled with some things ready to go out...on top of the things ready to go out...ffs...

The Boys

fast pine

fast pine

where did u get the fast pine from ? i read about it years ago but cant remember where.

P

powerrobbie

Toronto 420 seed bank sells it, I've grown it and was not impressed with the potency or taste at all.

5th

Veteran
I like both the potency and the taste. I've a skunk pheno and a lemon pheno...like 'em both the same. Theres a few shops in the T dot that sell 'em.

5th

Veteran
Plot 2

Plot 2

Light isn't an issue.

Theres plot 2 with 20 lady's enjoying the weather.

Went to check up on plot 1 and I was pissed and pleased at the same time.

Tree's that were dead seemed to have come to life in two weeks. They get sun...but nowhere near what I was hoping for. All will be moved next Monday...or sooner... to a spot thats clear...after I fall a fuckin' tree...pics to follow...

5th

Veteran
June???? Your fucking kidding me....update tomorrow.....don't get all fucking worked up though. It's only about 150 bags. I was really fucking busy this summer.

Latest posts

Latest posts