What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gas or electric in residential area

I always hear about cops checking high electric use but what about gas?

was thinking about a natural gas generator but i'm not sure if it's worth it yet, based on efficiency and security.

they seem to be quieter and cleaner than diesel generators, at least the ones Ive looked at anyways.

perhaps you could run half the grow on electric and half generator..

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I think that if you were running enough Gas to power a grow room of any noticeable size, the consumption for that would be noticeable

probably one of the least "green" ways I can think of to have a grow operating

rogerw

If you are going to run a generator the best way is to get a bunch of of golf cart batteries and a inverter with a auto starter for the generator . That way you are getting every $ you put into generating all of this power. I am going to have 1 as a back up for power and just in case shit happens. Also look into solar if you live where it's doable . In many places they can read your power meter from the office and tell right to the second when you use your power . popo loves that. So if you are serious look at the northern hyrdrolic [sp] mag they have all of that stuff . But it will cost you 20k minimum to set up right.

Latest posts

Latest posts