What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Electricity use?

crsaz

Ok right now I have about 2.7kw of lights running for my home business(not growing related and completely legal and sitting in my spare den/livingroom) I will also be starting a small personal grow with about 800w total. Should I be concerned about looking suspicious to the electric company? 3.5kw all running in a 12hr period(of peak hours and elec. is only like $0.02/kwhr)

I

Iron_Lion

power companies are watching, I got a letter not long ago saying I use 85% more pwr then other homes my size in my area and I only run 1K worth or lighting.

A

ak-51

power companies are watching, I got a letter not long ago saying I use 85% more pwr then other homes my size in my area and I only run 1K worth or lighting.
What was the purpose of the letter, to tell you "Thank you for buying a lot of our product!"? No but seriously, what was the pretense of telling you that?

I

Iron_Lion

What was the purpose of the letter, to tell you "Thank you for buying a lot of our product!"? No but seriously, what was the pretense of telling you that?

it was about conservation.

Last edited:

sci-fi

I logged onto my powers company website and was looking at a power usage graph. You can actually see the graph rise and fall every 90 days over the years. Not good :(

crsaz

then I guess Im good, and the fact the my grow will be propetual thus consuming the same amount of power continually is also helpful.

High74

Executive Branch Genetics
Veteran
NO WAY JOSE,
honest to god the only way you get busted is by telling your friends or a smell coming from youre house. But that amount of power is no need for concern. Hope this helps

SMOKE-ONE

I AGREE THAT AMOUNT OF POWER IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BUT I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THERE ONLY BEING TWO WAYS TO GET BUSTED.I THINK THERE ARE PLENTY OF WAYS TO GET BUSTED BESIDES TELLING YOUR FRIENDS OR SMELL COMING FROM YOUR HOUSE.ITS JUST LIKE MURPHY'S LAW(ANYTHING THAT CAN GO WRONG,MIGHT FUCKING GO WRONG)A PERSON COULD HAVE A FIRE,A TORNADO COULD HAVE ALL YOUR PLANTS AND EQUIPMENT SITTIN RIGHT IN THE FRONT YARD,U COULD BE A LAME AND DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR TO A GROW STORE THATS STAKED OUT BY LEO.I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT A STORE IN MY AREA WAS BEING STAKED OUT BY LEO A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.AND THINK ABOUT THE FAMILY THAT WAS RAIDED BECAUSE OF THERE ENERGY CONSUMPTION ALONE,AND IT TURNED OUT THEY WERE ONLY DOING LAUNDRY.SO ITS MY OPINION THAT NO MATTER HOW CAREFUL U THINK U ARE THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE OF GETTING BUSTED.BUT THEN AGAIN I DO AGREE THERE ARE TWO MAIN WAYS OF GETTING BUSTED.BEING SLOPPY AND CARELESS AND GETIING BUSTED FOR IT,AND BEING VERY CAREFULL FOLLOWING ALL THE "GROWING GOLDEN RULES" AND HAVING A FREAK ACCIDENT THAT LEADS TO AN INVESTIGATION OR BUST.JUST PLEASE DONT BE NAIVE.YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING RIGHT (EVEN IN A MED STATE)AND STILL RUN THE RISK OF A BUST.THERE IS STILL A WAR ON DRUGS.AND WE ARE THE ENEMY COMBATANTS.SO EVERYONE PLEASE BE VERY SAFE, VERY CAREFUL AND TRY NOT TO BECOME A PRISONER OF WAR.PEACE:Bolt:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I logged onto my powers company website and was looking at a power usage graph. You can actually see the graph rise and fall every 90 days over the years. Not good :(

Go perpetual and run dual flower rooms on opposite 12 hours cycles, then your use will be high as shit but 100% steady.

To the OP. $.02kwh? Really, me thinks not. But if so you should be running 10K flower rooms x 2 and 5K+ in veg.

:joint:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
To the OP. $.02kwh? Really, me thinks not. But if so you should be running 10K flower rooms x 2 and 5K+ in veg.

:joint:

Same thoughts here. 2 cents/kwh? Stuff em in back, behind your induction metal forging shop.
:blowbubbles:

DasFox

Attachments

• caps-lock.jpg
    caps-lock.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 12

hippydan

typo, should have read $0.042, 0.04216 to be exact, soon to be almost free. Going solar this may:jump:

That's still super cheap, I used to live in the woods only a few miles from a hydro dam and we were still paying .11/kwh.

OhighO

I only pay around .09 cents per kwh some of you guys power is crazy expensive.

Ive always been told it is pretty safe to use 1k watts per number of bedrooms in the house. So a 4 bedroom house is ok at 4k watts.

Bud Sweat

careful about these guys that say don't worry about power. Your power consumption will get you in trouble if you don't use common sense. You should be fine drawing that much power for you home, but if your doing that in an apartment be careful. Some guys around here just got busted for growing in a 1 bedroom apartment because they had a $600/mo power bill. Just use common sense.