What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is maximum optimal temp?

kollos

Hello everyone, :tiphat:

i have done anything i can but my LED lights put out to much heat for the area and my fan is working around the Clock.

I have 83F / 28C when lights on
I have 72 / 22C when lights off

I know people say "optimal" is 25, i atleast have intake from outside and not from inside, is this to high temprature? i want it to be Close to optimal dosent have to be perfect, but is this to much off ?

I cant stress of about this, someone good on this can help me out?

Can i stop Think about this or is this a problem on the yield and potency?

kollos

Okey i will go read direcly, but my RH is around 50%,

But is this okey and i can stop Think about this Before i go read about Everything on VPD ?

Or is this direcly "no this temp is to high to be optimal" ?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
everything said so far. varies depending on humidity. i regularly run my room (not by choice) as high as constant 90 degrees near the tops. i try and keep it below 85 and above 73 as a general rule. but basically as long as it's not too hot at the canopy level for you to hold your hand palm down for a minute without discomfort then the plants are fine.

kollos

everything said so far. varies depending on humidity. i regularly run my room (not by choice) as high as constant 90 degrees near the tops. i try and keep it below 85 and above 73 as a general rule. but basically as long as it's not too hot at the canopy level for you to hold your hand palm down for a minute without discomfort then the plants are fine.

Okey, but with that said, are u happy with ur yield and potency? because then im alittle better in the temp range then you, so do you do fine or are u thinking damn this is killing my yield with this 90F temp?

Because im stressing myself Daily thinking this is just stupid, and it must down.

Peace

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Okey i will go read direcly, but my RH is around 50%,

But is this okey and i can stop Think about this Before i go read about Everything on VPD ?

Or is this direcly "no this temp is to high to be optimal" ?

If you Google VPD chart, a nice little chart of target humidity and temps you should be hitting...

50% is really good, according to the chart between 59-70F is where you want it WITH that 50% humidity...

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
the yield i don't notice much difference. in fact...(vpd still plays) i get more yield in hotter temps vs the cooler. but hotter temps leads to loss of quality sometimes and airier buds. directly or indirectly. for example in hotter temps i might get more off a particular strain but the tradeoff is it's got stringier buds that arent as compact because it was burning though water and nutes consequently at a faster rate. and the smells and tastes might be lacking because some terpenes evaporate at a lower temperature than others. so maybe for instance this strain i have smells like lemons even in 90 degree temps. but when i keep the temps at 83 i notice that theres also a sweet kiwi smell and a milder citrus smell like grapefruit that "burn off" when the temps are above 85.

you get what i'm saying? you have to play around with each strain and push it to see what it can do, what it likes doesnt like, etc.

biggest factor i've seen that affects yield is proper feeding and water during flower. if your water isn't on point you will suffer. too much = rot/ too little = lockout and stunting.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honestly, anything above 78 F and I see a loss in resin production. If I was growing for plant matter, it wouldn't be a concern, but I grow for quality first and foremost.

55-60% relative humidity, Co2 on at 900 off at 1100, 68 lowest temp and 78 highest temp.

dank.Frank

Bwanabud

I agree Frank,
Resin drops and tend to be airier...cooler temps for denser buds from my experience, less stress on the plant too.

Asslover

Veteran
Here in Florida i run my rooms at around 80, canopy @83, co2 set at 900-1100ppm, humidity at a steady 50% 24/7. Yields are through the roof (check my album) and I've never had anyone complain about the potency and never had VPD issues, ever.
In my years of doing this i've realized that no two rooms are the same, so use everyone's advise/experiences as a guide and go from there.
Yes, you can absolutely run higher temps with outstanding results. But it's not as simple 1+1+2.