What's new

Grower who's lost his way

Stank TaNk

So I've been on ICMag for a long time now I just never contributed out of fear of somehow being traced and caught by the law. But it has gotten to the point where AI have lost my growing ways and come to the masses asking for help. I've been growing for about 4-5 years now but have seemed to have lost my way. For the last year or so, I've been having problems with everything, from vegging, cloning, and mainly flowering. Plants would be sickly looking and burned during vegging. I've found the culprit of that problem and it seemed to be Fox Farm happy frog not being as good of quality as it used to be because as soon as I switched about 6 months ago the plants have been back to growing happily and vigorously. But alas, I come back to flowering where I just can't seem to get it right anymore. My last couple grows just have been sub-par and I just can't seem to get back on track during flowering. Pre-mature yellowing and leaves dying and buds not developing much further after about 40 days into flowering. I suspect most of my problems are watering and nute related, basically just not knowing how to balance my nutes during fertilization.

Here is what they looked like on april 9th,

Here's what they look like today,

Stank TaNk

How long has this problem been going on? Since April 1
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? No
What system are you running? Drain to waste, organic soil and nutes
What STRAIN are you growing? 2 Diesel and 2 unknown Hybrids
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) Clones
What is the age of your plants? Week 6 or 7 of flower after 2 months of veg
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..) Transplanted to a bigger pot at start of flowering
How tall are the plants? 2''4'
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Mid Flower
What Technique are you using? The 2 diesel are straight up, while the 2 unknown hybrids are LST
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) Organic soil (Espoma) amended with a third of cocoa and a third of perlite
What Nutrient's are you using? FoxFarm Big Bloom, Earth Juice Bloom
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water?
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless) Watering once a week
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless) Every other week
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? Yes

What size bulb are you using? 600w MH
What is the distance to the canopy? 5 inches
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 43%
What is the canopy temperature? 80
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 68 at Night, 78 during day
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 6inch Inline fan extracting heat from light connected to carbon filter extracting from center of room
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? blowing over the top of canopy, enough for airflow and one blowing at the bottom near the stem and pot for soil air flow
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Tap water left overnight
Are plant's infected with pest's: None that can be seen

justanotherbozo

Veteran
have you considered changing your grow style? ...maybe simplifying your approach?

...growing in soil can be extremely easy and it can be extremely tricky, for me it was tricky trying to keep a healthy organic soil in a small apartment inside a couple bins so i was plagued by issues i was too inexperienced to identify.

...the solution that worked for me was switching to coco hempy buckets fed KISS style, at the start i used only MaxiBloom and after i was fully committed i switched to Jack's Pro Hydro, in any event, what this did for me was it simplified everything and it made everything much more stable and easy to run which allowed me to relax and begin enjoying my grow MUCH more, now, approx. 5 years later and i'm still rocking the coco hempy's and i'm still relaxed and i routinely pull between 12 and 16 zips per cycle from my 4 x 4 grow tent running a barebulb vertical 600HPS.

...my point is though that coco hempy's are VERY forgiving and failsafe while at the same time producing some pretty good ok results, ...if you do a search inhouse you'll find MANY hempy threads, lol.

...here's a few shots of my early hempy's and note that my 'buckets' back then are nothing more than cut down 2liter Coke bottles.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...and here's a shot looking into the tent.

picture.php

...anyway, i know this doesn't help you much with your current problems but it seems to me that with this being a recurring nightmare for you that maybe takeing a different, simpler approach might be worth considering.

peace, bozo

jmk18

did i read that right your 600 w mh light is 6 inches away from your canopy. If itis yo are frying your plants

You said you're only feeding every other week. Perhaps increase the feeding to every week? I think you're just under feeding mang :) Doesn't look that bad to be honest, great colors on those leaves.

However, one thing I would do ASAP is call your local water department and see if they use Chloramine in the water. If so, letting it sit out overnight will not remove it, you need a filter. They make garden hose filters that are like $25 and they remove Chlorine, but not Chloramine. You want to find a filter that does both if your city uses both. The ones that remove Chloramine are just more expensive, usually around $50.

I don't know much about soil, as I've always grown hydro or coco, but the plants look like mine when I flush with straight water at the end of the crop. I have no idea what to feed them or how, but it looks like they need some nutrition asap. Good luck!

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
80 degree temps and 43% RH does not make for happy plants. I think you have a number of issues to address, wish I could make more substantial suggestions at this point.

Latest posts

Latest posts