What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to obtain an alcohol handlers permit? (Oregon)

hash head

Curious if anyone has been through the process and what is required to order bulk alcohol from somewhere like Organic Alcohol company in Ashland, OR

PDX Dopesmoker

Is that industrial ethanol or is it the kind you can sell to people for drinking? I only know about the drinking kind, the price difference between that the kind they mix with gasoline is enormous. I think fuel ethanol is something like $2/gallon. The alcohol excise tax alone on an gallon of Everclear would be like $28.

troutman

Seed Whore
I think getting that permit will not be easy at all and cost you large $$$$ if you can even get it.

I think the wisest think to do is to get a still and refine your own from let's say Vodka.
If you can reclaim it afterwards you'll be so much better off than buying all the time.

:tiphat:

hash head

I think getting that permit will not be easy at all and cost you large $$$$ if you can even get it.

I think the wisest think to do is to get a still and refine your own from let's say Vodka.
If you can reclaim it afterwards you'll be so much better off than buying all the time.

:tiphat:
Actually I don't think it's that expensive.. and there are local companies that offer organic ethanol, as well as pure anhydrous ethanol.. but to order in bulk you have to have the alcohol handlers permit.. not looking to be able to sell alcohol for drinking, just to buy it for making tinctures, dewaxing etc..