What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pesticide Contamination in Cannabis - Aug 28, 2018

THCengineer

https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2018/08/5-fast-facts-about-pesticides-in-cannabis/

Pesticide contamination in cannabis is a big problem. Careless growing methods have been the norm for decades due to marijuana’s illegality, and sadly, this is just as much of a problem in legal states as it’s always been. High-profile cannabis users are speaking out against the widespread use of pesticides to grow the plant, and laboratory studies on samples from legal states have produced unsettling results.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing! This is one of the reasons I started growing! :smoke:

"The best solution for consumers in legal states is to grow their own cannabis. Ziggy Marley recommended it in the aforementioned article, and WeGrow recommends it as well:
“The appeal of home grown cannabis continues to increase as the transparency of the legislation behind the use of pesticides within commercial cultivation operations remains blurry and unclear. Growing your own cannabis indoors gives you ability to control all factors and produce clean, safe, and ultimately quality cannabis for your personal use.” <sup>(1)"</sup>

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I am with pipeline on this. I myself would rather have non toxic meds as cannabis is the only thing to help my PTSD I grow in a probiotic organic medium and feed with the same amendments clean filtered water and zero bug sprays or agricultural poisons