What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Germination Machine

bloyd

Veteran
bump..... This "machine" is the ultimate seed popper. Can't tell you how many seeds I have popped through it and always get near 100%. (many old seeds that others have had germ problems with as well). Also, as d.s. toker commented it gets everybody popped at the same time so sprouts stay uniform. Anybody having problems with seed germination or that just wants to get the most out of there seed packs should give it a try.

D.S. Toker's threads are such a wealth of knowledge, thank you wherever you are!!!!

Ganja Maker

Nice bump. I think I might try to throw one of these together.

One thing though, Is there a specific type of aquarium heater you buy? like watts or something?

very cool little machine.

I just throw seeds in a cup of water, and pull them out and plant them when they have a root splitting out of the shell. sometimes when i get lazy they may still sit in the water for a few more days. sometimes they get a root about 1/2" long.
they all still seem to grow just fine.

i dont think a seed landing in a puddle of water is a goner.
ideal conditions are always better though, i might build one of these next time i need to pop some.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have heat mats and temp controller no need for aquarium heater....yeehaw..I generally plant seeds right in soil as that's the 1st step in my culling process ...but this would work nice on precious seeds or hard to germ....thanx...

Morphote

Veteran
Bump. 8/10 Melodious Funk sprouted after 48 hours. Simple, easy, and effective. Perfect environment IMO. Highly recommended.

M.

ictiv

Looks good! Gonna try next time, have a really hard work to pop some seeds i got from a friend, wich was a home made cross... Usually i hit 100% with paper towel, but i got only 20% with this seeds, so maybe this box can help a lot.

Morphote

Veteran
Bump. 8/10 Melodious Funk sprouted after 48 hours. Simple, easy, and effective. Perfect environment IMO. Highly recommended.

M.

8/10 above ground after 48 hours. Amazing part for me is the uniform growth rate. All 8 seedlings are at exactly the same height. Put 10 Medina in the germination machine. So quick/easy/simple it's ridiculous. Worth every penny.

M.

Morphote

Veteran
100% germination after 72 hours. I usually get very high germ rates, but can't remember the last time I got 100%. Next I will test this machine by trying to germ some very old MNS Afghan Haze seeds that I got from Dr Chronic ages ago.

M.

Morphote

Veteran
Next I will test this machine by trying to germ some very old MNS Afghan Haze seeds that I got from Dr Chronic ages ago.

Last post in this thread. Before, I was "happy" with this "machine". Now, I am truly "impressed". Got these AH seeds around 2006. They are my oldest seeds. First, freebies that came with them didn't germ. Then, put a few AH in water to soak to test viability and NONE of them sprouted. (This was years ago.) I kept them anyway because I didn't want to trash 3 packs without trying again. Put 12 MNS AH into the germination machine. I expected zero seeds to pop, but 9/12 sprouted after 48 hours. I could say more but the numbers are all that counts. I would have been happy if just one sprouted. I am a believer now. Anyone having germination issues this machine is the answer to your prayers.

M.

Morphote

Veteran
Last post in this thread.

I lied. Man I can't believe it. I am in shock. I have 12 perfectly healthy Afghan Haze seedlings up and growing. I have been angry with Doc Chronic FOR YEARS thinking they gave me bad/old seed. I was hoping to one day find some way of chemically inducing them to sprout, but this "machine" is 100%! Now I feel like someone was lying to me when they said to soak seeds in water/solution for 24 hours. Nothing else to say really. Amazed.

M.

painter66

thank you D.S. Toker. MD
this is THE BEST way of germing old seeds.. if there's any viability in your old stock beans then this method WILL get them sprouting. if they don't sprout using this method then they never were going to any way....

Samson420

so after the seed cracks and starts to show a tail, do you let grow some before putting into soil or is it best as soon as it opened to put into a Root Riot?

and if a Root Riot is best do you soak Root Riot in a solution to help get that tap root growing quick.

If a root riot do you put in into a dome?

Samson420

Ive tried so many different ways to get older beans to pop and have had very little luck. I have a ton of older Bodhi beans, even Instant Karma he sent to me himself. I tried to pop a bunch and had no luck. I still have 15 left and will test a few more if I see the machine works on my testers.

I am fascinated by the Germ Machine and set it up as I had a digital aquarium heater and bought some new sponges. I am testing it now and will let yall know what happens but interested to know what the best way to make sure it survives once it opens.

Latest posts

Latest posts