What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica - Sensi Seeds

G

STOP!

Are you comfortable? Have something to smoke handy? So waddya waiting for? This is a long ride, but worth every minute:wink:

Maple Leaf Indica

Sensi describes her like this:

A most interesting Indica strain of which we know that it left Afghanistan already before the Russian invasion. For some this precious strain will have a whiff of familiarity because it was used as an important building block for some of the most famous varieties of today. It's a compact powerful plant with super wide fingered leaves and a very sweet Indica aroma. A delight for connoisseurs, a taste of the past.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but Maple Leaf Indica is an IBL - and for those of you who dabble in breeding or do so professionally and have yet to sample this strain – DO IT! This is weed for those in the know, for those who believe the cannabis experience should be multifaceted, and not just limited to a whack on the brain. Sensi states “a delight for conoisseurs”, Blue confirms :wink:

Some notes on my methods of cultivation and setup:
I'm an indoor grower, in soil, and organic to the extreme, which means I give my plants the least amount of (100% organic) nutes possible and only when my plants seem to require it. I use a 400W Philips SON-T Agro in a cool tube for lighting, and the plants are placed under the 400W from start. All of my plants are vegged until they reach sexual maturity, presenting both alternated branching and preflowers before going 12/12. The MLI was vegged 32 days.

Nutes and Supplements
Bull's blood (pure nitrogen - used in veg)
Plagron Algae Grow
Plagron Algae Bloom
Plagron Phyt-Amin (minerals, vitamins, amino-acids used both in veg and in bloom)
Epsom Salts and an iron supplement
GH Ripen to finish them off and flush the soil, used 14 days before end of flower

Grow Notes

I planted only one seed of MLI, to fill out the garden. This was the craziest plant I’ve grown to date. She grew quite normally up until the third node, after which she turned quad, putting out 4 leaves at each node. After about 27 days of veg, she split herself into two main colas, each one with a set of 4 leaves, though she lost this trait further along in flower. Biggest damn Indica I’ve ever grown, she was as large as, if not larger than any sat dom hybrid I’ve grown out until now. She was the only plant which I had to double pot (I use 3.5 gallon pots in flower), and when I cut her down there were so many roots in the bottom pot that I had some difficulty separating the two pots. She also became somewhat rootbound before I could repot her, resulting in her losing almost all of her leaves in late flower…she was ugly as sin but the buds were just huge, sticky gooey and completely covered with extremely long white pistils, I had to restrain myself from taking a comb to her before shooting a pic :biglaugh: .
This strain kicks up a smell guys,not for those who have to worry about odor.

Veg pics

The Maple Leaf Indica was flowered for 56 days then was given 72 hours darkness before meeting her glorious destiny.

Flower pics

Smoke Report

The buds have been cured for a month in jars, after a drying process 15 days long. This plant is a good yeilder, and a very sofisticated smoke!

Appearance
The buds are various shades of green, from olive to yellow green, and covered with long pale orange pistils, Nugs are tight, though the abundance of pistils makes them look on the airy side, take my word for it, they are NOT airy :wink: Trichs galore...take a look:

Smell
The smell of these buds is incredible...you can smell them even when they're closed in the jars, very powerful. So powerful in fact that after you smoke it the smell will just linger in the room for hours if you don't open a window.
The aroma is wonderful, rich, heady, warm...molasses and cloves, brown sugar and a hint of lemon, it fills your senses and seems to surround you.

Taste
MLI tastes just like it smells, exquisite, rich...heavy and full bodied, it leaves such a pronounced taste of sugar in your mouth that if you lick your lips after taking a toke you'll taste brown sugar...I found this strain to be a sublime smoking experience, even after being cured only a month. Truly delicious weed, an experience for all 5 senses, it has a spiciness to it reminiscent of the best Hazes.

High
You start to feel it coming on at the second hit, like a wave of warmth increasing with each toke, your body begins to relax, lose tension, your brain begins to slow down and the overall feeling is of peace washing over you. It creeps a bit, and is quite potent if you're not careful with the amount. Gives a wonderful feeling of well-being, like being caught in a bubble of warm sweet spicy air. High lasts quite a while, 3 hours or so, and you can calibrate the amount of weed to achieve or avoid the couchlock effect...she'll give you time to understand when to stop smoking.

Overall I must say I'm very impressed with this strain. I expect alot out of my weed, and the Maple Leaf Indica completely fulfills my expectations. I hope upon reading this report some of you will consider giving MLI a try, it is definitley worth the experience, and personally I intend to grow it out again in the near future.
Very very nice stuff...

Dr. D

Veteran
Awesome thread blue, very informative, iv been looking at this this strain for a while but dont kno anyone whos grown it, mite have to try this one out this year, along with all the other indicas i wanna try lol...peace

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
A most excellent report. :canabis:

I have a pack of the MLI and I am going to include some in the next grow.

Thanks for the great report and photos.

:yummy:

Beast

nice report blue.. just perfect size, appropriately broken up with eyecandy, and well written.

not to mention the content itself.. heh. you make her sound sooo good.. mmmm maple leaf indica..
:canabis:

G

Very nice set of pitures to follow the progress / this is the style I would like to keep & wanted to do on my SC99 report / but I don't know to place mulpital pictures like that?

Job well done /

G

thank you very much guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the report! If its tickled anybody's fancy, I heartily advise you to give this strain a whirl, it is an excellent and very sofisticated smoke and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Clearcutter, I haven't tried Black Domina but am curious...MLI has a very singular taste,smell and feel to it. I'm hard put to compare this strain to anything else I've smoked.

Fredster, the pics are lined up like that by clicking on the thumbnails, then removing any spaces between one thumbnail and another...you should use your "preview message" button to see how you're positioning the pics on the thread. Takes a bit of work but the end result is nice :smile:

G

blue,

you've inspired me to give MLI a whirl, I've been interested in the landrace indicas, to build my own hybrids...I tried garlic bud, one that i knew was the true breeding version of it, not some selfed rehashing (oops theres another pun!) of the original "vampire killer"

do you think if she had not become rootbound she would have kept her multiplying tendancies?

also, you mentioned a high odor, with proper measures do you feel it will be smothered out( ionizer, inline carbon scrubber ) or is it just that overpowering?

G

danimal, as far as odor goes IMO you can definitely smother some as my own odor control is next to nothing...she kicks up in mid to late flower, but IMO is definitely controllable with a carbon scrubber. What will astound you is how powerful the smell is when she dries out...concentrated molasses, cloves and honey-lemon smell.....incredible stuff.

In regard to her freak tendency if she hadn't become rootbound, I don't think this is relevant, the four leaves at each node were fun to watch and made for an interesting grow...but the leaves get cut off in the end anyway...and she retained the double colas so the best part of her freakiness remained :wink:

You are a wise man to want to give her a whirl, she has excellent potential for breeding purposes, at least in my opinion. Please note however that I am not a breeder, I just have snobby taste in weed :D.

Rolando Mota

Fantastic report, Blue! It's like I just smoked some, I can practically taste it. :canabis:

However, this doesn't make it any easier deciding what to grow next. I feel like one of those star trek computers having a melt down.. "bzzzt..soursaver..no, lui..no, bogbubble..crrrk.. orange apollo... kaboom!" :eek:

G

hehehehehe join the club Rolando...winning at Russian Roulette is easier than choosing what to grow next when you have little space and more than a few strains to choose from :wink: I feel your pain :D

G

Good Show Blue! You mean thats an Indica that has'nt been screwed up with a bunch of meaningless crosses? Brilliant!

From your description she Looks, Sounds, Smells, Stones great. I'll have to give these a whirl down the road. Now only if I can make some room for more seed to grow. Hmmmmm.......

Blatant :wave:

G

Blatant my friend, where there's a will there's a way :D

Yes this is a pure and unmucked Indica, and I might add, of exceptional quality...try it, you'll like it :wink:

:wave:

G

gah, i was about to order this strain i then saw this thread...i have a crappy carbon scrubber.....and a small 2 plant scrog cab....do you really think i need to worry about smell when shes that small and theres only one?

G

Just what the doctor ordered!

Just what the doctor ordered!

That was a magnificent report Blue. And I'm gonna give up writting em, cause I can't match your creativity. I've tried a cross made with MLI, it didn't turn out very well. You've given me second thoughts about trying it again. I comment you and thank you for such a fine report.

G

Excellent report!! Thank you for that!! MLI sounds perfect to me.....Sensi, here I come!!

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
very excellent smoke report bluevelvet umma have to get me some of those MLI's
you just made up my mind for me .keep up the good posts and growin mainly growin lol
peace chucky

Latest posts

Latest posts