What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first grow. Question list.

ZeroSkill

Ok. As the name says, I have zero skills :)

What I do have:

• used ass grow tent check. sizing is 4 ft x 4 ft
    1 viparspectra 450w grow light good for a 2 x 2 foot area.
    A bunch of seeds labeled as kill the males blueberry in a baggy.
^^ was acquired for free.

My thoughts on a build.

The lights sucks. Looking for a matching one on ebay and other spots to see if I cant score another for less than 40 dollars.

As far as the grow goes, was thinking of a simple DWC using a wide tote with a couple airstones at the bottom. If I find one around the 4x4 size, was thinking of cutting the lid with 5 spots, and do it up that way. I'm not sure if thats really viable, but I'm sure someone here will set me straight.

I have a bunch of stuff on amazon in my cart, like a decent ph tester, exhaust fan, carbon filter to keep the wife quiet, ph up, ph down, a space heater, and a humidifier. Even if i dont need the heater, i'll use it somewhere else. I know the humidity will be an issue, hence the humidifier.

Basement is sits around 19-20. 28-43%rh depending on if laundry is running or not. Usually runs dry though.

Anyhow, I am having trouble deciding what nutrients system to buy. Suggestions would be welcome, as well as any advice. I like to do it right the first time, so i've been studying and reading a lot.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Check out Botanicare Nutrients. You can do very well with just the Bloom and Cal/Mag. Gallon of bloom only cost 45 bucks shipped and is awesome stuff. Just need a quart of cal/mag.

Best advice is to spend some coin on a good light. Everything else seems on point.

SamsonsRiddle

for synthetic nutes you might want to check out dyna gro. you can run foliage pro from seedling to harvest in containers. i would suggest their "pro-tekt" which can also be used to bump up your ph.

D

Double_Gulp420

I am running Happy Frog soil to start me seedlings in and then transferring them into Fox farm ocean forest and happy frog mix to dilute the ffof and make the nutrients last a little longer before I have to manually add some. When I do add anything I am using all fox farms products. I am leaving a grow journal as I go so if fox farms doesn't work well try something else and go until I find something that works for me!! I am still learning everyday though!!