What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

PCBuds

I had guppies that ate their own babies.

I had to scoop out the babies and separate them from their mom before they were eaten.

Nature is nasty but it has worked for eons.

Fish eating plastic is not natural.
We need to get back to a more symbiotic relationship...

Sampas92

Just newbin
I had guppies that ate their own babies.

I had to scoop out the babies and separate them from their mom before they were eaten.

Nature is nasty but it has worked for eons.

Fish eating plastic is not natural.
We need to get back to a more symbiotic relationship...

Thats going to be hard if not impossible

PCBuds

We all just need to care a little bit, and we can do this...

If every person on earth planted a single tree once a year for six years, we could reverse climate change...

Trees Suck !!!

Cut Them All Down !!@
lol

Sampas92

Just newbin
We all just need to care a little bit, and we can do this...

If every person on earth planted a single tree once a year for six years, we could reverse climate change...

Trees Suck !!!

Cut Them All Down !!@
lol

Congrats on the harvest buds

If everyone would do like China did to fight the desertification of their land, the world would be all green by now

Sampas92

Just newbin
Iv been keeping an eye on my drying buds, 3rd day at 65% rh and they look good, no signs of anything bad
20210318_171424.jpg
20210318_171446.jpg
20210318_171450.jpg

my skunk i decided to top every top and now i have 26 tops.. also i trimed some lower branches and leafs, leaving just the tops and one node with branches right under them, im aiming to just have a screen full of tops with direct light from above. Every branch was treated the same way and is +/- equal in size

before
20210318_172430.jpg

After
20210318_194606.jpg
20210318_194723.jpg

I like how she looks, thinking on oppening a new thread for her

Peace :Tiphat:

q3corn

Looking good!

I never liked wet trimming, it makes my buds dry out too fast and everything tastes worse.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Looking good!

I never liked wet trimming, it makes my buds dry out too fast and everything tastes worse.

I dryed some branches with the leafs in some specific places before this ones, i didnt like how brittle the leafs were, that mixed with the stickiness of the buds, i didnt like and since i can regulate the rh i trimmed the most that there was to trim :tiphat:

PCBuds

Congrats on the harvest buds

If everyone would do like China did to fight the desertification of their land, the world would be all green by now

I saw a documentary about that.

There is some plateau in China that was desertified at the time of Christ or so.

They brought it back.

No goats eating everything, and plant all kinds of green stuff.

Sampas92

Just newbin
I saw a documentary about that.

There is some plateau in China that was desertified at the time of Christ or so.

They brought it back.

No goats eating everything, and plant all kinds of green stuff.

Yeah but the thing is, you cant have all the planet green, deserts are important for the ecosystems, weather etc, i dunno hoe dangerous can be to play with that..

Sampas92

Just newbin
7th day that my buds have been drying under 65% rh..i think i kinda fucked them up with direct and too much ventilation..
they feel dry, not brittle, touch them and i dont feel them breaking or anything but they look dry on the outside and dont have much smell besides clorophyl unless i touch them but even then they dont have a lot of smell, also they seemed kinda goldish, very light brownish color, but only the buds that are at the middle level of the cab, the buds that are closer to the roof of the cab smell nicer and dont feel so dry..
i solved the direct flow but maybe its too late, i hope the cure does them any good..iv smoked a whole branch during yesterday and today, it gets me a strange high, kinda of a buzz and lazy. The high advertised to this strain is considered high not for initial smokers, and more on the head than in the body, again, i hope the cure does any good to them..i raised the rh to 70 in this last week lets see.
20210323_004403.jpg
20210323_004412.jpg
20210323_004453.jpg
20210323_004509.jpg

My skunk is still recovering from all the toping but she is growing, also she is on a 20/4 schedule, to try in a way to make her grow faster
20210322_224618.jpg
20210322_224622.jpg

One of my 2 clone pot up attempts is establishing itself after 2 days and looks its starting to show new growth, i need 2 more days to be sure
20210321_211246.jpg
20210321_211253.jpg

Peace :tiphat:

Sampas92

Just newbin
To you guys more experienced than i
the bottom pic is 2 days after harvest, 4 days ago..the bottom one is from yesterday, its not the same bud but you guys get the pic.
Click image for larger version  Name:	InShot_20210323_184926704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	17813361

Those brownish goldish trichs in the top pic are like that because they oxidized because of direct air circulation?i ask cause i lost all of her strong smell and she kinda of smell a bit like hay, but if i open the buds i smell her again, where is more moist.
what you guys think?they oxidized?did i really fucked up a bit of the harvest even with the rh at 65% everyday everytime?

Last edited:

q3corn

Bud after harvest will lose a lot of smell when it's drying. A slow, low-temperature dry helps preserve as much as possible. When a plant starts to smell like hay, it means that the terpenes most accessible to the atmosphere have already vaporized. Since you have whole dense bud, a lot of those aromatics and oils are still inside the bud, and they will stay there so long as you have a humidity in the sweet-spot and low temperatures.

Your buds are gonna be fine. If you have any direct fans blowing on them, I would turn them away or even turn them off completely. Slow, patient drying that allows for moisture to evaporate off the plant, rather than be blown off, is ideal.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Bud after harvest will lose a lot of smell when it's drying. A slow, low-temperature dry helps preserve as much as possible. When a plant starts to smell like hay, it means that the terpenes most accessible to the atmosphere have already vaporized. Since you have whole dense bud, a lot of those aromatics and oils are still inside the bud, and they will stay there so long as you have a humidity in the sweet-spot and low temperatures.

Your buds are gonna be fine. If you have any direct fans blowing on them, I would turn them away or even turn them off completely. Slow, patient drying that allows for moisture to evaporate off the plant, rather than be blown off, is ideal.

Thanks q3corn i solved the direct air flow problem, but its too late, at least i cab preserve whats there to be preserved..i was aiming for just that, a slow cold controlable dry, at least i learned to not screw up in the next harvest

Sampas92

Just newbin
So i jarred all of the buds, they fill almost half of a 1.5l jar, 31.70g, they feel dry but i dunno if they are going to lose a bit more or should lost a bit less, i think a bit less dry, i hope i can recover some of that good smell with the cure, lesson learned. The readings are right after i close the lid
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210324_014152.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	17813643

My 2nd pot ut attempt of my clone was a success, this is 1 week, didnt wilt, no def, nothing, 5* i wish all of them would be like this
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210324_004335.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	17813644
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210324_014152.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	17813643

My skunk seems to like her new pot after one week, she is putting new growth, the roots are reaching the side holes (soil already has myco added, i watered with bactohemp too) and she decided to tell me what i already know, she is a female
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210324_004450.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	17813645

Last edited:

PCBuds

What about using a sandblasting cabinet as a grow cab?

it's already got an led light to get you started.

Screenshot_20210324-043259_Google.jpg

PCBuds

My Boveda packs are 62%.

I'd say take it as low as you are comfortable with.

A daily burp will help let you smell any mold.

q3corn

Looks good! If your RH in the jar goes up over time that means the buds are still sweating, so you'll wanna keep burping it. Ideal humidity is right between I would say 55% and 65% give-or-take, so long as it's stable.

After the buds are done being burped in a week or two, then close the jar for a week and come back to it, those smells should start to come forward again.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Thanks bros
i was to buy boveda packs, and i want to do it in the future but i think like this will be a better learning curve even if longer