What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

World of Seeds Colombian Gold

ScythianGold

I have a bunch of seeds that are 2 years old. So far the only ones to germinate are 2 World of Seeds Colombian Gold, 2 Greenhouse Cheese autos and 1 Blimburn Tangie auto.

The autos have been put outdoors at a different location.

I know these are not the real Colombian Gold strain from the 70's that is a near 100% sativa but I got these as freebies in a seed order and am trying to grow out the freebies first as I only have 1 or 2 of each of those.

Anyway, I will post pics soon of the young seedlings. I plan on growing them under LEDs in the Kratky method hydro setup. Not the best time of year for that method as summer temps may kill plants if the res gets too hot but that's my plan. I'll get an ac unit if necessary.

Anyway, really impressed with the vigor of the plants so far given that the seeds are 2 years old and most other seeds aren't germinating. Several other WoS strains did not germinate. I was also impressed with Blimburn Tangie auto strain that totally exploded germinating even though the seeds were 2 years old. I'm germing more seeds atm and will see what pops. Hoping a Franco's Lemon Cheese makes it, has about a 1 inch tail atm.

I hope to do a full grow diary on the CG's if I don't kill them.

ScythianGold

Here are the seedlings

Attachments

• 20200614_072035 - Copy.jpg
    20200614_072035 - Copy.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200614_072027 - Copy.jpg
    20200614_072027 - Copy.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 40

ScythianGold

Here they are now

Here they are now

Quite a bit bigger. One is getting languid, roots look healthy though. Maybe to high PH??? 20200704_065034 - Copy.jpg 20200704_065102 - Copy.jpg

ScythianGold

Other strains

Other strains

I also have Lemon OG, Golden Lemons, Blackberry OG, and Franco's Lemon Cheese. So lots of Skunk genes in there. Will post pictures of those soon.

ScythianGold

The Garden

The Garden

Here is the garden. Colombian Golds on the right, OGs in the middle, Lemon Cheese and Golden Lemons of the left.

20200704_065112 - Copy.jpg

bigpeter

When posting select go advanced, then select insert image but at top of page with images select original only.

ScythianGold

Update: All plants are about the same size. I switched all plants over to soil. The plants would start grow very quickly but at about 6 inches high start getting problems. I tried changing the water and lowering the ph to 6.5-7 and that just made it worse.

So I changed to soil. Now I don't have to worry about summer heat so much.
One plant, the one in the brown pot, was in soil the whole time. Was the runt. Now it's the biggest plant.

ScythianGold

Colombian Golds Photo

Colombian Golds Photo

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200715_170550 - Copy.jpg
    20200715_170550 - Copy.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200715_170541 - Copy.jpg
    20200715_170541 - Copy.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200715_170535 - Copy.jpg
    20200715_170535 - Copy.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

ScythianGold

Franco's Lemon Cheese and Golden Lemons Photo

Franco's Lemon Cheese and Golden Lemons Photo

Franco's Lemon Cheese is in the back. Some leaf discoloration.

attachment.php

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all, hope everyone is doing great. I noticed a lot on the web about World of Seeds going around and them being bad for some reason. Myself only growing out the CG about 14 years ago, my family and myself found it to be amazing smoke. It was unlike other cannabis that I have smoked so that goes to say something. I have a couple pictures in my albums of it. Here is just a top bud I got. It also yielded great. It was def a Sativa high. Happy growing all.

Ub8fcqV.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
:biglaugh: You sir need to check out Ace seeds then. They also have what you say are hybrids and are crazy sativas. They also turn out amazing and have quality sativa smoke. Grow a bunch of them out and one will find out then. Just because it appears to look a bit like bigger leafs in no way means it isn't a sativa :smoker:. Once you grow for 16+ years you will come to find that out. Happy growing all.

Nice plants. Looks very hybrid leaves to be a full sativa.

Montuno

...como el Son...
:biglaugh: You sir need to check out Ace seeds then. They also have what you say are hybrids and are crazy sativas. They also turn out amazing and have quality sativa smoke. Grow a bunch of them out and one will find out then. Just because it appears to look a bit like bigger leafs in no way means it isn't a sativa :smoker:. Once you grow for 16+ years you will come to find that out. Happy growing all.

Hi, Dr.King.
Well, I know people who have 16 and more years of growing experience, and who have spent those 16 or more years growing seeds in bulk of refried hybrids over and over that some neighbour of mine gets in his backyard or in his humble indoor (charging a few cents per seed) for companies who then resell them to the public at 6 or 12 € per seed, under fantastic names and false descriptions (as epic and/or exotic as possible), and sometimes, as in this case, hilarious...

It doesn't take 16 years of growing experience, but just a little logic, to realise that a plant cannot be 100% landrace sativa and yet have 25% indica.
And it only takes curiosity, comparing in ICMag how "other" Colombian landraces are that show various foreros and banks, to realize that the plant of W.O.S looks more like some skunk than any of the "other" Colombian plants.

Quotations to A.C.E.. Precisely W.O.S. takes advantage of the fame and quality prestige of "certain type" of Spanish banks (A.C.E, CannaBioGen, Original Delicatessen, Tropical Seeds Company...), so that the international clientele believes that it is another bank of "that type"...

This is the first description that W.O.S. made of its alleged "Colombian Gold".
Apart from the contradictions about its genetics and the 65-75 days of maturation, the story about its origin and Simon Bolivar is laughable...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Colombian gold is a feminized or regular marijuana plant, very suitable for young growers.
This variety has a hybrid phenotype (25% indica 75% sativa), and a 100% Colombian genetics, resulting from mixing different pure genetics from the Santamarta mountain range, was used by Simon Bolivar in his travels through the Amazon, where he exchanged spices and medicinal plants with the indigenous people during his conquests. Ideal plant for cultivation in humid climates, it is tall, vigorous and has a sweet and intense aroma. It stands out above all for its taste and psychedelic effects. Colombian Gold will transport you to 18th century South America.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

GENOTIPO 100% SATIVA
THC 18%
TIEMPO MADURACIÓN INTERIOR DE 65 A 75 DIAS
TIEMPO MADURACIÓN EXTERIOR FINALES DE OCTUBRE
SABOR DULCE AFRUTADO
MODALIDAD CULTIVO INT./EXT
PRODUCCIÓN 400 G/M2 INDOOR | MORE THAN 700 G/PL OUTDOOR
OLOR ALTA
EFECTO CEREBRAL
RESISTENCIA MOHO ALTA
RESISTENCIA PLAGAS MEDIA
SEXO FEMINIZADA
LINAJE SANTA MARTA (COLOMBIA)
BHO PERFORMANCE 17%
TOLERANCIA RIEGO ALTA
VALOR MEDICINAL MEDIA

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
There is no doubt that WOS sells hybrids, it is enough to know the plants a little and see them to understand it, the real Colombian Gold is not like that, the real Thais can make the first sets of leaves a little wider, but then they absolutely do not grow like that, same thing for Africans ...
I had read that they added some indica to make indoor plants more manageable ...
Then, oh well, if you want to believe the descriptions ....