What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pineapples Oaxacan Thread

Carraxe

Veteran
believe it, it exists...

I'm not a man of faith. After +20 years trying every kind of weed I can say it doesn't exist, so I believe you are giving you opinion.

Edit. I correct myself. I believe there are weeds that don't make you sleep or tired even after hours of enormous consumption: these that don't get you high at all.

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
To me growing the plant is half the fun

Thats great mind set, I think a lot of us forget to enjoy the process and consider growing just a mean to obtain the finished product. I see many breeders on videos handling the plants so roughly, squeezing the buds and so on...like they lost the respect for the plant. I like to see when people handle them like they are sacret and approach them carefuly :D

Anyway to add to the conversation after growing mextizas last year, I must say that its one of the best tasting and most uniques aromas out there. Some plants, after sniffing the buds literaly make you salivating. I made hash from the best smelling pheno and the whole room smelled like baked buttery orange cookies..unreal

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I think the trick could be on the dosage and balance... smoking too much never seems to help. And of course finding the right plant with just the right chemotype and potency for you (more important than genetics really!).

I've also found out often is better to smoke just a bit and wait until it dissapears clean and you need a bit more in order to keep you in the zone, without experiencing a big comedown. That's how I like to smoke NLDs. But you can never keep that stage for long if you smoke too much. I personally like that feeling when you don't feel you are too high unless you analize your behaviour or perceptions and ideas, plus you can still operate and react which is a must for me. I don't like feeling like an ameba like with most strong commercial hybrids that get you the infamous couchclock.

That way I can play some music, mess around the kitchen, enjoy some gardening without messing everything up or great conversations without feeling tired. For certain tasks I just can't be too high otherwise short-term memory will suffer from it and it's easy to get lost!

Being inside or chilling in the sofa doesn't help either but if the set&setting is more favorable and stimulant or you are spending time outdoors, hiking or doing your favourite activities, then the experience seems to get enhanced.

Not so potent plants but with the right chemotype seem to do the job, others are just too confusing or can stop you from focusing. The thing is that so often our desire to get high as a kite has the opposite effect and we get lost in oblivion, or experience a comedown sooner than we would like. Maybe for that purpose some mushrooms or different drugs could do better than weed.

Tolerance is always there too, so when it builds up it's better to find some variety or take a break for 2 week at least or space the weed sessions more. I understand that all this is difficult for someone who smokes very often or needs his medicine on a daily basis, it's a different use than those who just do it to get high during leisure time or from time to time.

With the years I've also come to realize those first weed experiences where you were getting totally crazy even with some mediocre weed won't come back as a seasoned Cannabis user. It's just like those first experiences of getting drunk or having sex as an inexperenced teen... the novelty and loosing control was actually part if the fun! :D

P.S: A friend is loving this beautiful Mauritius x Oaxacan 12 Fingers:

1rcqxNT.jpg

Breadwizard

Off topic, but is that a similar source Mauritius that ace used for thier Mauritius x Ethiopian? I had my eye on that one too, super interesting sounding terps, hops, mint, and pine? Sign me up.

On topic, here's a leaf detail on my Purple Mexican I just put into flower, anyone know if this double serrations come from the Oaxacan side? I don't see it on any of the pics of the Oaxacan 79s here.
picture.php

Cmoon

I'm not a man of faith. After +20 years trying every kind of weed I can say it doesn't exist, so I believe you are giving you opinion.

Edit. I correct myself. I believe there are weeds that don't make you sleep or tired even after hours of enormous consumption: these that don't get you high at all.

Lots of factors to consider and iv grown many a sativa well that didnt smoke that great and many indicas poorly that did:tiphat:...thats one for bedtime:dance013:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Off topic, but is that a similar source Mauritius that ace used for thier Mauritius x Ethiopian? I had my eye on that one too, super interesting sounding terps, hops, mint, and pine? Sign me up.

Actually I was the one who sent the Mauritius line to ACE many years ago after Dubi offered help with my reproductions, but that never happened and later they ended selling it without asking anyone, as usual. I was fortunate that I've had shared seeds with other people before and could recover some seeds after that. I've had obtained the seeds directly from my buddy Lasko many seasons ago when the forum was still active, he was the member who collected those personally during his holidays and shared them with other exotic seed lovers from the collective.

Chiang Mai Thai and others also originated from the Vibes Col. Seed makers are just cashing on the legacy from those who originally sourced or spent years working those lines, trusted them and got nothing but despise in return, without even being credited or mentioned along with the true origins of those cultivars. It's the sad truth of nowaday's seed market scene.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Oaxaca79Skull, don't let you fool by the broader leaves, they will develope to some nice thin leaved plants later. Shape of leaves is the same on all Plants, pretty uniform in this regard. The biggest Oax plant in the middle i suspect to be a male, at least i hope so.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

what could I say? again if you didnt find it, does it mean? it is not existing?.. I have it, so I know it exists and it is above everything else.. mextiza is two levels under it.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
what could I say? again if you didnt find it, does it mean? it is not existing?.. I have it, so I know it exists and it is above everything else.. mextiza is two levels under it.

Haha good point! Is that your Mextazy clone? :biggrin:

Carraxe

Veteran

You understand nothing. It is the concept that doesn't exist. It doesn't exist a weed that keeps getting you high and high and high no matter what. Abuse always leads to sleep.

Well, where does that top notch weed takes you?

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Please guys, don't start a beef here, thanks.

Yesterday i observed the Oaxaca79Skull plants a bit and found this flat stem plant with 2 leaves side by side, curious how this one will develope over time.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Legalcdn

Pin punch,

This thread is impressive. You have a passion for the Oax. It's people like you that do the hard work to keep the jewels of this plant alive. Hats off to you.

I am just waiting in the soup line to obtain Green Mountain seeds when they come back online.

Hope the stars align for your project.

Vielen Dank

Zomboy

Veteran
Had a fasciated Tangerine Trainwreck Haze once. Ended up tossing it after a couple weeks flowering, waste of space.. I tried topping a clone to see if it would grow out of it but that didnt work.

Hempy McNoodle

Please guys, don't start a beef here, thanks.

Yesterday i observed the Oaxaca79Skull plants a bit and found this flat stem plant with 2 leaves side by side, curious how this one will develope over time.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

I had a 'Sinai' Egyptian landrace like that and she had a very strange floral cluster at the top. It was sort of like toothbrsh bristles or a paintbrush at the top with sort of a daisy like floral arangment at the top around the brushy tip. very strange and probably not something most people would want to perpetuate. Mine had a very low yield and also low potency.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Pin punch,

This thread is impressive. You have a passion for the Oax. It's people like you that do the hard work to keep the jewels of this plant alive. Hats off to you.

I am just waiting in the soup line to obtain Green Mountain seeds when they come back online.

Hope the stars align for your project.

Vielen Dank

Thanks man!

Well i want to be honest, till now i didn't preserved anything at all. The only line i've ever reproduced/preserved was the Federation Hawaiian Sativa. For sure i want to preserve the CBG Oaxaca79S1 and make some S2 Seeds, there probably will be a lot of mutated plants in the S2's, but better as lose her completely i guess. I'll also make a lot of Seeds of Vermontmans Oaxaca79Skull to preserve her for future use, happily it's a regular line.

Few days ago i had to thinn out the big CBG Oaxaca79S1 plant heavily, she was simply to dense and the light not reached all the bottom branches anymore. Also heavily topped and stripped the Oaxaca79Skull plants. I think in 2 or 3 Weeks i can switch all the Plants to flower. The clones i've cut already start to get white bumps, so roots should be visible the next few Days, then tranplant to pots and let them VEG a bit, then switch to flower....

Oaxaca79Skull
picture.php

All CBG Oaxaca79S1
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php