What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pineapples Oaxacan Thread

Breadwizard

Here's pics from the seed plant in flower, the previous picture is a clone. I've never had the PCK directly, but I'm guessing the ox brought the pine/eucalyptus/menthol that was in this flower, as I don't find that description in the pure PCK.
picture.php

Here was at about 9-10 weeks

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Here's pics from the seed plant in flower, the previous picture is a clone. I've never had the PCK directly, but I'm guessing the ox brought the pine/eucalyptus/menthol that was in this flower, as I don't find that description in the pure PCK.
View Image
Here was at about 9-10 weeks

Looks nice, the eucalyptuc/menthol smell sounds interesting. Some Oaxacan lines are reported to have a menthol smell, on Mextiza i not had a eucalyptus/menthol smell at all.
It's interesting, i know that Vermontman have reported when he started his outcrossing project on his Oaxaca and used a Durban line for a test outcross he found Menthol smelling plants, which were not present in the pure line.
The first strain i grew where i found menthol smelling plants was Fed. Hawaiian Sativa, i asked my ex-Wife at this time to smell this plant and told her please tell me to what this smell reminds you, she instantly said "VICKS VAPORUB". I think Hawaiian Sativa is a hybrid between Oaxacan, Thai, and a indica of some sort. But that's just a guess. :)

justabluez

Veteran
Nice Thread!!

I'm also curious about the oaxacan strain. I got a pack of the "gypsy" oaxacan sativa freebies from seedbay a few years ago. It was 12 seeds in the pack. I tried to pop about 9, and none of them popped. I have 3 left. I'm trying to pop 1 right now. I think I will save the other 2 for later. I also ran the Purple Mexican once and got the green pheno. It sort of smelled like piss. I wish I would have kept it, but I didnt. I'm trying to pop another Purple Mexican. Also got a couple month old Zacatecas Tribute..

I'm hoping that the gypsy oaxacan sativa seed pops. If female, I will grow it out. If male, I will hopefully be able to hit the female Purple Mexican, or hopefully one of the Zacatecas is fermale. If I get a male Zacatecas, I'll hit the Purple Mexican...if it pops.

The Purple Mexican green pheno looked like the oaxacan. It was some good electric smoke.

Looking forward to seeing what develops in this thread!!!

justabluez

Veteran
Purple Mexican - Green Pheno

Purple Mexican - Green Pheno

Here is the Purple Mexican Green Pheno I had. I'm kicking myself because I did not clone it. It was some good weed!! Today I saw that my Purple Mexican seed has cracked!! Hopefully it will sprout into that green pheno again!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• pm4.jpg
    pm4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 32

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Nice Thread!!

I'm also curious about the oaxacan strain. I got a pack of the "gypsy" oaxacan sativa freebies from seedbay a few years ago. It was 12 seeds in the pack. I tried to pop about 9, and none of them popped. I have 3 left. I'm trying to pop 1 right now. I think I will save the other 2 for later. I also ran the Purple Mexican once and got the green pheno. It sort of smelled like piss. I wish I would have kept it, but I didnt. I'm trying to pop another Purple Mexican. Also got a couple month old Zacatecas Tribute..

I'm hoping that the gypsy oaxacan sativa seed pops. If female, I will grow it out. If male, I will hopefully be able to hit the female Purple Mexican, or hopefully one of the Zacatecas is fermale. If I get a male Zacatecas, I'll hit the Purple Mexican...if it pops.

The Purple Mexican green pheno looked like the oaxacan. It was some good electric smoke.

Looking forward to seeing what develops in this thread!!!

Have seen pictures of the Gypsy Nirvana Oaxacan line (Eldorado), wasn't looking bad. Good luck with your Seed, hope it pops and is a female.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
CBG Oaxaca79S1

picture.php
picture.php

Oaxaca79Skull Seedling
picture.php

The CBG Oaxaca79S1 plant is doing fine so far, will wait some more days to take the first clones.

On the 15 Oaxaca79Skull Seeds i popped i had 100% germ rate. Sadly i was a bit dumb and buried some of the Seeds a bit too deep, so some of them literally beheaded themselves trying to reach the surface. But it's fine, still have a good amount for later use, from the 15 Seeds 6-8 will survive i think. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
First 2 cuts of the CBG Oaxaca79S1, i'll use them as mother plants as well. The next cuts i'll take will be for flowering. :)

picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Looks Good !!! :biggrin:

Thanks herb! :)

It maybe is a bit too early to tell, but i think the one plant i have could be a lemon pheno. I rubbed the stem a bit over the last few days, and there is something i would describe as lemony, i could be wrong, but time will tell. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
More CBG Oaxaca79S1
picture.php
picture.php

Oaxaca79Skull Seedlings, the one mutant will be sorted out soon...have a few more Seedlings of these going. Think the first one is probably a male, as it's the fastest one, will see....
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hmm, in the report from Dubi i not found something he described as a liver smell. Was it Charlie or Dubi who described a liver smell? Maybe there is a liver smell in Mextiza? I like liver, my mother makes it often, with Onions and mashed Potatoes.

yes, that is traditional recipe here too.. I dont eat it though :D I dont know what they said, but I found some phenos like that, and I am not only one.. I grew oaxacan79bx x mextiza f2 cross though. not mextiza F1.. as far as mint/menthol/camphor its there too :D didnt find any eucalyptus though..

I said it few times, that mextiza is oaxacan hybrid, but keeps its essence of mexican family weed and make it more pronounced maybe? by family I dont mean cartels. I mean those indian families.. I read that indians use cannabis to make tea, and it gives sense really strong terps of lemon limes to the nose and minty tones, perfect energizing tea :D I dont know what time of day they drink it, but I imagine it that the whole family drink it after long sunny day and after nice dinner, then they just drink it and instead of surfing at internet, watching tv or playing with iphone, playing video games, they have great time talking each other, about what happened that day. old grandaddy narrates some old story about cosmos or they sing some nice traditional songs about love.. all of them get super talkative and laughing, just happy vibe and nice uplifting mild euphoria :D thats how I imagine it, because to me it smokes like that with special happy family vibe. cheers.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
yes, that is traditional recipe here too.. I dont eat it though I dont know what they said, but I found some phenos like that, and I am not only one.. I grew oaxacan79bx x mextiza f2 cross though. not mextiza F1.. as far as mint/menthol/camphor its there too didnt find any eucalyptus though..

I said it few times, that mextiza is oaxacan hybrid, but keeps its essence of mexican family weed and make it more pronounced maybe? by family I dont mean cartels. I mean those indian families.. I read that indians use cannabis to make tea, and it gives sense really strong terps of lemon limes to the nose and minty tones, perfect energizing tea. I dont know what time of day they drink it, but I imagine it that the whole family drink it after long sunny day and after nice dinner, then they just drink it and instead of surfing at internet, watching tv or playing with iphone, playing video games, they have great time talking each other, about what happened that day. old grandaddy narrates some old story about cosmos or they sing some nice traditional songs about love.. all of them get super talkative and laughing, just happy vibe and nice uplifting mild euphoria :D thats how I imagine it, because to me it smokes like that with special happy family vibe. cheers.

I just have read some posts by Charlie Garcia, and indeed he did described liver smell in Mextiza. I sadly only grew a few Mextiza females (3), so maybe thats why i can't remember the liver smell. My favorite fast pheno was lemon 7up smelling, the other two plants had a similar smell, but with some undertones i can't remember anymore. The Seeds i had came from Mustafunk, so think they were from the same stock as yours. Yeah that happy friendly high is what im always after too.

A few days ago i've cut 15 clones from the CBG Oaxaca79S1 mother, let's see how long they need to root. My new tent also arrived last week (DarkRoom150), it's huge and should fit a good amount of Plants. The Oaxaca79Skull Plants also doing fine so far, already repotted them to 6.5L Pots.

CBG Oaxaca79S1
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looking nice man. Hopefully it will be nice. From the dozen plants we've tested in the lab most weren't super potent 8-11% THC on average, one around 13% and anther barely 15%. But terpene wise most people loved them because of the great appeal and sweet lemon candy catpiss smell, like a commercial hybrid. The smoke is not as clean as the sativa connoisseur would like or expect, it's not top head stash, for me it just smokes like the Mextiza, at the beggining you love it and its quite energetic but then it's no longer as stimulating as at the first days and has a warm comedown that leaves you relaxed instead of dissapearing clean without even noticing. Overall very similar to the Mextiza, just lankier branches and less productive too because of the structure.

Regarding the DNA tests, people seem to keep confused about Phylos and make crazy speculations and conclussions from their tests. Phylos only finds matches in DNA, so anything matching is just a match in some genes but doesn't necessarily mean anything regarding lineages or parentage in most cases except very particular ones. That information must be interpreted by someone with enough knowledge in regards the origin or source from those cultivars, Cannabis genepool and breeding history in order to connect the dots and possible relations, something that Phylos actually lack. It could be a true relative match or just an previous gene match, it's difficult to speculate. Let's remember that if we compare our DNA to bonobos or chimps it will match also in more than 90%.

When those matches happen in some specific cases in relation to renowned US elite clones or related cultivars, it's easy to correlate cultivar parentage and even find how many clones submitted come indeed from the same ancestral elite clones. But for the rest, just random DNA matches that often mean little. Another thing is when you try to connect samples from landraces from the same region or verify for example that Jamaican & Colombian submissions or Brazilian & West Africans share DNA info or originated within the same genepools. It's just a verification for different historical research work. The lack of verification of samples and sources makes the database mostly unusable in a big % of the cases. So most cases must be studied accordingly and with caution.

Anyway, in this specific case, the two different samples were actually coming via Charlie>Sam and ACE separately, thus the two separate IDs. Sam only received a big % of all Phylos samples at home from other people, including Charlie and myself, yet many of them still apear under Sam's submissions. The seed stock was exactly the same, the selfed Oaxacan seeds that Charlie shared with ElChischas, Ras Pablo or Budular before. I'm also pretty sure the line came in the form of S1 seeds from Canada actually, since I've been researching and connecting the dots for years and all the info pointed to a former Canadian member from the Vibes Collective who never shared clones but S1 seeds with him. He told me the whole story and said "lots of people say they get clones when it was s1 seeds". :chin:

On the other hand, when you compare this plants with untamed wispy Oaxacans like the 12 Fingers or some oldschool Mexicans, you get the picture clear, it's a NLD x BLD hybrid of some sort. The S1s are close to finish and super frosty when the untamed NLDs are barely starting to flower and don't have any trichomes yet. Just wait and see with your own eyes! ;)

1976s Oaxacan, oldschool, vigorous and elegant appereance but little trichomes and terpenes:

PccrkaO.jpg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
heh Musta reduced his post :D sure mextiza is not top sativa smoke, but for such shorter flowering time it is really nice, I love to smoke it in the morning, fact is that more in the curing, less active it gets. I crossed it with with hazes and made it top notch sativa smoke with short flowering time.. terps are unique for me, and the ones I like - little similarity to trainwreck terps, and especially content of monoterps is remarkable(responsible for long lasting aftertaste), so its great breeding tool to me..

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Looking nice man. Hopefully it will be nice. From the dozen plants we've tested in the lab most weren't super potent 8-11% THC on average, one around 13% and anther barely 15%. But terpene wise most people loved them because of the great appeal and sweet lemon candy catpiss smell, like a commercial hybrid. The smoke is not as clean as the sativa connoisseur would like or expect, it's not top head stash, for me it just smokes like the Mextiza, at the beggining you love it and its quite energetic but then it's no longer as stimulating as at the first days and has a warm comedown that leaves you relaxed instead of dissapearing clean without even noticing. Overall very similar to the Mextiza, just lankier branches and less productive too because of the structure.

Regarding the DNA tests, people seem to keep confused about Phylos and make crazy speculations and conclussions from their tests. Phylos only finds matches in DNA, so anything matching is just a match in some genes but doesn't necessarily mean anything regarding lineages or parentage in most cases except very particular ones. That information must be interpreted by someone with enough knowledge in regards the origin or source from those cultivars, Cannabis genepool and breeding history in order to connect the dots and possible relations, something that Phylos actually lack. It could be a true relative match or just an previous gene match, it's difficult to speculate. Let's remember that if we compare our DNA to bonobos or chimps it will match also in more than 90%.

When those matches happen in some specific cases in relation to renowned US elite clones or related cultivars, it's easy to correlate cultivar parentage and even find how many clones submitted come indeed from the same ancestral elite clones. But for the rest, just random DNA matches that often mean little. Another thing is when you try to connect samples from landraces from the same region or verify for example that Jamaican & Colombian submissions or Brazilian & West Africans share DNA info or originated within the same genepools. It's just a verification for different historical research work. The lack of verification of samples and sources makes the database mostly unusable in a big % of the cases. So most cases must be studied accordingly and with caution.

Anyway, in this specific case, the two different samples were actually coming via Charlie>Sam and ACE separately, thus the two separate IDs. Sam only received a big % of all Phylos samples at home from other people, including Charlie and myself, yet many of them still apear under Sam's submissions. The seed stock was exactly the same, the selfed Oaxacan seeds that Charlie shared with ElChischas, Ras Pablo or Budular before. I'm also pretty sure the line came in the form of S1 seeds from Canada actually, since I've been researching and connecting the dots for years and all the info pointed to a former Canadian member from the Vibes Collective who never shared clones but S1 seeds with him. He told me the whole story and said "lots of people say they get clones when it was s1 seeds". :chin:

On the other hand, when you compare this plants with untamed wispy Oaxacans like the 12 Fingers or some oldschool Mexicans, you get the picture clear, it's a NLD x BLD hybrid of some sort. The S1s are close to finish and super frosty when the untamed NLDs are barely starting to flower and don't have any trichomes yet. Just wait and see with your own eyes! ;)

1976s Oaxacan, oldschool, vigorous and elegant appereance but little trichomes and terpenes:

View Image

Hey Musta, yeah i hope it will be nice. I just want to grow her out once to see how she performs. I mainly want her for some nice early crosses. Indeed i know that the CBG Oax isn't a pure untamed line, it's too early. But i think i was hyped by Dubis Oaxaca79 Thread as many others were. :D The Mextiza 7 Week pheno i had for example was even faster then the Top44 clones i bought in a Cloneshop in Vienna. At Day 30 12/12 the pistils already started to get red. The resin production maybe is a different thing, when i look at MadMacs Original Haze plants they for sure are also very resinous but described as pure Sativa. Anyway, i do hope i can make a few nice crosses with the Oax79S1. I like the blown up calyxes which crosses with the Oax79/Mextiza seems to create.

I for sure will try the 12 Fingers when i have a bit more of time, as she seems to be a much longer flowering line. The 12 Fingers pictures by elschichas show some huge fat leaves to some kind, but still is very long flowering with wispy buds it seems.

What are your projects for this Year? :)

Btw: Nice looking Oax you have there! Sad she has not much smell.

Carraxe

Veteran
It is nice to know the similarities between the Mextiza and the Oaxaca '79 from somebody that has grown several of each kind. Thank you @Mustafunk. Now I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything essential in the work I'm doing with Mextiza and the other sativas I'm working with.

I've also noticed the effects you were talking about. At the beginning, when you smoke it for the first time, Mextiza appears like a different stuff to any commercial sativas you've been smoking (commercial ones like Jack Herer, Amnesia, Sour Diesel and so). Much happier, much more stimulating.

Tolerance grows quickly. Once you get used to this weed, you'll like to smoke more and more to get the same effects. Now is the moment where you feel that smoking too much Mextiza gets you to sleep.

I don't believe that can exist any sativa or sativa leaning weed that keeps you up and stimulated no matter how much do you smoke. I truly believe these weeds, Mextiza, Oaxaca '79 and similar are the closer to the perfect sativa we are going to get. Authentic landrace sativas aren't strong enough to make a real effect in somebody like me, because I am a heavy user. I've been growing and smoking these fine herbs also.

Mextiza, and I guess Oaxaca '79 as well, have the perfect amount of WLD genes to make them resinous, strong and fast without killing the nice high of a sativa. And also they yield in a reasonable time at around 8 weeks. Nothing to do with the 16-22 weeks of the real deal.

I've made many crosses with these sativas Mextiza and landraces and I've been testing several of them, and I've learnt a lot. I keep selecting the ones with the most stimulating effect, but I believe that even these, when abused, lead to body comedown.

Good luck with this Oaxaca '79 you've got there. I'll be around.

Breadwizard

I love the elegant look of that 76 Oaxacan musta, ornamental cannabis for sure, I wish it weren't so hard to get a hold of. To me growing the plant is half the fun (I come from a family of horticulturalists), and that one's got the goods.