What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto's Roundup disaster

grapeman

Veteran
I guess I'm the only one that likes and uses Roundup in this forum. Used correctly, it's a great product.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
agreeably roundup works that's the problem...it's the wrong approach, to create plants that are also poisons. they enter the food chain, bottom to top, and are toxic at every level of consumption. I despise being denied an option in what I am forced to utilize for nourishment, let alone what the environment sustains in damage.

M

Mountain

I guess I'm the only one that likes and uses Roundup in this forum. Used correctly, it's a great product.
I'm the one that started this thread and had to come back and help my friend REv with his bean sales here...there's no doubting the damage done by glyphosate use even when used 'correctly'...at least that's my understanding. You work with perennials right?

T

theJointedOne

great read mountain, very interesting info, sad too.

glad to have you back i was kinda bummed when i saw yankee grower left

hey shoot me a pm if you guys want to test some seeds outdoor big!

M

Mountain

hey shoot me a pm if you guys want to test some seeds outdoor big!
Only if you like later finishing sat dominant plants...LOL! I'm hoping to get some of REv's new beans here soon for testing but they will have to go through Old Pink and SeedBay. REv is just finishing up some very old beans of Durban Thai High Flyer...legit stock and the Durban will really shorten the flower time (finishing time actually) yet this cross is 100% sativa. These are very, very old school genetics. REv's Cherry Malawi might work nice for you. The first 30-45 minutes feels like someone slaps you upside your head every now and then...after that just a crystal clear, smooth, creative, energized ride. Good for artists, writers, etc. The cherry of the Cherry AK47 comes through in the fragrance/flavor. Not super potent but great stuff. Gotta love Malawi and African genetics in general! Cherry Malawi finishes around Oct 15th.

As for Roundup and Monsanto in general...the more this world listens to and accommodates big ag going with monoculture and manipulated genetics the closer we are to a catastrophic collapse. It's not a matter of if but when IMO if we keep going down this road.

T

theJointedOne

REv's Cherry Malawi might work nice for you. The first 30-45 minutes feels like someone slaps you upside your head every now and then...after that just a crystal clear, smooth, creative, energized ride. Good for artists, writers, etc. The cherry of the Cherry AK47 comes through in the fragrance/flavor. Not super potent but great stuff. Gotta love Malawi and African genetics in general! Cherry Malawi finishes around Oct 15th.

As for Roundup and Monsanto in general...the more this world listens to and accommodates big ag going with monoculture and manipulated genetics the closer we are to a catastrophic collapse. It's not a matter of if but when IMO if we keep going down this road.

sounds great and yeah i totally agree were on the road to destruction if things dont change fast, like now, like yesterday fast!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
if things dont change fast

nope, if we wait for "things to change" then we're doomed. Waiting after those in charge to take action will have same resutl. Time to make things to change. Time for the people to remind to the suckers above who put them in charge. Global uprising is needed, people must rise and stand for their right to live on Earth and a strong warning must be sent to political leaders. But how ?
What about "shutting down" the world ? A huge, global & peacefull 10-15 days strike, with no business open, no economic activities, grounded planes, trains kept in station, nothing, with gathering & protests all around the world, all about the same things (stop fucking up the planet, stop feasting on our blood).
Time for small people all around the world to move their ass, we must throw a war upon the suckers, before they throw a war upon us, because them foockers are preparing some big one and the day it'll come we will all be screwed while they stay safe in their shelters.
It might take 5 years, or 10, or 20 but it will come if nothing is done to prevent it and only us, "small people" can do so.

Err... sorry I went a bit far from round up, hmm maybe not so after all, round'em up ! eheh...

Irie !

grapeman

Veteran
I'm the one that started this thread and had to come back and help my friend REv with his bean sales here...there's no doubting the damage done by glyphosate use even when used 'correctly'...at least that's my understanding. You work with perennials right?

Correct. I also was given product in the early 1970's by Monsanto and participated in their studies which were used for their registration and permitting process.

Used improperly, it will also have a negative effect on perennials also, that may take up to 5 years to disappear totally.

C

Chamba

Plants that contain poisons?
hmmmmm, that's food for thought, isn't it!

and now my plate of Ma-Po Dofu at my local Sichuan restaurant just won't taste the same anymore.....Gun-in-ya! Monsanto!

Last edited:

cyat

Veteran
Grapeman you say roundup helps you but is it worth it to support a product/company that promotes the death of our planet and people? They systematically buy natural seed companies just to shut them down and make monsanto seeds the only seeds available. Seems they have people here on this website to promote their world view. You did basically say you work for them. Is it worth it to get rich and lose your soul?

On a similar note BT is a gene toxin monsanto adds to gm crops for pest resistance. People using mosquito dunks and other bt gnat remedies might want to think twice.

Also from all my research soybeans are bad for your health in many ways, extremely bad!

And..... monsanto created aspartame and got that approved by the fda along with the right to not have to label gmo foods. This was accomplished by donald rumsfeld under reagan.
aspartame is in almost all chewing gum and all diet/sugarless products

All these topics go along with the creed of the "CODEX ALIMENTARIUS"
which states among other things that there should be no food labelling, promotion of gmo products, global harmonization, and more...... I'll post a link or maybe someone else can, but conspiracies aside this document would directly benefit a company like monsanto. This document is real and used higher up in different aspects of the food industry and who knows where else.....?
Almost every prepared food, and pretty much all the huge food corps products contain gmo's

monsanto owns blackwater anyone heard of them?

blackwater is now known as Xi and is a privately owned company the family is the prince family originally made their fortunes from the patent on flip down visors w/ lights in every car ever made they are fundamentalist christians and super scary people to have a legal private army but are in no way whatsover connected to the threat that is monsanto.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Don't expect grapeman to come back to say anything unless it's some rant on why he's better than anyone who doesn't use roundup.

He's really just here to tell us the end is our friend.

But they don't pay my bills.

Fuck Monsanto.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
blackwater is now known as Xi

It's Xe Services

All these topics go along with the creed of the "CODEX ALIMENTARIUS"

Bloody Codex Alimentarius, this thing is a real threat to people, but alas it's going mostly un-noticed...

Irie !

grapeman

Veteran
so if people do not use roundup, they will starve?

No - just like all who come here think they will be successful growers of mj, most organic leaning kool-aid drinkers think they can feed themselves.

Or shop at Whole Foods.

While growing organically definitely has merit, it ain't ever gonna feed you, your family or the world.

M

Mountain

While growing organically definitely has merit, it ain't ever gonna feed you, your family or the world.
I dunno about that. I'm into nutrient programs that don't negatively affect soil microflora or worms. It's probably not organic as some would consider. Kind of based on Gary Zimmer's Biological Agriculture book. I know of a crop consultant that follows this method and his average for tomatoes is 40 lbs per plant and 60 lbs in greenhouses whereas the national average is like 10 lbs per plant...not bad for 'organic'.

Latest posts

Latest posts