What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Influencing soil microbial community with above ground plant community

What are you cultivating then?
The mushrooms I mentioned are not symbiotic with cannabis. I have had mushrooms growing without using forest duff but in bins - no-till.
Strains of Trichoderma are good anti-pathogens.
Maybe you should go ahead and experiment with the brassicas to evaluate the potential efficacy. They may prove difficult to maintain as a living mulch [depending on your purpose]. Perhaps pennycress may be short enough.

Oh I am growing cannabis, but I like to think starting big picture I guess. Not really have cannabis in mind at first, and slowly go towards it once I have the concept down.

When I worked for the government we used to evaluate stream conditions in this way: if you have a problem with the soil, plant stabalizers, if you have a problem with the plants, you need to deal with the water quality, if you have a problem with the water quality you need to deal with the land condition upstream. Kinda identify the problem, but don't focus on it. Cascading factors will lead to permanent solutions.

But yea, I may. The problem is the budget for biological assays is low.

h.h.

Veteran
Everything is related and in a parallel universe, we are quite literally shiting ourselves.
There is some degree of separation and the question really is, what is the significant impact and what are the variables?
Is it upstream or uphill or maybe just the dirty diapers at my feet?
Alas, it was all of the above and more, yet it was really the dirty diapers that kept me from the water.

Latest posts

Latest posts