What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

plants turned orange early

terrier

hi guys I've only been in flower for four weeks. and the hairs on the plants have turned orange early looks like they ready to cut. they pineapple chunk don't think I grow them again. is it smokable after just four weeks buds very small. many thanks for any replys

terrier

thanks for the reply's guys. nico farmer the temps are hitting 80 but we got a heat wave at the moment. my other 3 plants are fine. jellyfish they in a tent and I got a 600w hps on them they in 12 litre buckets but 3 have stretched like hell.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
start looking for balls somewhere...
Stress produced male flowers would be a good guess. If only one plant is affected I'd look more toward heat stress than anything. Different genetics react in different ways.

I use a scope to look at how many amber trichomes there are and chop between 5 and 15% amber. Count 20 trichomes on the main flowers themselves (not the frosty leaves poking out) in a few places and average the number of amber trichomes you find.

1 amber in 20 is 5% amber. 2 is 10% and 3 is 15%. I recommend chopping any new strain between 5% and 20% to see what you like best. Over 15% usually makes it sleepy and overripe for me, see what you find best for you. :)

Cork144

low humidity or high heat, looking at the hairs is a terrible way to tell, ive had strains that went orange in 5 weeks and the remaining four weeks did nothing but produce new white pistols,

picture.php

picture.php

madalasatori

Veteran
A lot of it is due to geneteics, I had a white widow do this at week 5, no hermies or anything just one of its characteristics

pipp

I normally get a lot of brown hairs around 5 weeks but agree at the moment heat stress may have caused a couple of male flowers. Properly scour the buds especially around where most brown hairs are and look for an odd male flower hidden away.

Latest posts

Latest posts