What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neptune Harvest K.I.S.S

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
:huggg:I really have become interested in Neptune Harvest. Figured Id make a thread to see others who already use.

I'm wondering how many of you guys out here try the "Organics for beginners" method with 0-0-1 Seaweed, 5-1-1 Fish emulsion, Neptune 2-3-1, and Neptunes 2-4-1..... I'm eyeballing the Tomato&Veg 2-4-2, and Rose&Flower 2-6-4 for a more all in one approach.

The Tomato&veg, and Rose&Flower include Fish\Kelp\Seaweed\Yucca extract\Humic acids\Molasses which I figured is a little more all in one, and rich....

What do you guys think... Should I consider the 4 bottle method recommended in the organic for beginner thread, or the 2 bottle method of Tomato&Veg + Rose&Flower :huggg:

Thanks for taking the time to read!!

Please Post any Pics solely using Neptune Harvest.

Lets see them Organic beautys!!!!! Post away!!

:huggg: :dance013: :peacock:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Ok, so I'm still figuring out my medium {Promix Bx apparently has a non-organic wetting agent}.

I have some Neptune's Harvest stuff on the way.
*Crab & lobster shell 5-3-0
*Kelp meal 1-0-2
*Tomato\Veg 2-4-2
*Rose\Flower 2-6-4

I'm debating now on maybe going with a Perlite\Vericulite mix. We'll see soon, I honestly can't afford to right now. I may have to use the Promix i have left over.
I'd like to test a top dressing, and bottom dressing in 3:1 Perlite\Vermiculite Hempy style with no holes in the bottom, but a overflow hole on the side instead. So that there is a reservior at the bottom. That would have the crab\kelp meal layer in the flood\res zone. Plus I'd have liquid fish\kelp\yucca\humate\molasses to keep things diverse, and saturated with carbs.

Easy7

Veteran
% analysis on the nutrients are deceptive. They only show water is water soluable. No biggie really. Sometimes bottled nitrients are seductive. Neptunes harvest is a good line. Bottles are just expensive. They can grow good stuff though. It's just that the prive won't go far usually. As well as liquids can be hard to take to a grow verses dry and ph'ing them. I started with bottles because of hydro. Tech wasn't all there yet and either were funds. Learned a lot!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Are you growing indoors or out?

I'm an organic gardener...No pretentiousness here, I just don't want to eat or smoke chemicals...
I've been using Neptune's Harvest fish and seaweed liquid for 4 years now in all my outdoor gardens..
Veggie raised beds and at the secret garden... I'm convinced it has helped more than just a little...

Last year and this year I also started using their crab shell and the kelp meal...
I know for almost sure that the crab shell fully prevented blossom end rot in all my tomatoes...

I buy the 5 gallon bucket of fish fertilizer and the 50 lb bag of crab shell and the kelp meal..
Yeah, it's a bit expensive, but it's enough for 2 years for all my veggie raised beds and for the secret garden....

Easy7

Veteran
Chemicals are cheap and they are too complicated to make choices for me. It all comes down to choice and whats easy and justifies the money spent. Some people grow fine weed with chems. Trick is having healthy plants. I find dry organics easy as short bus homework. It's just spendy.

Important to know what things are and always take considerations. If someone gave me neptunes harvest or earth juice I'd find a use for those. It's that bottled nutrients are ph'd for preservation. I'm not as into ph pens these days. Too much bottled nutrients with ph'ing is very active.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, it doesn't get cheaper, or more simple than Maxibloom powder with Ph drops+$10 ec meter.......
Its just with terps in mind, and quality vs quantity. Organic is the way.
We shall see what this week entails

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Go with the 2-4-2 and 2-6-4. Those NPK ratios are good for veg and bloom. Make sure to check the labels to be sure there is a suitable amount of calcium and magnesium so you don't get into problems during flowering. If not you could add dolomite lime, oyster shell, or epsom salt to the soil mix.

I'm a big fan of Roots Organics liquid and dry organic products. I can't say enough about Catalyst and HPK (0-4-3), both are wonderful. The same can be said about Earth Juice.

Best of luck,

-Funk

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, I have some epsom salt, dolomite lime.... The crab & lobster has plenty of calcium.

Right now ive got seedlings in

Promix Bx
Ewc
crab & lobster meal
Kelp meal
dolomite lime

Everything looking sexy.. I'll get some updates soon. I ended up getting the 2-4-2 Veg, and 2-6-4 Flower liquid nutes too from Neptune Harvest.. Loving it so far.

I'm a big fan of Neptune's Harvest. I run recyled living organic soil and only use the Tomato & veg once in veg and the Rose & flower once in flower. It's like hitting the turbo button on the plants.:yay:

Muleskinner

Veteran
I'm using Neptune's Harvest kelp meal that comes in a bag, it's great stuff. I much prefer dry nutrients in the soil to bottled organic nutes. Once you figure out the right amount of dry nutes to add you'll never burn the plants again.

When I used bottled I'd always keep adding more until they burned. By mixing dry nutes in the soil and watering with plain water I burn the plants way less these days. For me Neptune's is a great local company, I would try their crab shell meal but I'm using Lobster Meal from another local company Coast of Maine.