What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How does this organic mix sound?

Hello all, I would like your opinions on my organic no-till mix I wish to use. Here is what I will use for 15 gallon pot's.

5 gallon peat moss
4 gallon Organic soil (planting soil little ingrediants)
4 gallons quality EWC
1 gallon coco fibre
several bags Dried rice hulls and lava rocks for aeration

1 cup organic Kelp meal
4 cups natural basalt Rock dust
2 cups oyster shell flour
2 cups organic gypsum
1 cup Insect frass

3 to 4 cups of Build A Soil "Craft blend Nutrient Pack". for all additional inputs.

Does this ratio and ingredients sound about right for a nice grow?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i think you are heavy on your amendments except the kelp
but overall, shit, should work real well after 2-3 runs to break it in
unless you cook that a good 6 months, you gone be hotter than cootsmix recipe from BAS
which is my recipe - and it was hot as fuck after a 60 day cook , took me my third round to get it dialed

Well the nutrient pack from Build A Soil says to re-amend your soil use 2 cups per cf of soil and the NPK they say with just the nutrient pack is roughly 5.4.4 which is light I thought so little extra inputs maybe would help, guess I could top dress with the nutrients as well.

Thanks crowder guess it's best to cook it awhile first.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
its hot, your soils hot
you dont have a lot of details
im eduguessing
really would suggest you pic a recipe and just stick to it if you just getting
started in organix
they are built for specific shit you might have onhand and they are built to get atl least 6 runs from without anything but water

more aint better in soil or hydro more is asking for trouble 99% of the time

h.h.

Veteran
NPK ratios only address what is immediately available, not what is available over time. Organic products will almost always display lower numbers. Don't get hung up on the values or the brand for that matter. Epsoma is pretty much as good as anything.

Not to discourage their use but note, the rice hulls will break down with time and will need to be replaced.

Latest posts

Latest posts