What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stardawg Grow

Blazeee

Veteran
This is my 2nd time running this cut of the Stardawg, on my first run i had to chop everything early at 7.5 weeks as there was some budrot on a different plant in the tent. From that run i was able to pull 2.5 oz from a 20L pot. This time im planning to let them go 9-10 weeks and the goal is 3 per plant, i probably wont get that though.

Growing in a 3x4 tent, 6 plants, 5 Stardawgs and 1 granola funk i found from my last run (orange pheno, #3). I was hoping to fill the tent with 6 stardawgs however ive been having some problems with my clones not rooting recently, turns out my clonex went out of date at the start of this year. Well ive got a new bottle so hopefully there shouldnt be any more issues in the future. This is my first attempt at a scrog, i think the holes in the net may be too large though, ive got 3 nets in the tent, its probably overkill but atleast there will be plenty of support for the colas. If anyone's curious about the lack of fan leaves, i did some defoliation before these pictures were taken.

As for lighting im using a D papillon 630w CMH, currently being ran at 315w however i plan to turn it up to 70%/440w in a around week 2-3 12/12. I also have a gavita 600/750 in there being ran at 400w for a total of 715w/59w per sq ft.
For the past few runs i have just been using the D papillon at 70/85% as my tent is only 6ft tall, i lose a ft of headroom because the ballast is attatched to the lamp and it gets a bit too hot at 630w. I already had the Gavita before i bought the D papillon and since i got the d papillon its just been sat there not being used so i figured because its getting colder over here why not try stick both lights in the tent.
I know this light setup is also completely overkill for my tent but fuck it, ive not ran in to any issues yet and if i do i will just take one of them out, probably the gavita.

The plants are in 20L pots of Biobizz Allmix and i think they had 3-4 weeks veg, yesterday was day 7 12/12. Plants are currently being fed:
Biobizz Bio grow 1ml per L
Aptus start boost 0.5 ml per 2L
PlantMagic CalMag 1ml per L
Canna terra flores 1ml per L

I plan to introduce AN bigbud at week 2
Grotec Monster bloom at week 2.5-3
Slowly increase the amount of terra flores Per L
Drop the Biogrow and startboost around week 2.5-3

Heres some shots of the tent taken yesterday - day 7 12/12, im also planning to get a better camera after christmas. The short one on the front left is the granola, she had less veg time than the stardawgs, i think this one may let me down slightly.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
[/url]

Heres a pic of the Stardawg from the first time i ran her

picture.php

And heres one of the Granola funk, she wasnt the best yielder but shes got a crazy orange smell and taste, i did find a better lemon candy pheno, #11, which i also kept however i didnt have any extra cuts to throw in this round.

picture.php

Ive also got a male granola funk that i put in the tent yesterday, the plan is to remove him in 10 days or so once he starts showing sacks, then move him elsewhere to collect the pollen. I know i should have flowered him sooner, i just didnt get round to it. Hopefully i should still be able to get some seeds this run though and if i do i will make sure to send some in to the server fund. If anyone's got any tips or advice, feel free to comment and let me know. I will make sure to update this each week.

mango420

Luv that stardawg! Such solid buds. Just wondering why you are planning to run 2 bloom boosters at the same time?? Monster bloom should be used later in flower, week 6+.

Blazeee

Veteran
I will be honest with you, right now im using a nutrient recipe my mate gave me, which he normally uses for the cheese, ive been feeding it this feed for the last couple of runs now and i noticed an improvement from my usual results so i kept up with it. I noticed a couple of strains, like my lemon haze cut dont like it, especially the shooting powder, however it seemed to work alright on the stardawg and the cheese. Anyway heres the feed

Aptus startboost
Biogrow
Superthrive
Plant magic CalMag
Terra Flores
An Big Bud - weeks 2-4
Monster Bloom Weeks 3-7 ish
Canna PK 13/14 - week 5 - 2/3 feeds
FFoF Beastie Bloomz - once in week 5 and once in week 6 and maybe once in week 7
Shooting powder once in week 6 and once in week 7
Flush from 7-9

I had questions about the recipe he gave me at first, like i thought the monster bloom and the beastie bloomz were the same thing, and when i look at the list i am feeding them alot but they seem to be taking it okay, ive just noticed some strains act funny after i hit them with the shooting powder, im thinking about dropping that one. This feed works alot better than the previous one i was using in flower which was just terra flores, biobizz topmax, canna pk13/14 and AN overdrive.

I havent noticed any problems with starting to feed the monster bloom at week 3, judging from my list then do you think i would be better off dropping the beastie bloomz and introducing the monster bloom later?

When it comes to the nutrients ive got a vague idea of what im doing, but i will admit im not the most clued up so any help would be appreciated. Ive not had any visible signs of any deficiencies or nute burn since i started using this feed though, i did have a slight cal mag issue on my previous run however i was able to fix that.

:tiphat:

Blazeee

Veteran
Day 14 12/12

Plants have started to hit the 3rd screen, I raised the lights up to the highest they can go and turned the CMH up to 70% / 440w and the gavita is still at 400w.

The GF#3 is getting close to hitting the 2nd screen and the GF#6 male is 1 week in to 12/12 only just starting to show his sex, i will move him out of the tent soon when he starts showing pollen sacks.

So far im pretty happy with the way things are going, i dont think the stardawgs will stretch too much more, i just wish i had 1 more stardawg in there instead of that GF#3.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Day 21 12/12

Day 21 12/12

Day 21 12/12

After i turned the cmh up last week i turned it back down as it as getting too hot in the tent, the stardawgs are coming along nicely, the granola funk hasn't quite hit the 2nd screen yet, going to give them some monsterbloom today.

I also picked up a new camera this week along with some new clones and some samples of both of them, from what i saw the clones look like they have potential, they are utopia haze and a lemon haze cut. Now i already have a lemon haze cut so it will be interesting to see how these two preform side by side, its definitely a different cut from the one i have now, and from the sample i saw it looks like it buds up better than the one i currently have so i think i might run it next round. The utopia haze also looked good however the smell and taste wasnt all there, i might let one of my mates run it first to see how it comes out like.

The GF#6 Male is at 14 days 12/12 and is starting to produce alot of sacks, he looks like he will start dropping pollen soon, so i need to move him out of the tent soon, ive probably got another few days until he does though.

The other week I also got to smoke some Super Orange Glue samples that my mate grew from lady sativa genetics, so i am definately getting clones of them, there was the #1 pheno that stunk of orange peel and there was the #5 pheno, she was definately more glue leaning, some of the strongest stuff i have smoked in a while and she had amazing bud structure, Hopefully they should be ready for me in the new year so i can try and run the #5 in the next round.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I plan on running a Stardog hybrid when I've got the space in my veg tent.

Hey there GastroGrower, thanks for dropping by, i would highly recommend the running the stardawg / any hybrids, shes definitely up there with some of the best that i have smoked and i really enjoyed growing her last time.

Day 21 12/12

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Some bud shots of the Granola funk from last round

GF#3 Orange Pheno - the one im running this round

picture.php

GF#11 Lemon candy pheno

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Day 28 12/12

Day 28 12/12

Day 28 12/12

The stardawgs are coming along nicely although i think some of the tops are too close to the lights and are suffering from light bleaching, other than that they are doing good. The GF#3 is doing terrible, i put her in way too small, she didnt want to stretch and you cant even notice her, shes half the size of the stardawgs and is getting shaded out completely, i will probably end up pulling her early when i run out of smoke.

Over the past week i moved the GF#6 male in to the veg tent and have been pulling him out at night to make sure he gets 12/12. A few days ago i noticed pollen sacks starting to open so over the past few days i have been plucking the sacks off and disecting them to collect the pollen, however i have to be very careful when doing this making sure to puck the sacks off at the right time just before they are about to open, other wise if you pluck the sacks too early there may not be pollen inside some of them.

Over the past 3 days i have pollinated a few branches at the front of the tent and tagged them with red electrical tape. The pistils have changed colour on the buds i pollinated from white to amber/red, this means they have took the pollen and should start producing seeds.

Hopefully i have not fucked up and dont end up seeding the whole tent out, i have noticed where a bit of pollen must have fallen and hit the gf#3, other than that im hoping everything will be alright and im not finding random seeds in branches i didn't pollinate.

Day 28 12/12
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

These last 2 pics you can see where i dusted them with the pollen and the pistils have changed colour
picture.php
picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
Thanks Mack, i know the lights overkill for such a small tent, after this run i will be going back to just the CMH, the temps arent too bad right now though and im doing good for watts per sq/ft at 59.6w watts per sq/ft. Unfortunately i dont have the space for a larger tent at the minute, hopefully things might change next year.

Btw im open to any and all advice, if you can see where im going wrong or fucking up, or if theres anything i could do to currently improve the way im doing things then feel free to let me know

:tiphat:

Blazeee

Veteran
Day 43/44 12/12

Day 43/44 12/12

Heres some pics from day 43/44 12/12, the stardawgs coming along nicely, theres a few tops that are light bleached / slightly burnt but other than that its looking good.

Theres also some pics of the branches i pollinated

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Blazeee

Veteran
bro that looks like a special 1...whats the nose like on it?

Thanks mate, the smells hard to describe, i would say more of a chem smell, similiar to the og chem i ran from csg ages ago, but she stinks. Heres some pics of the same cut that i helped my mate chop down, he grew this one in an RDWC system, pics are at 7 weeks 2 days 12/12. I hope i can get mine to bud up like his, if not i might have to play around with RDWC.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php