What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm a Murderer!!

brown_thumb

That's right... I'm a horrific killer of my poor cannabis plants. I just can't get anything right. Even if a plant survives my ignorant abuses to grow a meter high, I make another huge mistake. I've lost a small fortune in seeds.

I'm not asking for help... just want to bitch and cry in open forum. I can search and find answers. Maybe I'm too stupid to absorb, organize and effectualize the information I need to not KILL my plants.

I think I need a hug. :cry: :comfort:

no you need to read more books and grow more cannabis eventually you'll have a better idea of what you're doing...you learn from your mistakes, or at least you can. Even professionals kill plants. Your job is to mitigate the risk.

brown_thumb

well, you may or may not get some hugs here. But you can get some advice anyway.

What is your setup like?

I have a lean-to green house which is really just a metal-frame with opaque white corrugated siding for the sole purpose of hiding the grow while allowing in some diffused light. I'm in south Texas so it gets very hot here in summer months and the mid-day sun can be blistering hot. The greenhouse panels have UV protective coating but I've added supplemental full-spectrum LED lights with some UV output. This hasn't been the problem though because I started with open outside growing and killed just as many plants.

It seems that whatever I'm doing wrong is less deadly to some strains than others. The last set was five each Fem Cherry Bomb and Fem Tora Bora (no longer available??). All the Tora Bora seedlings seem to be doing okay but I killed all the Cherry Bomb. I haven't a clue why some strains do better than others.

Again, I'm not asking for help because I can research for the information I need. I started this thread to bitch and whine.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Learn from your mistakes....we've ALL made them. Next grow(s) will be better if you pay attention to what you did incorrectly in the first place.

brown_thumb

Learn from your mistakes....we've ALL made them. Next grow(s) will be better if you pay attention to what you did incorrectly in the first place.

I know you're right. I'm also learning what strains seem to be able to survive my abuses. So far those are White Widow and Tora Bora. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find Tora Bora seeds lately.

DJXX

Veteran
trial and error...and mostly patience...don't over think it....it will come ...how long have you been growing/killing plants..DJXX

brown_thumb

trial and error...and mostly patience...don't over think it....it will come ...how long have you been growing/killing plants..DJXX

Approximately five months. I'm a complete dumb-ass newb. And BTW, I've always killed everything I've ever tried to grow. These failures are far more costly than others.

I think I might be cursed. ;)

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Best advice. KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Good premixed soil. A simple A.B feed. And dont overwater ore underwater.

Its weed. It grows much easier then tomato.s

brown_thumb

Best advice. KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Good premixed soil. A simple A.B feed. And dont overwater ore underwater.

Its weed. It grows much easier then tomato.s

I'm so bad at this... everything I want to grow, I kill. And everything I want to kill, grows.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Karma G has it set up for you....Good premixed soil. A simple A.B feed. And dont overwater ore underwater.

I say good premixed soil, add extra perlite and some organic matter (blood, bone, alfalfa, mushroom compost the easiest) and have water sit overnight (if on city tap). No need to dink with fertilizers. Adequate light 18/6, then 12/12 when you get to bud stage.... SIMPLE!

O

OG Tree Grower

These plants thrive on neglect , sounds like your trying to hard or you have bad water

Levitationofme

Well a few months into this and it could be worse. My first grows ended in the mulch pile. Where several of them fuckers grew right out of the bin. Now those plants were tough bastages. I topped them and used the tops as clones. My first sucess.

T

TreehouseJ

I feel your pain, brother. I am Mj's Dr. Kevorkian. My plants will f*cking die if I look at them the wrong way. I just had to learn to walk away and let them fend for themselves. I've spent a couple years in Texas, and that heat will melt the soles off your shoes.. I might not survive 14 hours in the backyard on some of those Texas summer days either.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
You could save yourself some money by trying a few dry runs with bag seed.

smithsutton1968

I remember back in 2002 I started with DWC I first spent about a month searching for the ones that had the successful grows and did exactly to the letter what they did and had zero problems jackerspakles abuse chart's helped also so keep it up 😊 and do the research u do fine I did as some of the old timers will tell ya

DJXX

Veteran
Approximately five months. I'm a complete dumb-ass newb. And BTW, I've always killed everything I've ever tried to grow. These failures are far more costly than others.

I think I might be cursed. ;)
Hy Mr Thumb...look in here at the KISS method...its Keep it Simple Sweet...i think?....but anyways its using MaxiBloom for veg and bloom...so easy...look at the thread...only five months you are probably better than you think...and learning every day....when i first came on here i was on line on here 8 hours a day...just wait til you start killin it...get that negative jargin out of your mouth...keep trying,,,wish i was near you, i would help you get past this..any questions at all just PM me..if i can't help i can find you someone that can...DJXX

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
We know you got big balls because you're growing outside in Tejas! Yee haw!