What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombia - Punto rojo

satva

Veteran

Punto Rojo - Gold pheno-type "The Blissful One" 3 month cure and early flowering on the summer soltise.
Aromas are hazy - cedar, citrus, frankincense. + 20 weeks of flowering. Wispy flowers.

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - gold phenotype "The Blissful One"

Punto Rojo - gold phenotype "The Blissful One"

Punto Rojo - 1 gold phenotype has my favorite high, so named "The Blissful One". +20 weeks of flowering. Haze growth, very branchy, thin leaf, asymmetrical branching, long flowering, Long wispy colas. No real clusters of calyxes that we'd call buds.

Spiritual High is felt in the Crown charka top of the head awareness. Trippy sense of space and awareness. This one is blissful, peaceful, nice soft energy flow, clean, clear very expansive. High is centered and focused enough for meditation. No negatives in the high or after high.

Punto Rojo -1 is similar to ColJam high. Punto Rojo high is more euphoric, and fun. ColJam can be a bit intense.

The high from Punto Rojo -1 One of the classic early 1970's South American highs: psychedelic, euphoric, pleasurable, feel good high.

Benefits from a long cure 4 - 6 months.

The high is uplifting and felt in the crown chakra / top of the head. Its a mellow but other worldly high. Things are moving around with blissful waves of sensation its a very pleasurable.

light green / gold in late flower

two month cure, probably needs + 5 months.

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - 3 - "Juicy Lucy"

Punto Rojo - 3 - "Juicy Lucy"

Punto Rojo - 3 - Rainbow - maroon and green + 18 weeks flowering

Sweet tropical fruit aroma in flower and cured + 4 months Aromas of guava, mango, papaya. Guava are the first vapors you get on low temeprature ~ exquisite .

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - 3 " Juicy Lucy"

Punto Rojo - 3 " Juicy Lucy"

Colombian Punto Rojo - 3 " Juicy Lucy"

Flowering 18 - 19 weeks. Sweetest tropical fruit aroma - guava, mango, papaya. Best flowering structure of CBG Punto Rojo phenotypes- froms almost what you'd call colitas. Not as vigorous as Punto Rojo -1. Punto Rojo-1 has wispy flowers everywhere.

Punto Rojo -3 has a clearer and more spiritual high. ColJam and Punto Rojo are energetic for meditation, unless you're really good at it. Then it can be blissful! With Punto Rojo 3 Juicy Lucy, you're more likely to sit in one place for awhile.

Classic 1970's high. Feel good euphoric, life is groovy feeling. Not as trippy and other worldly as Punto Rojo - "The Blissful One" and ColJam.

The high is clean, clear, spacious, feel good, with expansive sensory awareness, euphoric, with a nice energy flow.

This one is very enjoyable and makes everything feel better. Better focus and not thought provoking, I like that! Very smooth pleasurable high with no stone and no comedown. Long lasting high. Smoke this one and you'll have fun!

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - various phenotypes

Punto Rojo - various phenotypes

Various pheno-types of Punto Rojo all close to harvest time.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehe, because of you satva, I have my second pack of Punto Rojo coming. Those buds are so delicate. I guess very little weight for all the time spent but worth it.

I would like you to give the Mangobiche a try if you have not. Heavier buds anyways.

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - 4 " - Wild Child"

Punto Rojo - 4 " - Wild Child"

Punto Rojo -4 was crossed with Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread male.

Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread male

Most Punto Rojo has a sweet tropical fruit aroma in flower. This one is spicy, pepper, cedar similar aroma, high, and flowering structure similar to Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread (ColJam). ColJam grows like Punto Rojo - 1 ~ branches everywhere.

"Wild Child" could go on flowering forever. + 24 weeks of flowering. First harest at about 19 weeks. The high mellowed at +22 weeks. It's mellow, but psychedelic. ColJam can be too energetic and intense.

Punto Rojo -4 growth and flowering structure is similar to Colombian Gold phenotype in ColJam.

"Wild Child" x ColJam fell in love.

Very wispy flowers aromas - cedar, citrus, frankincense.

satva

Veteran
Punto Rojo - 2 - "Maroon Bells "

Punto Rojo - 2 - "Maroon Bells "

Punto Rojo -2 " Maroon Bells"

17 weeks of flowering. If you select Punto Rojo for the shortest flowering pheno you'll get phenos similar to this one, maybe a purple one. I did not find the purple one.

Clear, cerebral high, with good energy flow. Not as euphoric, fun loving, and psychedelic as the + 20 week Punto Rojo phenotypes. The high is felt in forehead around the eyes. Heightened awareness of vision and sounds/music. Visual light trails. Clear, energetic and motivational high no comedown. You get things done. Just di it! Punto Roo -2 lacks the magic found the other phenotypes.

The cleanest and clearest Punto Rojo high. Its a cerebral vibration similar to Colombian Gold that's trippy, but introspective. Not a groovey, fun loving high.

satva

Veteran
Zacatecas Purple ~ Torreon Violet ~ Punto Rojo

Zacatecas Purple ~ Torreon Violet ~ Punto Rojo

Maroon varieties like Punto Rojo, Zacatecas Purple often have a spiritual high. Nothing wrong with that! Big Sur Holy Weed. The Holy part comes from a Purple Mexican sativa like Zacatecas Purple or Torreon Violet.

Good heavens, Punto Rojo has spiritual high, whatever that means............

Big Sur Holy Weed - [Zacatecas Purple x Afganistan] Zacatecas Purple is what makes it Holy.

Maroon cannabis pictures from others, and an excerpt from a Snowhigh post at Cannabiogen Club

Zihuatanejo Purple, perhaps photoshopped a bit.

Punto Rojo grown by others from Cannabiogen Club

Cannabiogen Punto Rojo grown by me

excerpt from a Snowhigh post

"I hope that the Mexican cultivars of old will return again. So much was lost, many family generations of growing family cannabis lines. I believe a lot of the mythical cannabis lines like Haze were comprised of mainly Mexican lines. Like the Purple Haze phenos, well it could be Colombian purple phenos but from my research and talking to people in the know. Some of the Purple phenos in say Old Timers Haze I believe is actually genetics from Zihuatanejo Purple which seeds were brought to the areas around the Big Sur Mountains which is below Santa Cruz down the coast of California.

Coincidentally the strain called Big Sur Holy Weed had Zacatecas Purple or Torreon Violet in its genetics. So the Delores Purple could have also been what people were calling now, Zacatecas Purple or Torreon Violet.
"

Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Colombian Love Fest

Colombian Love Fest

The Punto Rojo females were crossed with Punto Rojo to make F2. and crosses with males. Punto Rojo smokes nicely as a blend with Copalita Oaxacan. Oaxacan softens the intensity of the Punto Rojo high.

Punto Rojo

SamS - Haze x Skunk

Destroyer x (1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry)

(1980 Colombian Gold x 1960 Jamaican Lambsbread) x 1980 Colombian Gold

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

I have 7 in the hoophouse ONE is starting to push pistils the rest nothing. Soon we will know the terpene profile of Punto Rosa I will test each one I am able to keep as a mother. Expecting to test at least half.

satva

Veteran
Hey MountZionCollec, you've got a dream operation.

Punta Rosa Panama (3 varieties) x Colombian Punto Rojo should work well for you. I saw pictures of your Punto Rojo in vegetation - I hope Punto Rojo works for you. Destroyer x Punto Rojo should work.

Makes sense you'd like the Destroyers that grow up; and not sideways and down. I laughed at culling Destroyers that don't know up from down! That's probably a Thai phenotype - one I'd like. Charlie Garica started with nine Highland Thai females, some more tropical NLD than others. The original father was a 1960's Mexican x Colombian which would be South American ~ Christmas Tree growth with symmetrical branching. Later, Destroyer's father was a Thai male phenotype. If you introduce Colombian NLD or Mexican NLD, you'll get phenotypes closer to the original breeding concept of: Thai x Mexican x Colombian.

Andersonthcv

saludos! despues de un tiempo sin actualizar regreso
con unas corinto y mas
(regards! after a while without updating return with a corinto and more)

Comenzar con este pequeño jardín de sativas colombianas(Start with this little garden of Colombian sativas)

comienzo con este pequeño pino de corinto caucana
(start with this small pine caucana corinto)

Andersonthcv

flores en seco de corinto caucana un pegue muy energico y euforico
con flores muy aireadas
caucana dry flowers corinto a very strong sticking and euforico with very airy flowers

por ultimo los dejo con esta santa marta gold
finally I leave you with this Santa Marta gold :peacock:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Andersonthcv, what country are you in if you do not mind? Which of the Colombians is best for you? Which of the Colombians gives the most psychedelic effect?

Andersonthcv

sativas colombianas

sativas colombianas

por aca voy a mostraerles unas sativas colombianas me sorprenden lo resistentes y lo vigoroas a pesar de los pocos cuidados
(around here will mostraerles a Colombian sativas surprised me how resilient and vigoroas despite little care)

corinto caucana

Latest posts

Latest posts