What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shaggy's Guide to Hormones used in Cannabis

geoffo

Is that rank taste like hemp wood and greeny?

Im honestly not sure as ive not had the taste problem myself, someone told me it was from overapplication another said spraying organics on buds caused the vile taste. Most people cut its use out at end of week3, a few go to week5.

It must be the seaweed itself not the tria or brassinolide alone or id taste it in my weed as i use tri upto flush. Ive just used the brassinolide on a plant with 2 week left to try something out so il see if that picks up a taste.

G

GYOweed

You should try harpin. Noticeably makes them greener, perk up, and i believe makes it more oily but i needa do more samples.
69ppm SA w/ feed about every 3-4 watering alternating with tidal shellfish extract hast hurt either. When u cure weed and it still puts France n oil on ure finger without removing the thricomes meams good shit

G

GYOweed

Im honestly not sure as ive not had the taste problem myself, someone told me it was from overapplication another said spraying organics on buds caused the vile taste. Most people cut its use out at end of week3, a few go to week5.

It must be the seaweed itself not the tria or brassinolide alone or id taste it in my weed as i use tri upto flush. Ive just used the brassinolide on a plant with 2 week left to try something out so il see if that picks up a taste.

That black ink powder stuff yea full of auxins many say it makes their flower keep putting out long white pistils even late in flower so i experimented and it was true but i didnt do enough to make it none coincidental

geoffo

chlormequat brassinolide triacontaol

chlormequat brassinolide triacontaol

The pgrs i used on this plant.
The plant was a smaller last minute addition to infill a canopy gap but i did have heat issues so it stretched a little. Once i was happy with the canopy it filled i added chlormequat twice early in flower, @ day 12 and 17.
Brassinolide was added throughout when i thought most wanted, about once a week. Thats the other reason for the added stretch.
Day 61 i pulled this plant, little early but needed the space to finish the rest.

All the buds on entire plant well developed dense and mature. Quite uniform. Plenty of trichomes.

Thered no bad taste ive already tested it. Pine like smell in the air, slightly peppery n warming when inhaled.

This was the smallest plant when i started but the one i added chlormequat too late on has ended up been the smallest-least yielding. Its plainly visible. So id personally not try add it past the third week. This plants last addition was about 30 days in 12/12. Of the 8 plants i grew the earlier the chlormequat was added the better, 8-12 days. A second addition a week later was given 2 limit growth in a couple plants with positive effects so i repeated in all. No noticeable benefits after that in the test plant so i ceased in applying more.
25-70PPM was what i used.

Triacontanol was added every watering or foliar feed.

Its critical kush btw for those interested.

Ive grown very similar looking plants before using seaweed as source for tria and brassinolide, and ANs budblood flowering initiator ( the old one theyve changed formula i think) and the rest been standard NPK feed with really good yields so i might have a pop at more of a SOG once temps drop outside

Attachments

• 20200719_133028.jpg
    20200719_133028.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20200720_010658.jpg
    20200720_010658.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 91

geoffo

Two plants i dosed with chlormequat on day 8 12/12 1ml per litre. effect was dramatic, flowering initiated vigourously and aggressively. 2nd dose day 10 no effect was noticeable on top of the first dose.
3rd dose applied around 10days later 1/2ml per litre.

Its given me buds the size of coke cans. From the word go the 2 plants jumped ahead of the other clones and never looked back. Week 3 flower looked like week5-6.
Theyre going to yield a third to half more than any of the other 6 plants, @ 8-10oz each.

The third picture of a bud i wanted to show what happens when too much brassinolide is added. The flower grows outwards and begins to foxtail. The one pictured the issue was a combination of too much brass and too much light/heat stress.

The last picture was the plant i applied chlormequat too later in in flower, 4-5week in. It went from one of the best to worst. It just stopped growing. Buds are extremely tight n dense. flowers failing to open properley. Ive left it till last minute to confirm to myself this is the chlormequat effect and this last week began adding an increasing dose of brassinolide to try overcome the chlormequat.
I quickly found a dose what works well and bud development has resumed day 67 flower, in the sense the buds are now growing similar to the previous pic with bunches of pistils showing and pushing right out. Theyre also starting swelling nicely. Too late to rescue fully this plant but a combination foliar feed of glycerin 1ml l triacontanol 10-30ppm npk 12.5 25 25 160ppm 20ppm potassium silicate with an unknown ppm quantity of brassinolide ( i used 5-6 small crystal grains in 15litres having stepped up incrementally from 1 grain each watering until i could see a response)

The glycerin and potassiun silicate help prevent mold.

I upped the triacontanol dose curious about the branching response at higher doses and have been rewarded with doubling of the pistil bunches emerging from the flower. from eg 8 pistils in 1 bunch theres 2 bunches of 8 pistils emerging although the excess brassinolide may also be playing a part.

Ive had quite a bit of stem elongation and also leaf sets have been pushed right out greened up and started powering the buds. The stems elongations actually helped really. Made space between dense tight buds and opened up the plant to more light from more angles.

The bad taste people speak of regarding using seaweed particularly later on must be from the organic, i cant taste anything amiss with using the brassinolide or tria late on.

Bud quality regarding taste and thc levels is really good, pgrs havnt had a negative effect there.

Yields are going to be good, just over 8oz dried and cured from the 2 smallest plants so far, the remaining 6 are twice that size

Attachments

• 20200725_091434.jpg
    20200725_091434.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200725_091446.jpg
    20200725_091446.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200725_074912.jpg
    20200725_074912.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200725_091340.jpg
    20200725_091340.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 117
G

GYOweed

The only synthetic PGR I have is Bap6 after extensive research, i will stop at week 4 all PGRs i dont wanna fuck these up.
https://growdiaries.com/diaries/701...strawberry-sorbet-ibl-grow-journal-by-gyoweed

I made L of 300ppm bap6 and Tria 25ppm using dmso and iso to dissolve first and then RO.

I hit it with full dose above using a mist bottle, then half (150ppm/13ppm) few days before flip.

Here they are https://growdiaries.com/diaries/701...strawberry-sorbet-ibl-grow-journal-by-gyoweed
At this rate (8-9 week strains), I should have decent nugs but is there any advantage to using PGRs now to aid in flowering and stop stretch?

I have IAA, GA, 6-BAP, Brass, kelp extract powder, and Ethephon.
Im guessing auxins and gib are out of the question during flower.

G

GYOweed

Also, what if I only hit the shorter middle branches, will they stretch or will the rest also?

Latest posts

Latest posts