What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dinafem OG Kush origin?

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Reason ppl be hatin, is cause dinafem is ripping others work, slapping a slightly changed label on it. They appeal to those that dont know cause of the price and the fact that noobs simply dont know anything about breeding.

Stay Safe

D

DJXXPLATINUM

everyone i have run fr Dinafem was stellar....i really worry the most about what it does for the head.....too crazy, you wanna a response, sling a lil mud and the haters will come out of the woodwork...lol dj

B

BasementGrower

dinafem isn't bad ill say it over and over.. the only thing is. with a lot of seed cos and breeders these days don't tell u exactly how they came to making the seeds.. just kinda toss a name on it and go ... im going to guess its half way decent. ive ran a bunch of there gear and its all good. a lot of it depends on the grower too .. ive noticed a lot of people who never grow good bud to begin with always bad mouth companys before getting better at growing then growin there genetics..

floralheart

Veteran
Emerald OG is not a real OG, it's an OG cross.

Real OG is clone only, nothing you find in a seed will be a real OG, just imitations of varying degree.

Bullshit. Light stress a cut of so-called true OG and you'll get a seed/plant that is essentially OG.

...and 2.

OG can always be improved. Because your true OG is light yeilding indica buds on a sativa structured plant.

floralheart

Veteran
Reason ppl be hatin, is cause dinafem is ripping others work, slapping a slightly changed label on it. They appeal to those that dont know cause of the price and the fact that noobs simply dont know anything about breeding.

Stay Safe

Critics don't know anything about breeding either. They're better at bitching than making and creating.

People who make their own seeds know about breeding.

Is the world better with Dinafem or without Dinafem? I vote with.

Cannabis is full of so many opinionated crybaby's.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Not long ago I finished growing 3 Dinafem freebies. White Siberian- (White widow x AK 47, Nothing special). Shark Attack- (raunchy ripe fruit, great yielder but medium potency). Sweet Deep Grapefruit-(Exotic smell and taste, medium/high potency, average yield). Sweet Deep Grapefruit was the best out of the 3. I even felt it was just good enough to pass out to the medical community.

Here is a link to the grow for detailed info....

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257023

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Bullshit. Light stress a cut of so-called true OG and you'll get a seed/plant that is essentially OG.

...and 2.

OG can always be improved. Because your true OG is light yeilding indica buds on a sativa structured plant.

No shit Sherlock, but this thread isn't about breeding techniques its about dinafem OG, which is an OG/Sour hybrid, which is not like a pure OG. I have grown OG x Sour hybrids and I have grown some of the most famous cuts of OG and they are very different.

My point being, most people want what all the fuss is about, Fire, Tahoe, Louis, SFV, not some watered down hybrid.

To me Dinafem calling their seeds Dinfem OG leads people to expect they are getting an OG S1, or something akin to the hyped up cuts, not an OG cross.

Deceptive advertising is a common tool in the seed game. I personally don't understand why they just didn't S1 a cut and call it a day.

My guess is they couldn't get a hold of one so they took Emeralds Emerald OG and slapped together a hybrid because they know there is plenty of uneducated seed buys out there that impulse buy on name alone.

Im sure they produce decent plants, but a world famous OG, I think not.

RedDemon

Well i just topped her at the third node and hoping for the best....in the meantime i ordered OG Kush from Grand Daddy Purps which the tahoe cut was used...Hoping to get a keeper out of those....:woohoo::woohoo:

B

BasementGrower

Whats up with dinafem,do they put out bad gear?..

I grew a ton of strains from dinafem.. only because I got a ton of seeds free wen I put in a ton of orders ..

ive grown Diesel.. Original Amnesia.. Blue Widow.. Cali hash plant.. and white widow.. .. had 6 seeds of each.. got great plants.. had some hermi issues. but still good bud... I made some crosses with the ones that didn't hermi.. and the only 1 I have left is Diesel. its nothing like SOUR D.. honestly. its more like LEMONLIME Fuely Kush.. .. nott sour d at all.. but all in all great msell and taste.

Airnut

Where the genes from i cant say, but kush it is..

This my one seed Dinafem freebie i got from somewhere.
4 weeks from seed and then flip - 12/12 day 49 - 3L pot leca only using run to waste
picture.php

floralheart

Veteran
Emerald OG is not a real OG, it's an OG cross.

Real OG is clone only, nothing you find in a seed will be a real OG, just imitations of varying degree.

No, a stressed OG bean from the original cutting is OG. And maybe it's better, in varying degrees.

OG Kush grows like a shitty sativa and needed lots of work done to it to dial the aesthetics into a commercially viable plant.

unless you reveg it and train it, it's 6' of tiny frosted golfballs.
jmo

kindgrower

Im growing out Dinafems OG Kush and Barneys Vanilla Kush. I main-line my plants, lots stress early the vanilla loved it. the OG did not! anyway the ones im growing are doing good, deep bluish green leaves. Hearty this one has no sativa traits all indica.

Last is my kush tent, The larger main-lined for 8 main colas, are the Vanilla Kush from Barneys. The OG cant keep up.

kindgrower

Some more Dinafem OG Kush, While I was training them

One OG in the middle of two Vanilla Kush Main-lined for 8 colas

All the OG from dinafem And Vanilla from Barneys... Soaking the sun while I clean the tent.

juggernaut

I've tried the OG Kush as well.
3 seeds all germ'd + All were Different but each plant was very nice. If I had room I would keep all 3.
Also there Amnesia is very good
Silver sucked.
Also anyone buy Og kush seeds that are better and able to buy let me know because I loved theres and if theres better I want some:)

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
No shit Sherlock, but this thread isn't about breeding techniques its about dinafem OG, which is an OG/Sour hybrid, which is not like a pure OG. I have grown OG x Sour hybrids and I have grown some of the most famous cuts of OG and they are very different.

My point being, most people want what all the fuss is about, Fire, Tahoe, Louis, SFV, not some watered down hybrid.

To me Dinafem calling their seeds Dinfem OG leads people to expect they are getting an OG S1, or something akin to the hyped up cuts, not an OG cross.

Deceptive advertising is a common tool in the seed game. I personally don't understand why they just didn't S1 a cut and call it a day.

My guess is they couldn't get a hold of one so they took Emeralds Emerald OG and slapped together a hybrid because they know there is plenty of uneducated seed buys out there that impulse buy on name alone.

Im sure they produce decent plants, but a world famous OG, I think not.

Word! :dance013:... only because they are a big company selling lots of $ doesn't mean shit. If you are looking for the real deal or proper breeding I won't go with Dinafake, Greenhouse or anything like that. If you are ok with mediocre and overpriced (c'mon they pay 15-20cent per seed to producers!) commercial strains of bland potency and no ethics then go for it. :tiphat:

Believe me, if a company needs to invest so much in marketing, ads, great photography, full color catalogues, super nice seed packaging, so many new "trendy" releases each year (let's see how long it takes for them to offer Gorilla Glue or GSC lol) and so on it's because otherwise, no one would buy their stuff. It's simple marketing and maths. It's how this world works and unfortuantely, it seems that many growers are fine with that.

But to be honest, american growers buying wannabe american strains from a spanish seller targeted for novice spanish growers that lack information on the seed market, sounds a bit ridiculous to me... ;)

BadRabbit

Word! :dance013:... only because they are a big company selling lots of $ doesn't mean shit. If you are looking for the real deal or proper breeding I won't go with Dinafake, Greenhouse or anything like that. If you are ok with mediocre and overpriced (c'mon they pay 15-20cent per seed to producers!) commercial strains of bland potency and no ethics then go for it. :tiphat:

Believe me, if a company needs to invest so much in marketing, ads, great photography, full color catalogues, super nice seed packaging, so many new "trendy" releases each year (let's see how long it takes for them to offer Gorilla Glue or GSC lol) and so on it's because otherwise, no one would buy their stuff. It's simple marketing and maths. It's how this world works and unfortuantely, it seems that many growers are fine with that.

But to be honest, american growers buying wannabe american strains from a spanish seller targeted for novice spanish growers that lack information on the seed market, sounds a bit ridiculous to me... ;)

While I wouldn't disagree with much, or anything, you say there..... I will say that I've grown out 6 or 7 Dinafem freebies and every single seed has germed and produced a nice plant with flavor and potency including a real keeper level Critical +. It's a fairly small sample size, but their "batting average" is way above most of the top breeders I've worked with.

Latest posts

Latest posts