What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

moonymonkey

ok heres wat i got...got 2 diff. places in same room to clone..temps. 82.humidity 65-72..using soil and a dome,one place never had a problem,open domes 1o mins. a day,and spray..noticed this time the one that never has a problem,the water i sprayed dome with day before,had evaporated,not lik the ones i had a problem with...conclusion ROOM humidity to high in problem area...temps. were the same for both areass.proble had nothing to do with bubble in stem,type of rooting horemone,light not at proper distance,cleaness..etc...though most of theses are factors...there you goxxxxx...moon/got sunshine in a bagzzzz

Last edited:

moonymonkey

a few mo9re notes on problem area to high temp.s also helped hold that humidity thats was to high,although it didnt afect soil temps.also the clones put out roots above soil,air roots..but still taking longer for soil roots to form if the do,only way i know is to open dome a little moe,that goes to show how high temps and humidity was an wat clones did.its all good since i have my other area,that works great. peace moon/

catbuds

Same ingredients & amounts as Schultz TakeRoot (Indole-3-butyric Acid 0.1% and 99.9% other ingredients,) available at Wal-Mart for about the same price, for those who don't have a Home Depot nearby.

That's what I use too. Pay just under $4.00 for it. Brand doesn't matter, just make sure its indole-3- buteric acid. Many aren't aware, but indole-3 used at the right time can make every seed u plant be female. Gently slide out of the pot & lightly dust roots. The timing is important. Plant should have 3-5 leaf sets. Later than that is well.... too late. I soak seeds 1-2 hrs, poke sm planting hole, dust a little over them before covering with soil too. Seedling roots like crazy, faster & more if them. I prefer rootone with fungicide, but haven't found it in a while. But the fungicide prevents damping off. I don't care for the gel. Limits its use. Indole-3 does more than just root clones! :)

Grizz

Veteran
Human saliva - the original rooting gel. Just don't attempt this with a bad case of dry mouth. After I make the tiny cuts in the stems with a clean razor blade, "scarifying" (??) - I put the stem in my mouth and make sure the end of it is well coated before inserting into the medium. Assuming that the environment is right (enough heat and not too much light) this method does not fail.

I soak mine in cider, I mean in side her, lol

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO.

I have been using Aloe lately... Works fine. I went to pick up some more KLN today and noticed some Botanicare power clone solution. I could not beolive how expensive it was 25$ for 8oz.

moonymonkey

a note on my last post i tryed using a powder with fungucide,didnt do any good,well not in my problem area conditions anyway,im sure its afect in its own way.dont want to get into water cloning not me cup of tea.peace moon/begood

The grow stores around here sell the same stuff by a different name. It's called dip'n grow. It comes concentrated and you dilute it to the your desired concentration. It's all I ever use if I'm cloning.

hey man do you still use this stuff in the aero cloner? if you did if would be sick and greatly appreciated if you did a tutorial of how you root your clone from the cut to the ppm to the temps and even showing how you apply the rooting hormone. thanks

St. Phatty

Now I'm looking at my Walmart "couldn't find my Rootone" Schultz "Take Root" ... 0.1% Indole-3-Butyric-Acid in a whole new light. :peacock:

Dug up some raspberry bushes from under the pool deck, wanted to transplant them. Used Rootone the first time around, got 3 out of 6 to root and they were bare-rooted.

They tend to look dead, then send out a few leaves.

Didn't use anything on the second batch of dug-up-raspberries. Jury is still out.

For the next raspberry plant removal session ==>

I had been thinking about mixing up something, 1 teaspoon / 1 Tablespoon in 2 quarts, pouring that around the roots ... sometimes it's not convenient to grab the Rootone when you're wrestling with raspberries to get them transplanted.

Going to have to stop by the garden section next time I'm in Home Depot.

packerfan79

Veteran
How are you guys prepping the rockwool cubes. I have been using clonex liquid, and roottek gel, used to get good strike rates 80 %or so.I don't know if this rediculous heat is the problem but my clones are very yellow within a few days. I cut 100 2 weeks ago and I have 20 that rooted. I try to pH the water with clonex solution in it to 5.5 and soak the cubes for an hour or 2. I think the gel and the solution may be overkill. I am going to head over to Home DePot tonight and take a few to try it out.

Floridian

Veteran
I stopped using cloning solution,B'cuzz products,liquid Karma when I found out after a grow without them that I was wasting my money.Soaking the cubes in 5.5 water is good but not necessary either.I know the LK freaks will disagree vehemently because I used to be one.Try 1 grow without the LK and see for yourself

packerfan79

Veteran
I guess green light is another good product that is off the market. I guess I will buy a couple different powders and see which one works best.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I guess green light is another good product that is off the market. I guess I will buy a couple different powders and see which one works best.

They sell Bonide rooting powder at Home Depot/Lowes now. Works just as good as the green light. I soak my cubes in tap water ph'd between 5.5-5.8 and hardly ever lose a clone.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Pretty sure this rooting product CAN NOT be used in Washington and Oregon legal gardens due to the active ingredient indole-3-butyric acid...

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
Pretty sure this rooting product CAN NOT be used in Washington and Oregon legal gardens due to the active ingredient indole-3-butyric acid...

yes indeed, on the do/not use OSHa approved chemical list for state pot production...

I was recently given a sample of a product by Rx green solutions called life cloning gel. It almost cut in half my rooting time compared to the root tek i usually use.

T

thesloppy

It's not rocket science, or some proprietary recipe. Green Light was .1% IBA there's literally hundreds of products on the market that are the exact same thing, you just have to look at the label. Miracle-Grow's rooting hormone, for example, is the same formulation.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
It's not rocket science, or some proprietary recipe. Green Light was .1% IBA there's literally hundreds of products on the market that are the exact same thing, you just have to look at the label. Miracle-Grow's rooting hormone, for example, is the same formulation.

ACTUALLY.....

Most products sold are .01, .001, .0001 % IBA. Green Lite was .10, by far was the strongest out...

Looks like Miracle Grow is the same strength...