What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting Out Of Jury Duty

Green Squall

Say your having an endoscopy and have jury duty the next day. Would the doctor give you a note to get out of it? They sedate you pretty heavily, so you could argue that you couldn't perform satisfactorily the day after.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Sounds as good as anything....

Sounds as good as anything....

They don't like me, I have never sat on a jury...

I tell them the many reasons I don't trust the cops.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I told them that I was disabled and had severe arthritis of the spine, the gal was very cordial, told me that she'd take me off the list, no proof needed & I haven't gotten a notice to serve in over 12 years.......

troutman

Seed Whore
You should contact the prosecutor's office ASAP and emphasize that you'll be
put under heavy sedation and getting a medical treatment the day before.

I know valid medical reasons are the best way out of anything.

Don't tell them you don't want to be there.

Do tell them under the situation you'll be too beat tired to make any proper judgements.

Just be honest and I think you'll be fine. :tiphat:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I went, won't go into details but I got to dip out with proof of service as well as most other potential jurors based a bunch of circumstances

half day, edibles helped

EsterEssence

Veteran
Go in with your shirt buttoned crooked, mis -matched shoes and socks, and when you get in there stand up and yell I am your man...

Cadfael

For medical reasons i can understand.

But...

If you can serve, please do. A lot of people do not get a jury of their peers. If you happen to get on a jury of a medical MJ case, you could very well save a person.

I know it is annoying, and a PITA to do jury duty, but it is one of the few times that we can make a difference.

Floridian

Veteran
Simple,just say you have been convicted of a felony they never check,I have and wish I could serve just do it man and be a citizen.You are fortunate to be on the right side

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For medical reasons i can understand.

But...

If you can serve, please do. A lot of people do not get a jury of their peers. If you happen to get on a jury of a medical MJ case, you could very well save a person.

I know it is annoying, and a PITA to do jury duty, but it is one of the few times that we can make a difference.
:yeahthats

Jury duty is NOT a burden. It's just about the only way we have a voice in the court room.

For those that refuse jury duty...
You deserve the same in your time of need!

WelderDan

Veteran
Take a small bottle of hot sauce. Just before jury selection starts, take a good swig so you get a good case of sniffles. Then start blowing your nose and coughing.

Nobody wants to be around sick people. You'll get passed over without having to make anything up, or even speak for that matter.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...the only way a government of the people, by the people and for the people functions in the way it is meant is if people participate.

...that means voting and serving on jury's so if you do niether then don't whine when politicians you didn't oppose pass laws you MUST comply with or face jail time and if you get convicted you can't whine that there were no like minded citizens on your jury, like you they will have all found bullshit ways of avoiding thier civic duty.

bozo

St. Phatty

They don't like me, I have never sat on a jury...

I tell them the many reasons I don't trust the cops.

That did it for me once.

I wish I had been more well-spoken.

It was an obese Prosecutor accusing a man of meth possession.

I managed to get out that I thought their laws are bullshit.

But what I should have said is ...

"If this is a trial about self-medication -

does self-medication with food count ?

The prosecutor obviously has experience in this regard,

and the ill health effects of this kind of self-medication

are well-documented.

Why does the Prosecutor think he has the right to assert that his method of Self-medication - over-eating - is superior to that of the defendant ?"

I would have got cut off at about the first word.

There is a golden free speech opportunity right there during jury selection.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'll never sit on a jury...

I'll never sit on a jury...

I told the judge during jury selection (true story) about an accident with a L.A.P.D. Motorcycle Officer who got "amnesia" when his boss showed up.

Then he called and tried to shake me down, which I reported to the insurance company. He tried to sue me asking for $100k, he only got $50k so his lawyer got most of it.

After I told my story the judge asked how long it had been (3 years) since the accident an if I could trust the testimony of a policeman...

Never! :woohoo:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
No Butt...

No Butt...

Did anyone read that article in High Times about how Ted Nugent got out of the draft for Vietnam???

I've seen guy smear peanut butter all over their asshole. :party: and eat it like it was shit while being evaluated ..

They got drafted like everyone else, I must say their were some crazy shits in the army.

Latest posts

Latest posts