What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making small batch of Cannabutter

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Hey all,

I am going to be making my first batch of Cannabutter shortly and everything I read is 1oz to 1lb of butter. I understand why too.

But I have tendency to jack things up on first go, so I wanted to use just 7 grams. Please tell me if this is proper ratio - 7 grams of ganja to 113.0 grams of butter. I just broke it down, but I am doubting myself if this would be the proper amount.

Second question is, with a small amount that I am doing, is 3 hours long enough? I often see 2-6 hours. But they are also usually talkin bigger batches.

Thanks guys and gals.:cathug:

Also , I am using mostly Vaped herb with 3 grams of non vaped.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
found it lol..ill be doing 1/4ounce per stick of buttah.

guess ill shoot for 2 hours-3 hours..that im not clear on.

geeker

i simmer for 90 min in a saucepan with the lid on, stirring roughly every 10 - 15 min.

my rule of thumb for butter: 1/2 oz for every 1 stick butter used.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
i simmer for 90 min in a saucepan with the lid on, stirring roughly every 10 - 15 min.

my rule of thumb for butter: 1/2 oz "herb" for every 1 stick butter used.

Came out great, and i let it simmer for about 2.5 hrs. Now for recipes.. :bigeye::bigeye::bis::bigeye::bigeye:

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Okay, not making Brownies. The wife and I would prefer to make little pieces of Chocolate. Something I could maybe put in my Coffee, or just have a quick snack.I picture just little cubes of chocolate, maybe a little bigger than sugarcubes. I saw in some thread a guy put 113 grams of Chocolate to 1 stick of Cannabutter. I have less than 1 stick of cannabutter, but I also want mild. I have about half of a stick of cannabutter.

So i was thinking about putting that 113 grams of cacao chocolate with the 1/2 of stick of cannabutter? I have seen some elaborate recipes, well elaborate to me as I am no Cook and weak in the kitchen with this type of stuff. I basivally just want little chocolates..so can I just mix those two ingrediants together and put into the fridge to cool? Any little tips from the expierenced would be bitchin!

ty
trips

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Hey trips.. glad to hear youve successfully made some cannabutter. Its awesome! :D

For the chocolate I would heat it in the microwave in short bursts-- 15 second intervals, stirring each time, probably total 45sec-1min-- until chocolate is just melted. Set aside.

Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream over medium heat until hot, just simmering,,, you just want it to be warm to combine with chocolate a little better. Remove from heat and add cannabutter. Stir to mix and melt butter. Add mixture to the cooled chocolate and fold gently until combined. At this point I like to add some whiskey or good liquor-- about 1/4 cup-- and gently mix. This adds some more flavor and neutralizes the cannabis taste somewhat.

Chill in freezer for about an hour and kazaaam, you got some wonderful cannabutter chocolates.

Truffles are made like this and my friends can confirm that I make some amazing cannabis truffles. Just pull the chilled chocolate out of the freezer and let soften for a few mins. Take a warm spoon and scoop out a spoonful. Roll the chocolate in some kind of dry topping. I prefer powdered cocoa or minced pecans but you can use whatever you like really-- coconut flakes, almonds, etc. Easy to handle, transfer and eat. Plus they are delicious. Just make sure not to overindulge because of the taste. I have had several friends do this so now I keep tabs on how many everyone gets. No more panic attacks at the Christmas party. :) Enjoy.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
:trampoline::pie::jawdrop:

Perfect!

I will do both of these recipes this weekend! And will not over indulge lol. Thank you so much, this is exactly what Id enjoy, plus the Whiskey:jump:

Good night!

trips:blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts