What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trainwreck genetics?

omega7

happy hipster said:
Actually it would be really easy to recreate...

the afghani is all over southern oregon STILL...the sweet mexican sativa...copper canyon...the thai, something like vision thai...

anyway...trainwreck is still fun i guess, one of the most consistant...

Thanks for making my point, unfortunately.

G

Let me see if I can add to the confusion. I live in California near Sacramento. I was working on some appartment complex fixing walls and such.. This guy that lived upstairs from a buddy of mine (that i smoked mex brick weed with). The guy upstairs was a real estate broker. He had what he called a trainwreck plant, that he showed my buddy and I. He always had real good top grade green bud, that he would smoke us "boys" out with, 'cause he knew we could only afford the mex-brick weed. Very cool of him to say the least. Also the plant he called Trainwreck was short, bushy, dark green/blue hue, with many small budding sights. Got to smoke a bowl after it was finished, but it was like 2 weeks early due to a landlord issue. All this happen about 10 years ago, maybe 11 years.. That would give some sort of a timeline and area of orgin. Peace all, and enjoy 'da smoke will ya!?! :)

Mavin

G

TW is from humboldt.

not sac.

its even older than that.

Thai x Mexi x Afghani. Thai x Copper Canyon x Deep Chunk might come out similar.

G

guest3854

TW is DEFINATLY not from Sac . Bunch o fuckin wannabee's

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
The thing I notice about all the info is the minty menthol terpene scent that I have noticed in other real strong narcotic like stone weeds. If its the same stuff it should be one of the grail weeds for breeding.

G

except for the fact that it herms out...

ya want T4 or T5 for breeding

BigClunke

Trainwreck broke my heart. I experienced her too young (my second grow) and too short to realize what I had (my clones died and to this day still don't know why :( )
My friend Bob brought a clone all the way to Michigan from some friends in Humboldt co. (where he claimed it originated) grew it out and gave me a clone. Unfortunately Bob like xanax way too much and burned bridges with me (I have no doubt he lost the genetics, if not his life in his regular overdose routine)
It was a really magical smoke, I had a Jamaican tell me I was "touched" (something to that effect) at a taco bell just because of the smile it put on my face, it really slowed the world down and made everything just a bit more magical.
Unfourtunatly, I don't have any living pics but here are some cured shots. These are my only remaining memories.

I have seen so many claims about the buds that are false, it is truly disheartening.
Here are some tell-tale signs:

-check out the sea-foam green color (blatantly apparent in North-Coast Non pics)

-the dense and chunky buds with small pistils (most imitations don't have the chunky 3-dimentional density or have an over abundance of pistals)

-The smell is something that can be a bit hard to agree on. It is definitely lemon but, I never really got the diesel/fuel analogy, it has an overwhelming quality like fuel but I never smell diesel or gasoline exactly (I never have felt diesel has the real odor of diesel either fwiw). One thing I can absolutely verify is once it has been curing a very long time it smells EXACTLY like country time lemonade powder mix. I have had so many people agree to that, it doesn’t take a connoisseur to verify that. Before the long cure, the smell is a bit more complex, definitely lemon/lime.

-I actually found it to be fairly leafy but I did not have the healthiest plant, which definitely was a factor; however, the leaves are covered in resin.

She was a beautiful girl and is dearly missed :badday:

I am not really qualified to give genetic information but, I have heard Durban/kush on OG. Having grown Durban and Hog (afghan/kush) I can see how that could be true. There is something very similar in the aroma to DP's Durban poison. Again, this is purely speculation. Listen to someone who actually knows more about the lineage/history of the strain (i.e. someone from Humboldt co.)

BigClunke

happy hipster said:
again

trainwreck is

Thai x Mexican x Afghani.
I am not doubting that at all (like I said I don't claim to know it's lineage), but what makes you believe that? When so many rumors are tossed around it really helps to site sources, no matter how abstract.

BigClunke

happy hipster said:
I've heard it from other people more believeable than E.
You can do a bit better than that. I'm not asking for names just credentials. If you're right you have no reason to be so ambiguous. Remember, we don't know you or who you know. So to us, you might be some 14 year old reading his older sisters high times or some jam band kid who will believe anyone with dreadlocks.

G

I live in Humboldt Co., and I frequent the club in Arcata. They almost always have a trainwreck on hand. However, the phenos change from time to time. Every once and a while they have the pheno. All you have to do is smell the jar and you know what it is. The pheno itself is so amazing that you will know it is trainwreck when you come across it. I think trainwreck has a very sweet taste as well, nobody seems to mention that. Definately lemon/citrus/menthal element to it as well. Amazing. Smoking some Trainwreck x Afghan from the club as I type this. :joint: :joint: :joint:

True........but there are people in this world, who contrary to popular beleif DO know what they are talking about.....
&
It's only a RUMOR if its untrue.....?!

Although hipster.....I though it was just ThaiXMexi....? :p The Afghani dosent rear its nasty head till we start talkin bout Af-Wreck...!

:edit: Hah, a post from WHILE I was typing! [Djinn's]

If you "frequent" the "club" then that speaks VOLUMES about you my friend....
bummer.....How long you been in town? :bat:

Last edited:
BigClunke said:
Remember, we don't know you or who you know. So to us, you might be some 14 year old reading his older sisters high times or some jam band kid who will believe anyone with dreadlocks.

K+ That was FUKIN' HILARIOUS!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone,
From what I know,Dr. Jay had access to anything "TW";and was really pleased with the Alibi Redux (Texas Mystic f2).The mother of the Texas Mystic was the Alaskan TW cut...
Dr Jay´s Alibi is very nice herb :yummy:

G

at this point who cares, she's been around and i agree with some of the points made in this thread about there being 5 different TW cuts, i doubt there really are that many, 4 of them are probably the same thing , just renamed to boost the ego of the holder... and the last 1 prolly aint even TW.

anyway point is it doesnt matter, it will never be recreated through proper breeding the best that can be done at this point would be outcross , backcross and inbreed... unless someone has the orig seeds, and with all the habalooey surrounding TW to believe anyone has the real deal orig seed would be a leap of faith and prolly a buncha BS.

T5's are spoken of, but what even are those? an outcross backcross and inbred line based on TW, or are they supposedly F5's from the real line? HH aint the only one that's talked about T5's but that's just more talk. never seen pics of anyone growing T5 , or claiming to grow T5, just hear of the seeds. and again to believe someone without some real evidence is just silly when it comes to this kinda stuff. the stories behind this plant are like 10 years thick hard to find the truth by now.

and that Jam band kid comment was great, good stuff ! lol

THC

Last edited:

BigClunke

Anyone have a recomended strain that has similar characteristics to TW? I'm probably never going to get to grow her out again, so I'd like to move on to something with that flavor, smell, appearance and if possible more viggor (unless this was just newbie error). I can deal with a bit less potency, I can always just smoke more right...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
BigClunke said:
Anyone have a recomended strain that has similar characteristics to TW? I'm probably never going to get to grow her out again, so I'd like to move on to something with that flavor, smell, appearance and if possible more viggor (unless this was just newbie error). I can deal with a bit less potency, I can always just smoke more right...

If you are into the lemon thing give Reefermans Love Potion a whirl. I had about half of them churn out some real greasy buds that smell just like lemon pledge. Pretty strong smoke overall too. Just got to watch out for the pods about 2-3 weeks into flower. They are brief and tend to go away but are somewhat annoying if you have a room full of other seed projects.

Latest posts

Latest posts