What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!Actinovate??

So a couple of days ago I went into my local hydro shop (Acme Hydro in Broomfield, CO...check it out if you're in the area) to gat a few thing and Actinovate was an items on my list. I have not bought Actinovate from this particular store so I wasn't sure if they even carried it. The owner of the store Jason, is a nice guy and is always helpful so I asked if he had any for me, he proceeded to tell me what a great product it was (yea that's why I'm trying re-up yo) but that they had stopped making the stuff. (WTF?) So I wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this and if it is true what happened?! Also I was wondering if there was any good replacements out there for Actinovate. This is a product that I have always added to my compost teas so to see it go will be a bummer for me to say the least.

BubbaBear

Check the expiration date of any Actinovate you see in a store and it will likely be expired. If your going to buy some online e mail them and ask them what the expiration date is before your buy it. Most of the Actinovate going around is expired and I dont believe its been rerelease yet.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love this stuff for what it's done for me over the last few years.

Too bad about the takeover.
I'll look into that Forge SP.

edit:
Forge SP is similar... It is "Streptomyces Nigrescens MR54"...

Actinovate is "Streptomyces lydicus 108"

BubbaBear

Also check out EM-1 as a PM treatment and preventative I think works better than anything I've found and ive tried just about everything, it seems to keep the PM from returning longer than any other treatment method and AEM-1 works better than unactivated EM-1 I'm assuming because of the freshly brewed microbes in AEM-1. Use it at 20 ml per gallons, its safe to use all the way up to harvest but will give you a positive reading for microbes if tested just like Actinovate

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Also check out EM-1 as a PM treatment and preventative I think works better than anything I've found and ive tried just about everything, it seems to keep the PM from returning longer than any other treatment method and AEM-1 works better than unactivated EM-1 I'm assuming because of the freshly brewed microbes in AEM-1. Use it at 20 ml per gallons, its safe to use all the way up to harvest but will give you a positive reading for microbes if tested just like Actinovate

I was going to order some just to have around for next PM nightmare. Can find em-1, but not aem-1. Who is an online seller of it???

BubbaBear

AEM-1 is Activated EM-1 you make it yourself with EM-1. One liter of EM-1 will make 5 gallons of AEM-1. Get a cleaned out 2 liter soda bottle and fill it 10% full with EM-1 add another 10% molasses fill the rest of the bottle with clean hot 120 degree f. unchlorinated water let it sit in a sunny window for a week or two or till the PH goes below 3.8 and you have yourself some AEM-1 its just as good if not better than the original EM-1 it comes from because the microbes are freshly brewed, it just doesnt have as long of a shelf life as EM-1 because its been activated. Its some amazing stuff you can drink it, clean with it, spray it on your plants to battle PM or add it to your soil to help digest nutrients, its one of the best most useful, most versatile microbe product you can buy and its the cheapest.

DenverJim

Garden friendly fungicide

Garden friendly fungicide

Found this stuff at Home Depot it’s bacillus amyloliguefaciens. Can use it on crops good for root drench and foliar.

gotnoname

I live in an aera where RH is over 65% most of the time and actinovate didn't stop bud rot in my greenhouse, I used it preventive and sprayed twice a week before week 4 at 50g per 100l...

I have a lot of air circulation (Horizontal air flow fan) and the sides of my greenhouse are open at all time, Temps are below 90f and leaf were plucked to allow maximum air circulation..

Actinovate didn't work for me !

moses wellfleet

Veteran
AEM-1 is Activated EM-1 you make it yourself with EM-1. One liter of EM-1 will make 5 gallons of AEM-1. Get a cleaned out 2 liter soda bottle and fill it 10% full with EM-1 add another 10% molasses fill the rest of the bottle with clean hot 120 degree f. unchlorinated water let it sit in a sunny window for a week or two or till the PH goes below 3.8 and you have yourself some AEM-1 its just as good if not better than the original EM-1 it comes from because the microbes are freshly brewed, it just doesnt have as long of a shelf life as EM-1 because its been activated. Its some amazing stuff you can drink it, clean with it, spray it on your plants to battle PM or add it to your soil to help digest nutrients, its one of the best most useful, most versatile microbe product you can buy and its the cheapest.
EM-1 has bacillus subtilis in it, that is probably what is effective against PM. Thanx for the recipe!

HHILL

Something great for PM and bud rot is Regalia. I foliar during veg, then switch to soil drench during flower. It’s extract of giant knotweed, organic. Bit pricey but it works for my location great. No more Botrytis for the most part.

Latest posts

Latest posts