What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NoRCal Vs SoCal dispensaries

G

Hello Dudes,

Whats the Deal in socal? I went to LA this weekend and checked out a few spots. And i was sick to see how bad these crooks are ripping people off at 25.00 a gram of everything. And the product looked weak and wasnt cured right. people like this give the rest of us a bad name trying to make a fast buck. i pay 15.00 gram for anything in Norcal at my local club with 20 to 30 strains. paying 50 bucks for just 2 grams is bullshit. i need my meds what to do :nono:

the state needs to step in before the dispensaries go the way of the oil companies.

Diego

I go to the med clubs down here in so cal maybe once a month if that to get an 8th of something different every once in a while, but I know what you mean. Its funny to see some of these places actually sell out at 60,65,75 an eighth. Hey they pay it I paid once about two years ago 70 for an 8th in hollywood and won't support these places much anymore in the way of funds. Norcal has it down, friendlier and better prices for the same stuff thats in socal with a lot less attitude. Just my opinion. Quite a few of these places have arrogant staff, (socal) and if you don't buy there stuff have sometimes seem like they talk down to you as if they are the only people qualified to judge weed. Thats just a few, some of the socal ones arent bad though usually owned by the older people with some exceptions to the younger ones. Its all about the money a lot of times though. 75 an eighth all the way up is 9600 a pound. lol that makes me laugh. anyways thats just my 2 cents

N

Neptune

went to Horipharm 1 and hortipharm 2 while in Santa Barbara,

I would not recomend either of these clubs, no clones to be found when they are "famous for their clones..."

prices a bit steep also.

G

Guest 10952

Damn prices are way higher then i thought they would be. Sux man finger it would be a lil bit cheaper. Hope you find someplace reasonable.

haha
oh man...

socal sucks

i cant believe people who cahrge up the ass for meds down ythere stay in business
ive seen a few clubs down there with decent prices 50-60/8th

shit, let em know
if enough peeps complain
theyll dropit a bit
maybe

Storm Crow

Veteran
My advice to those poor souls in SoCal

My advice to those poor souls in SoCal

Grow yer own! Plant any seeds you find, somewhere, even if you know you'll never be back. It will either make someone's day or start a feral population. When I lived in San Diego, there was always cheap, seeded grass to be found. I doubt if that has changed much.

karmical

i dunno, personally i can't wait to try this OG Kush its has to be all that its talked up to be.

i was supposed to be heading down to socal to hit up 20-25 socal clubs to write a story but i had to pull out due to having too many things on my plate right now, but i am sending $$$ down with the other writer i was going with to have him bring me up a quarter of the best OG Kush that he can get his hands on to see if it lives up to the hype.

but i can't wait to experince the socal club scene later on this summer first hand though...

mmm420socal

karmical said:
but i can't wait to experince the socal club scene later on this summer first hand though...

Make sure to let us SoCal peeps know when yer comin down :)

If you don't got a lot of time, check otu LAPCG and THC in WeHo/Van Nuys or Farm AC in Dago.

Much love.

M3 :wave:

G

Wow Diego you are so true they were not very friendly at all.

hellooooo mmm420socal want to ask you a question ill pm you later

peace

LEGI0N

karmical said:
i dunno, personally i can't wait to try this OG Kush its has to be all that its talked up to be..

The OG kush you get at the ACRC is $$ but very nice. Don't know if it's the 'same' but it's something sweet.

karmical

i smoked some og kush monday, not acrc but some someone shared with me... imo my sweet tooth / ak-47 mixed together joints were better, but then the kush joint was a pinner you know so it was hard to say.

i have a couple friends that always seem to have norcal kush of some sort, but i want to try this socal kush that some of the guys on here seem to swear by, can't be all hype... it can't be...

Diego

To be honest with you, its alright if you like indicas a little too dense for me and flavor is the main selling point, but not all of the OG kushs I have seen down here are OG. Just from what I have seen. If you could some how take the kush and air it out it would be perfect for what I am looking for. I think there is a lot better weed not being sold because kush is around example last time I went to med club there was some trance that was in abundance only cause most people wanted OG, the trance was cheaper, better grown and properly flushed (og is almost never flushed properly it seems). A lot of times its wet, trust me the norcal stuff is way better, I honestly think good trainwreck Arcata or not has a better high and flavor.

G

Guest 10952

Figures they would slap a name on some weed and sell it. Reminds me of Holland. Go to a shop and ask them about their Orange Bud. Look at it then look at some Snowball and its the exactly the same weed. Pisses you off as they claim its something its not.

Dankz

wow...

wow...

wow... After reading all these posts and Saying Northern Cali kush is better than Socal Kush, Thats a big joke....

Look, Theres bad clubs and good clubs, If you want good kush at a good price than VIP and HIM are your places, 65 1/8 Kush right there.. If you want what people think was the best kush around go to RNS Caregivers in The Valley... Its expensive but great product, But than again people are now starting to boycott there prices...

And LAPCG is known for not having really good quality meds but just good prices... Please I dont see how you can compare to a Great Sativa with a Great Indica? And this whole forum of MMJ patients seems to be all Norcal peepz and Trust me, My friend's have gone to clubs in Norcal and have tryed there kush and compared to Socal theres no contest...

Im not a big kush fan, Im just laughing at these post from Norcal peepz bashing clubs in Socal, When you guys dont know one good club and where bad prices are at... And im in San Diego and my main spot is Farm AC where OG kush/Bubba Kush any kind of Kush is sold for 60....

Oh yeah and Theres no place in LA where they sell only 25 a gram, Please...

The Health Center from Northern California opened a location on Sunset and Now in Studio City, Nothing over 45 1/8, That includes OG kush.. Now does there OG kush compare to Real LA kush sold for 70 1/8, Nope... Kush is a LA thing and something LA growers have mastered.....

JBIG420

hey whatsup, I write for Treating Yourself Magazine and I rate clubs from NorCal to SoCal to SD and all over the place.

Great Kush can be found in SoCal... but I would say litterally 99% of the time it is going to be TOTALLY ridiculously priced. AND... all too often the KUSH name is being give to strains that are obviously not that strain.

Dante's OG is very good... but possibly Bubba, and not OG at all
and it is the onyl strain they really overcharge a little for at ACRC

saddly... LAPCG is FAR FAR FAR overhyped IMHO. Their strains are B+ at the very best, and they sell them for fair prices... in comparison to socal clubs... but VERY poor in comparison to NorCal or even SB-SD or Bakersfield.

I would say LAPCG is the MOST honest out of all the clubs in SoCal... but THC I have found is slightly better with their quality.... but even still... its not like the NorCal plaxces

I think in general, NorCal has more variety, better quality and better prices (not to mention shorter lines, sometimes NO lines...)than SoCal
BUT
with some effort and by spending slightly more money and time, great bud can also be found in SoCal

and just FYI... I have paid as much as 35 for a gram in SoCal... while in Nor Cal... almost everything is less than 350 an oz

Dear JBIG420:

I really need to try some other Kushes out there, cause I dont know.

Seriously, I have had people tell me its the OG, people tell me its the Bubba, please JBIG, next time you are up, please bring me a gram or two of genetically different kush so I can try it out pls!

One Love, so happy this forum is back up!

G

hello again,

dankz this forum is not to bash anyone or anything. just information to others no more. im not knocking the quality of the socal weed i know for sure they have some kill stuff. thats where i grew up. and just a lil info for you most of the kush that LA gets is from canada.

aswell most ppl dont consider san deigo socal. socal stops in OC. san deigo is mexico dude dont fool yourself. peace!

JBIG420

dante420143 said:
Dear JBIG420:

I really need to try some other Kushes out there, cause I dont know.

Seriously, I have had people tell me its the OG, people tell me its the Bubba, please JBIG, next time you are up, please bring me a gram or two of genetically different kush so I can try it out pls!

One Love, so happy this forum is back up!

NO PROBLEM!
I'll make sure to bring some goodies for ya
I actually had something the last time I was up but saddly you were not there and I was only visiting on a short business trip

next time I will make a special call to warn you I'm comming!
stay safe and keep up the good work!
J

BlindDate

Veteran
Do any of the clubs sell OG Kush clones? I would like to try a grow on this stuff but I never see it. I even offered those guys at one of the West Hollywood clubs $1000 for one clone. Hell I'd even take a fresh cutting. You kind of wonder why someone refuses to make $1000 for 10 seconds work.