Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Tutorial: How to build your own secure lamp holder for a stacked bulb vertical grow

Thread Title Search
Tutorial: How to build your own secure lamp holder for a stacked bulb vertical grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 AM #11
Aotf

Aotf will become famous soon enoughAotf will become famous soon enoughAotf will become famous soon enough
This is very cool! I have seen some similar clips but on a way smaller footprint, such as the Bake-a-round cool tubes, this is better.

I have been toying with doing a cab w/ a cool tube or a vert setup and this might be the project for inspiration. I have a lil 400w setup that just might be the bee's knees with this kind of setup.

Thank you sir, where do I send the check lolz
Aotf is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 11:28 PM #12
Anti
Sorcerer's Apprentice

Anti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud of
Nice!
micro group

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert. I am not a guru. I am just some guy who is here to learn - just like you. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Anti is offline Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 PM #13

Helluva tripod homie...no fuckin joke! Double penetration will take you where ya need to go...in peace!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:53 PM #14
Stonefree69
Veg & Flower Station keeper

Stonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant future
Super idea +rep! I'm going this route now. The Maxibright Euro Reflector you use says now on some sites "Now with a V in the middle and rounded corners" and may not attached to tripod right unless it retains the strip you have. Guess there other alts to using w/tripod. Telescopes have nice tripods as well and can go pretty high and light stands are made to be sturdy (used w/top heavy umbrellas).

Wonder if I can adapt this from Sunlight Supply, "Use with all Sun System reflectors that do not come standard with a socket. These sockets come with the patented male lamp receptacle which is compatible with all Sun System ballasts":

Edit: those Manfrotto tripods are used by the pros, seems cheapest I could find is $54 USD. Says 3.3 lb. capacity. Tons of others to look at though. Dolica models supports to 13-15 lbs. for $45-55. and Ravelli Professional to 17 lbs for about $50. They all don't have bottom support structure/bracing that would block fan just like the Manfrotto. Some have bubble level. All get great reviews.

Organic hydro? Yes: surfactants, emulsifiers, pest control & micronutrients + chelation/absorption aids. Bennies in hydro? No.

Last edited by Stonefree69; 10-01-2012 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Addition
Stonefree69 is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2012, 12:12 AM #15
Stonefree69

Stonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant futureStonefree69 has a brilliant future
I'm gonna try to mount this socket/fixture above w/an aluminum strip or ruler from the hardware store, same procedure as Hundred Gram Oz did in 1st post. Fixture already has 2 screws w/holes. Maybe 22-26 gauge 6061 aluminum strip (also cools better than steel, corrosion resistant and easy to work). Many tripods also have a bubble level. Hundred Gram Oz, I can't thank you enough!!!

PS: Besides the hardware store, here's an online store for 6061 aluminum strips in different gauges, widths and lengths @ speedymetals.com - about a buck or 2 each for .125" (heavy 11 gauge) x 1-2" x 12". Here's a better pic of fixture w/socket 5k mogul base:

Here's a closer look at assembly, only this is 120v for compact fluorescents similar assembly (to get better view):

Organic hydro? Yes: surfactants, emulsifiers, pest control & micronutrients + chelation/absorption aids. Bennies in hydro? No.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:55 AM #16
LEX-UK

Nice1 bruva.. I was actually thinking lastnight about how I gonna go about staking two bulbs... Now I know! Thanks!

All I have todo is get the tripod, I have dozens of these reflectors stashed. I'm guessing Tobe staked I'd simply hang the other bulb?

Good tut HGO I may still be in contact for further confidence

Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 AM #17
angel4us

angel4us is a jewel in the roughangel4us is a jewel in the roughangel4us is a jewel in the roughangel4us is a jewel in the roughangel4us is a jewel in the roughangel4us is a jewel in the rough
vert candlestick holder

heres a quick and efficient holder just set on bricks or edge of hard containers surround with plants , add water !!! enjoy
angel4us is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 AM #18
Stonefree69

Gettin an adjustable Ravelli Pro 65" tripod next month for about $40 & 1-2" wide 12" long 1/8th inch thick aluminum 6061 flat at speedymetals.com for $1-2 each and some big 7" channellock pliers over dishcloth to bend them 90 degrees. Drill and screw 6061 flat, bend in U shape 2-4" high & mount tripod with bulb fixture. I have a level as the tripod model I like doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel4us View Post
heres a quick and efficient holderView Image just set on bricks or edge of hard containers surround with plants , add water !!! enjoy
You can also get the aluminum 6061 flats by the foot and bend and drill holes in them like you illustrated. Great idea, simple and cheap.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:45 PM #19
FiftySeeds

FiftySeeds has a spectacular aura aboutFiftySeeds has a spectacular aura aboutFiftySeeds has a spectacular aura aboutFiftySeeds has a spectacular aura about
FiftySeeds is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 12:10 PM #20
Drvktr

Drvktr is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the inspiration! works perfectly for my application.
Drvktr is offline Quote