What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vertical growing.........maxing out your light!

C

Cheeb

There is used to be a fella back in the OG days that went by the name JonJaffer. (anyone remember him). He had what I would call a fast rate swc, nft style system.

His flowering room consisted of 4 8" PVC tubes (7 plants per tube) which hung from the ceiling in a stadium fashion using chains. He simply would pump water water into the top tube which would flow very fast, overflowing down to the bottom tube (via a drain in his end cap positioned at just the right height), and then back to the res. He did have an airstone at the bottom of each plant site to further aerate and agitate the roots, but I think it would work just fine without.

His system was fully suspended making it a breeze to spray under the canopy, trim, sweep floor, etc. Truly a beauty. I recall him hitting consistent 6lb yeilds from 3 lights with a fast flowering 6wk bubblegum variety. (2 1K HPS (ends) & 1 1K MH (middle)).
design
t_showin.jpg

veg shot. 6" tubes - give you an idea of what I'm talking about
t_Pictur.jpg

pretty sad the quality of stuff which was lost when og went down.

Actually found a little grow faq detailing his show.

Not really detailing like his post on OG did, but does show his show progress through a bloom cycle. Anyone have copies of his old OG shit?

I believe the show pictured in the link below was before he upgraded to 8" tubes.

Check it out. Stadium grow at its finest. He hung is lights horizontal unlike NF, but used wings bent way up like a V. Wonder if he could of hit better yeilds just running bare vertical bulbs.

Link to JonJaffer's Hydro Stadium pictorial.
http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/growfaq/1449.html