What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

26 Day Old Autos

sandie66

Is this normal size for autos at 26 days old? I have nothing to compare them to. The other plants are regular girls, not autos.

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 14

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Too small. From what it looks like to me the autos' roots have no chance to grow because the medium is too dense. Hence the smaller size. Autos need a very light soil.

vostok

Veteran
Not a lot of perlite in that soil, I prefer 30% with autos and any hot soils, I avoid potting up, to avoid any form of transplant delay...just don't forget these babes are on the clock

sandie66

Yes they are small. I was told to start them in party cups and move. Big mistake. And by the time I was told to change the soil, I wasn't going to stress them out any further so I left them alone. My first auto grow. I will know better next time.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use pro-mix or any other kind of potting soil that your local nursery uses. They should sell them in 3-4 cubic ft bales. They will last a long time. It it the lightest soil and best soil you can buy already pre-made. All you have to do is add some blood and bone meal and worm castings. Starting them in party cups is the smartest way to go, IMO. They have a nice established root system when transplanted and the roots frolic with happiness when they get to move into their bigger new homes.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't need big pots to grow nice plants. These were grown in 4x4x5 square pots. This is one of 30 plants I'm about to cut down. They will all yield 12-18 grams.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sandie66

Ok, here we are today at 30 days:

Plant #1

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 15
    79.4 KB · Views: 26

sandie66

Plant #2

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 12

sandie66

I'm not repotting right now as they have pistils. I use Expert 15-30-15. My next grow will definitely have different soil.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I did super auto's (auto mazar and white widow), took 3 hydro grows to perfect. Was pumping air through water, and using Heisenberg tea. The taste of the auto mazar was fantastic, but the high of each, was disappointing. Might just be me screwing up.

With auto's, any mistakes can not be undone, and will effect outcome. Photo's, can correct before flowering, and get great crop. Also, clone strains, which are only photo, are more bang for the buck.

sandie66

I did super auto's (auto mazar and white widow), took 3 hydro grows to perfect. Was pumping air through water, and using Heisenberg tea. The taste of the auto mazar was fantastic, but the high of each, was disappointing. Might just be me screwing up.

With auto's, any mistakes can not be undone, and will effect outcome. Photo's, can correct before flowering, and get great crop. Also, clone strains, which are only photo, are more bang for the buck.

I do know that they are on a ticker and mistakes don't have time for fix themselves. I did not repot these and they are just too far in for me to stress them again and as I said, they have shot out some pistils so I will leave them in their pots. My next grow will definitely be new soil.

I did 100% strength last night and they look good this morning so I don't think it was too much. Hopefully it is perfect and they will green up for me.

Now, here is my big question. I want to go 12/12 some time next week as the photos are getting tall and I would like them to double or triple from where they are now. I don't have the "ceiling" space for something taller than 3-3½" feet. So if I wait until next week, will the autos be ok under 12/12 for the remainder of their time?

Latest posts

Latest posts